Fairy Dust

Death Note

(READ CAT'S CRADLE FIRST!!!)

*Mikey's POV*

The gaps in the roof had sunlight pouring into the shack. The fire had been fed and was still burning strongly. The Hearn children avoided as much as humanly possible, shooting us glares once in a while and whispering to themselves. Patrick, Elizabeth’s husband who was also a horse vet, gave Gerard a new watch that was waterproof. I rubbed the infinity charm on the chain Danger gave me affectionately. I would never forget him but everyone was right, as much as you’re all tired of hearing this, it was time to move on. Danger's spirit still was here, I could feel it but he was also in my heart, locked away and safe. Even if a new love came into my life, Danger would still be there. Will we remember that night in 20 years past? That day Danger was shot? Oh yes, I would never forget the look in his eyes, happiness.

"Will you boys at least eat before leaving?" Patrick’s voice was leading for us to stay a little longer.

"We don’t want to be a burden or anything, after all you've done for us..." I heard Gerard saying.

"Not at all!" Elizabeth was saying. "Don’t you dare ever think you boys are a burden to us, we wanted to help!"

"Okay, okay, we'll stay!" I heard Gerard smile as he said it. I opened my eyes to be blinded by the morning light. I groaned and snuggled deeper under the wool blankets. Frank was right beside me, naked! We all went to bed naked... Gerard, Frank and I... I slept with my brother and we were both naked.

"Ewww..." I mumbled out loud.

"What?" Frank asked groggily.

"I slept with my brother naked, in the same bed." I wrinkled my nose and he laughed.

"Well I can’t blame you, he's damn sexy.” he said rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"You slept with him too." we both laughed and were handed bowls of re-heated stew by Elizabeth. These times were not of being picky; we gratefully took the bowls and began to eat. We still needed to pick Ray up from Bob and his crazy sister, Adelaide.

"Good bye and good luck!" the Hearn’s called out. I hated when people said that to me it seemed so depressing. We walked down the snow-covered laneway to collect Ray to be on our way to Cali. I don’t know why but I was focused on going there. Why did Danger want to go specifically there? What was so special about public beaches, shark filled waters and hot girls? The two Hearn girls didn’t smile or wave, no form of good-bye. They only seemed happy to see us go.

"Do we have to? Not even half and hour more?" Ray whined. He and Adelaide's brother, Bob had become inseparable in a matter of hours.

"Uh... Bob? Where's your creepy sister?" Frank looked around nervously.

"Yeah, where is she?" Ray looked around too. "We haven’t seen her for a few hours, right?" Bob nodded and began to look around. The cats were gone and so was the girl.

"Adie? Adelaide? Where are you?" he began to call out franticly.

We had been looking for over two hours with no success. No footprints or paw prints, almost as if she vanished into thin air, almost like Danger's ghost... Even in my new coat and boots, I was getting chilly. The elements were taking its toll on my body. I already had hypothermia, what next?

"Maybe she went back to the shack?" I asked, my breath coming out in fluffy clouds. Bob nodded, clearly worried, we headed back.

When we arrived, something on the dirt ground caught my eye, a folded piece of paper. I picked it up and unfolded it.

Dear Bob.
Don’t bother to come look for me I'm gone. Gone to California to pursue my dream of teaching cat's to talk. Don’t get me wrong, you’re a cool brother and all but you wouldn’t understand.

Love Adelaide xxoo

Bob had been reading the note over my shoulder. His blue eyes were tear brimmed. I passed the note to him and read it over and over again.

"Were going to California if you want to join us." I whispered to him. He looked me in the eye and his face told all. He turned away from me and looked at everyone’s hopeful face.

A few minutes passed. "She's my responsibility, I'll go with you guys."

"South is towards the waterfall and across the river." Frank checked his compass. The Hearn’s gave us a knapsack filled with supplies such as food and clothing. Bob carried the pack and I had the gun, we took turns carrying it all. I wanted to pay them back for all that they ever did for us. What we saw next spooked us beyond belief.
♠ ♠ ♠
286 readers, 42 subscibers, 8 stars and 101 comments!!! Thank you all so much!! I love you all!!!!!! :::DDD