Fairy Dust

Hanging On

*Mikey's POV*

"I feel like an idiot..." mumbled Frank as he looked down at himself wearing Dr. Hearn's red polo track pants and a stripped shirt, his socks belonged to Nicola, they had monkeys on them. We all restrained from laughing as Dr. Hearn put a warm, wet cloth and Ray's forehead. How stuff was all once Patrick’s so we didn’t have much to complain about. He was away chopping wood. Gerard had a blue sweater and faded jeans; I had a read sweater and beige cords, nerdy much? Ray was in just a bathrobe still passed out on the bed.

"Were not much better off." Gerard joked. He sat in front of the fire, waiting for Elizabeth to fix his arm.

"Well at least your not wearing woman’s clothes!" Frank was sitting close to Gerard by the fire for emotional support. Dr. Hearn is going to pull the arm straight and it was be unbelievably painful. She walked over and washed his arm in warm water, cleaning off the dirt. My brother hissed in protest.

"Ready?" she asked him. He put a cloth in his mouth and nodded. I turned around so I wouldn’t see my brother go through such agony. Then the sound came, well it was muffled but if the rag weren’t there the shack would probably fall apart from the screaming. I turned back around to see Gerard's swollen arm straight again. He had fat tears rolling down his cheeks as he removed the cloth. He whimpered as she rolled is arm in a bandage and made a sling. "That wasn’t so bad." she said.

"I'm going to look for some cigarettes." Frank announced and stood up and put on a coat and boots.

"Bring me back one." Gerard said and Frank went out.

"How is he?" Frank asked, he had come back with no success for a smoke. He was already in withdrawal from lack of nicotine but Gerard was still strong even after about a week with no red pills or anything. It would come though, guaranty.

"Hanging on." Dr. Hearn said. Ray hadn’t moved since Frank and I put him on the straw bed. His breathing was still shallow. "He has severe hypothermia, you guys do to, and some bruised ribs. He should be fine with proper treatment... which we don’t have."

"What will that mean for Ray?" I asked. She paused.

"He might die."
♠ ♠ ♠
Nicola and CLare are accualy two girls I know and they are almost EXACTLY as I discribed them; bratty and shy.