Fairy Dust

In The Fall

[READ THE CHAPTER BEFORE THIS IF YOU MISSED IT!!!]

Gerard's POV

The last thing I can remember was riding on Lola, my horse, it said her name on the leather rope around her face. We were flying with bullets nearly hitting us. Cold wind rushed through my greasy hair then suddenly she screamed in pain and began falling. A strangled scream from beneath let me guess she landed on a soldier. Everything was going so fast and I let go. I felt myself flying then the ground rushing towards me then black.

Franks POV

I watched Gerard's horse go down. I watched as the life was sucked out of it but I didn't see where Gerard landed. Not many soldiers remained, not as much artillery was fired at us. Was he alive, dead, or worse? I rather find him now then find his body a year later half decomposed.

We were half way across the field when it happened. I don't know if I was hit but Knickers let out a squeal then fell. I jumped off and rolled before she could crush me. She stood again but something was wrong. Her leg was bent at an alarming angle at the knee, it went 90 degrees to the right. In her own words I think she was crying and begging for some soldier to shoot her. She couldn't live like that. I remember Elizabeth and Patrick Hearn, the horse vets and their two snotty daughters; Nicola and Claire, I wish they were here to help her. The gunfire halted, I stood as she lay back in the wet grass. I picked up a large rock that was almost too heavy to carry and dropped it on her head. The point was to kill her and put her out of her misery but her breathing didn't stop. Her eyes rolled back and her long tongue hung out but she was still alive and in more pain then before. I closed my eyes as I pinched her nostrils shut until I thought she was dead. I checked to make she she was. I didn't want her to suffer, hell, I'm a vegetarian!

"Frank!" I spun around to see Mikey galloping towards me on his fat grey horse extending one long arm. I took his hand as he pulled me up. I wrapped my arms around him as his fat horse carried us to safety.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you guys realized I killed my horses; Lola and Knickers in this story!!?? Actually Lola is sick in real life, horse flu. I KILLED THEM FOR YOUR OWN ENTERTAINMENT!!! lol Comments are love!!!