Fairy Dust

The Dreamer

*Gerard's POV*

That smell... so familiar yet so uninviting. It feels to clean here and why am I so comfortable? My head is throbbing, why? It all flooded back, puking up dinner, meeting Frank, the myspace picture and overdosing... I was alive after all! The whole thing was a dream, the war, the sex, the lies. I never killed Mikey and I never attempted to murder Frank. I bet mom, dad, Frank and Mikey were waiting outside drinking coffee and worried sick about my welfare. I smiled but winced as my hangover. From now on I would never drink this much again and no more popping pills like candy. I looked around me room, an IV was stuck in my arm and I retrained from screaming in terror. Needles... I was scared to death by them! I was definitely in a hospital, no place on earth could be more sterile but a neutered/ spayed animal. Painkillers.... painkillers...!!! What I'd do for some Advil or something to take away the pain in my skull. I looked beside me to find the call for the nurse, I pressed the button numerous times before someone decided to pay attention to me. A tired old nurse walked in with a heavenly glass of water and 2 beloved Aspirin. I gulped them down hungrily and sucked back the water. Both had never felt so good!

"Get you bring in my family?" I asked. She looked at me confused.

"Pardon me?"

"My family, their probably waiting to see me."

"Sweetheart, nobodies waiting for anybody. This war has taken a toll on everyone. If your family is waiting for you, their probably in a room or even surgery." so it was true. It wasn't a dream, I did kill Mikey and I lost my love! I broke down crying with the bewildered nurse trying to comfort me. "I'm sorry honey." she said.

"You don't understand! I killed him! I killed my brother! I lost the love of my life and I don't know!" I wailed. She seemed so confused so I told her our story. When I finished she sat and said nothing.

"It almost sounds like Fairy Dust to me and It would if I wasn't a war victim to this war."

"Fairy Dust?" I choked out.

"Make belief." then she left me to cry and wish I didn't get drunk that night with Ray.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww poor Gerard! Comments are love!!!