Fairy Dust

Surprise.

*Frank's POV*

I hid the tears as best as I could on the way upstairs. The hospital was probably running on the emergency generator and was only using the elevators for emergencies. My slippered feet made hardly a sound on the floor. The puke-green hospital gown made me feel exposed to all eyes. They had taken my clothes to wash though I think they are burning them. They gave me this thin robe which showed off my legs instead. I crossed my arms over my chest and kept my head down. Up ahead, doctors and nurses continued to file in and out of the room beside mine. I watched until the flow of traffic had vanished completely. I was curious about who had drawn all of the hospital staff's attention. I glanced around to make sure the coast was clear and when it was I darted into the dark room.

*Mikey's POV*

I felt a presence close to me. They tip toed and silently as a ninja but I knew it wasn't a ninja because we weren't in a book or movie. I was continuously slipping in and out of consciousness. Now I didn't want to die, the cycle could be broken to do so much like sky diving or heli-skiing. A new bondage was wrapped tightly around my throbbing throat. The smell of antibiotics lingered in the still air. My writs were tied to the bed rails, I bet the hospital staff thought I was mental, maybe I was.

"Mikey?" I heard a familiar voice and I opened my heavy eyelids to see a shadowed figure at the foot of my bed. "Mikes!?" they yelped and scurried over to be right beside me and took my cold hand in their warm one. Their voice was choked by tears. My poor dear Frankie, what have I done? I may never see your smiling face again because I made the wrong choice, I'm sorry.

"Frankie?" I mumbled through my dry lips.

"What's wrong Mikes, what can I do? Is there anything wrong?" he was speaking so fast I hardly caught what he said but I cherished his concern.

"Water." he handed me a white styrofoam cup with a straw and held it white I drank. He put it on the fake wood table beside my bed when I was finished quenching my thirst. "I love you." It slipped out but I caught myself; "-as a friend." I saw the hurt in his eyes again. I wish I missed it.

"Mikey please I-" I cut him off.

"Do you love me?" I coughed and Frank nodded.

"I-" I cut him off again.

"As what?" I pressed him. He paused. He was thinking.

"A brother." he lied.

"You're lying through your teeth." I whispered. I felt so tired now. This conversation was draining my energy. The antibiotics were doing there magic. Frank said nothing but I noticed his bottom lip tremble. It pained me to see him like this. He turned away. "Look at me." I demanded. He looked at me with fat tears making there way down his cheeks. It was hard for us all. He still had Gerard to deal with if he was still alive. I bet is poor head was filled with so many thoughts right now. I hated to see him in pain. Did I have the same feelings for him that he had for me? That was my last thought before I dozed off.