Fairy Dust

Through Tired Eyes

Mikey's POV

I sat against the dank wooden wall of the cargo car. My arms were crossed to keep the heat in my body. We have gone through suitcase after suitcase looking for warm clothes that fit us, it was my brothers idea. The people would probably miss it though when they would settle in Texas but it was either that or us freezing to death. After the boxes moved, there are now holes and cracks everywhere that filled the car with dim light but enough to make our way around without killing ourselves or each other. It was day time at least.

"I'm hungry." Frank said.

"We all are." Ray answered but his voice was gentle compared to his usual aggressive tone.

"Well there won't be any food around here." Gerard had his back to us. What is happening to us, were all falling apart from the seems. We are taking sides. I can't take either; Frank is my best friend and Gee, my brother. I am torn in between.

"Where are we?" Danger asked after a while if silence.

"How the fuck should we know?Were on a fucking train!" Gerard spun around and snapped.

"I was just asking." Bob gritted his teeth in anger. Danger cast his eyes away and over to the wall. We were all beginning to look homeless... well more so then what we really are I guess. I dreamed of a razor falling from the stars and maybe even a working toilet?

"Gerard, what the fuck?" I asked angrily. "Danger was just asking! "my brother just looked at me, starring into my eyes but all I saw was pain, hunger, and fear. Though I still didn't quite understand fully. I know that everyone but Ray is against him for breaking up with Frankie but then again, I don't really know much about Ray's history nor am I a mind reader to read what is going on in that curly mass of hair? This is basically mutiny, Gee is the leader of us. We remained silent and listened to the train going down the tracks. It had its own rhythm; Dun- Duh, Dun-Duh, Dun- Duh. The metal of the wheels would squeal in protest as the train made its wide turns but then straight back to that heartbeat-like rhythm; Dun-Duh, Dun-Duh... It was Frank who broke me out of my thoughts.

"How long have we been going?" I thought for a second.

"Maybe 9 or 10 hours at least?"

"How long do you think it will take?"

"Perhaps over a week if we keep up the pace but we need to stop sometimes." Frank nodded slowly.

"Are you scared?" he whispered. I dreaded that question.

"Yeah." I admitted. "You?" he nodded again.

"We need to go back to school Mikes, it will be the same as before... " but worse...I feared the government owned building more then I feared death. I know it sounds silly but It's true. The clones of preps and the robotic jocks that burns glares into our flesh like lasers. Then there was us... the freaks, the emos, the outsiders...

"I know, that's what I fear most."

"Me too." we stayed silent for a moment.

"How are we going to make it?" I asked.

"Make what?" he rubbed his tired eyes with the back of one dirty hand.

"You know, it, life. How are we going to survive society, jobs, money?"

"I don't know. We all have school besides Danger, Ray and I don't know about Bob." he sighed.

"I'm going to get a job for after school." I stated.

"Where?" I shrugged.

"We'll see what there is; a restaurant, a dollar store, or maybe as a striper." I was joking on the last one.

"Sure Mikes, you'll make that one." I hit him playfully and we laughed but deep down I was really scared it might come true.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? I am actually in a rush, I have pony club (don't laugh) Hope you enjoyed it! :)