Fairy Dust

Sick

Gerard’s POV

Fear choked my soul and panic coursed though my veins. My eyelids flew open to see people with masks. They circled me speaking to one another. I didn’t understand them, all I heard was static. The room was white, was this hell?

One person began to place a mask over my face. I began to scream in terror. I heard beeping. My heart was going a million miles an hour. The mask came closer and closer to my face. I screamed louder and tried to escape. Those people help me down. The mask came over my face. My screaming subsided and a wave of sleepiness came over my body. I stopped trying to get away and my eyelids grew heavy. My heart slowed and my breathing came to normal. Then I slept.

Mikeys POV

We waited for news in the white waiting room. The smell of the hospital was overwhelming. I felt the bile rise in my throat and emptied onto the sanitary white floor. Frank patted me on the back. My parents gave each other a worried expression.

“Are you alright Mikey?” asked my mom. I nodded. A nurse ran over to me and gave me a bucket just before I became sick again. Frank looked little green himself and the same nurse brought him a bucket as well. A janitor came over and mopped my sick off the floor. Frank looked worse and became sick in his bucket too. Now my nerves had it. I was so scared for my brother and all I could do is get sick in the waiting room with my best friend and my parents. How long would we have to wait? 24 hours for results on how my brother was doing? Was he going to live, die or be mentally damaged for the rest of his life because some idiot introduced him to drugs!? I began to sob. My dad hugged me and Frank patted me on the back. I cried until I could cry no more. Then a doctor came to give us news.

Gerard’s POV

I lay in a freshly made bed. I opened my eyes to see the same white room but no people. I felt sick and empty. I bet they pumped my stomach out. At least I wouldn’t need to sneek into the bathroom to do it myself. So I was in the hospital. Why wasn’t I dead? I don’t remember one thing about the trip here and I don’t know how long I was here for, could be hours, days or weeks. Maybe I’ve been out for months like some girl in a movie I saw once. I gave a half hearted laugh but soon felt ill again and blacked out once more before the door swung open.