Fairy Dust

Mercy

*Frank's POV*

Is it just me or does Gerard seem slightly off today? He stumbles as he walks and slurs his words together when he speaks. It's almost as odd as Brendan's disappearance. Mikey had woken up uptight about some shit and found our new companion gone. I on the other hand am calm about the whole situation; Mikey is stressed about Danger probably. All's fair in love and war. We ate our waffles in silence with barely a glance at each other. Bob and Ray were unusually quiet as well, something was wrong. Those very thoughts were passing through my head when it happened.

That familiar soar of a jet ripping through the sky sent shivers through my body because something was wrong. Then that whistle came, the very whistle that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand on end, then the crash. The windows rattled and felt as though they would shatter into billions of tiny diamonds. The earth shook with enough force to throw us from our seats and land on the floor. It repeated in the same process but closer, this time the windows did shatter and the shock wave throwing some unlucky men into the wall. Then a timber cracked and men started crying, dust fell from the ceiling like fairy dust. We coughed and gagged and my eyes watered, I was so scared. I struggled to stand but my legs felt like pudding beneath me but I finally did stand and look around. Panic burned everyone’s very eyes. More bomber jets didn’t show mercy as they dropped their cargo on the pathetic pedestrians below. People screamed and died before my eyes.

Our hearts felt as thought they would explode out of our flexible rib cages and our lungs would give out from the dust we inhaled. I felt tugging on my coat sleeve and I blindly followed my savior. I saw Gerard pathetically standing there with his eyes glazed over in confusion. Something was wrong with him. Ray held the same dumbfounded expression. I grabbed my lover’s cold hand and dragged him with me. He followed obediently. My eyes darted everywhere trying to take in everything. All I was doing was running with the person who was pulling me and holding onto Gerard's hand. Before I knew it I was blinded by the suns rays. We were outside. The bombs felt closer then before and I wondered where Bob and Ray were and who was saving my life. My vision cleared to see Mikey's chestnut hair billowing behind him and his face showed determination as he pulled me and his big brother with him. His long strides ate up the ground while my short ones hardly kept up. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Bob dragging a very sick looking Ray with him. People screams filled my ears. Bomber planes soared with grace as they dropped their cargo and moved on. One bomb blew a building we were right beside. Broken glass rained down on us as I shut my eyes to avoid any damage. Steel twisted and concrete blocks dislodged themselves from the building and began to fall. They landed close by with deadly force that could kill anything in their path. It made me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. Panic raced through our systems as we kept running with only adrenaline to keep us moving.

Mikey was saving our lives. My heart swelled with love and joy. His features were eliminated by the light and I nearly forgot we were on a murder scene. Damn he was hot! I looked back at Gerard’s fear stricken face, he noticed what was surrounding us. He had saved me multiple times before, he loved me and I loved him... didn’t I? Mikey was closer to my age and I knew him better. He was my best friend! Did he feel the same way? How could I think of such things at a time like this!?

I jumped over some debris, I love Gee. He's the one I want to spend the rest of my life with, right? Oh these sweet emotions are swirling inside me like a violent maelstrom. I need somehow to get them out and I certainly not express them because I don’t want to be the leader of The Broken Hearts Parade.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments Wanted!!!