Fairy Dust

Water

[Two updates today, read Run!]

Gerard's POV

My muscles ached and throbbed. Danger seems to be getting heavier by the second. I can hardly keep up with the group anymore, only Mikey stayed back with me.

"Bob?" he turned around and stopped, waiting for us to catch up with him. "Please take him, I don't think I can go on."

"No problem Gee." we gently transfered the sleeping Danger. My muscles sighed in relief as we continued walking through the dense undergrowth. We came to a small clearing in the trees with a clear stream running through. It occurred to me that weren't fed at the hospital and our last meal was at the homeless shelter that Brendan took us too, wherever he was.

"WATER!" Mikey cried out waking Danger. He dropped to his knees and started lapping up the crystal clear substance like a dehydrated camel. Each of us drank our fill not really caring if the water was full of bacteria. Something darted through the water but I couldn't make out what it was i=until Mikey cried out- "FISH!" he threw himself in the water with a large splash. We shielded ourselves with our arms as water went flying in all directions and Mikey returned with his prize, a fat cat fish.

"Were eating fish tonight!" Ray laughed. We all began dancing and laughing but Danger.

"I don't like fish." he crinkled his nose like a child who got vegetables put in front of them.

The soil was still damp from the days rain and it cooled the air considerably. We were going through a winter melting, tricking us to think that spring was on its way though the worst was yet to come. A brilliant fire danced before us with Mikey's cat fish on a rock on the edge cooking. It wasn't fillet or droned. We got organs and all. I used a small rock as a spoon as I scooped some fish into my mouth and my hand as a plate. It wasn't very sanitary. The meat was delicious until I got a bone wedged between my tooth and gum. The metallic liquid landed on my taste buds as i pried the painful object out.

"Full of bones." I commented.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments appreciated!!!