I Will Follow You Into the Dark

Chapter Six

Jack glares viciously at who he can only assume is the Ralidan leader. He’s larger than the rest and has an air about him that demands attention. Jack feels a bit sick as he watches him simply scrape Curr off his talons like he was nothing. Another death. Death by Torchwood? No, death by Jack Harkness, just like the rest.

“I believe those vials belong to me,” the creature bellows.

“You killed my father.”

The creature has the gall to smile. Well, smile as much as its species can.

“You killed my father. Destroyed my brother,” Jack continues in a shaky voice. “Ruined my life and I’m taking these vials. You’re going to pay.”

“Pathetic human. All that emotion is meaningless. You all die anyway. Why prolong it?”

Jack answers quickly, surprising even himself, “We prolong it because life’s worth living. Not that you’d know, locked in this place hanging death in your prisoners faces and pulling them back in just to do it again.”

The creature kicks Curr’s body out of his way, coming closer, “And what do you plan on doing with the breath? Use it on yourself? No, there’s someone else. Pathetic. You’re doing the same as us. Hanging death in their face as you put it.”

“I’m fixing it!” Jack shouts, fuming at his comparison. “They’re dead and you’re next.”

The creature lunges at Jack, talons slicing into his forearms as he throws him up against the opposite wall and away from the vials.

Jack lets out a shout of pain as the white hot burn in his forearms spreads. He grits his teeth and kicks the creature away, sending it skidding across the floor. He hastily digs into his coat for another gun or knife but the Ralidanian is already up and tossing him to the ground.

“Weapons are useless. I’ve already got mine,” the creature hisses, stabbing his talons into Jack’s chest.

Jack screams, the pain excruciating. He almost gives up fighting because the pain is so immense. He knows he doesn’t have much time before he dies of blood loss. He shuts his eyes tight and sees icy blue.

The Jack I knew would have stood up to them.

He opens his eyes again, body now thrumming with adrenaline as he fights past the pain. He punches the creature, giving himself just enough time to reach in his coat and pull out his gun.

As he fires the entire clip into the leader he cries out in his native tongue, “This is for Dad and Gray and….Ianto.”

When he sees the creature is dead he crumbles, clutching his chest, half of his blood already marking up the floor. He glances into the room with the vials and Curr’s body. He’d give him a vial if it worked on his species but he knows it doesn’t.

“I’m so sorry…” he mutters quietly.

He flops over on his side, opening his temporary manipulator and prays there is enough battery left to get him home. He enters the coordinates and presses the button, feeling himself pulled back through space and time to modern day Earth.

The last thing he sees before he finally passes out is the cold, gray floor he landed on of an empty building and the last thing he hears is footsteps.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I'm so incredibly late with this. I AM SO SORRY! Life has just been getting the best of me lately. Some drama with my mom and having to do a TON of stuff for my little sister and just yeah... I kept forgetting I even had this story going on. I hope you guys still read it. There's only one part left and I SWEAR I will post it in a week. You can PM me if I forget. -Ash