Sometimes It's Better to Give In

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Emmeline was lying in the bed of their latest hotel room. The covers were all askew and gently wrapped around the lower half of her body. Alex had gotten up to make a trip to the bathroom and she was lying on her stomach looking at her wedding ring, musing to herself.
Alex came back into the room and crawled back on the bed. He started planting kisses up Emmy’s spine that stemmed from just above her backside. She smiled at the soft pressure of his lips and the way his hair lightly traced unintentional patterns on her back.
Her skin rose in goose bumps when he made it to the back of her neck. Alex kissed to her left shoulder and then doubled back to her right before returning to the back of her neck.
The entire honeymoon had been something of a never-ending love fest. Of course they had expected this in a way. They knew that the main focus of this time alone and cut off from the rest of the world would be on the time they spent in bed, but no one had told them just how strong and unsatisfiable these feelings were.
They found just how deep these feelings ran in them. To think it had taken a wedding to feel how they felt about each other now. It was like they weren’t allowed to feel this way until they had something to merit it, something to make it legal.
The origin of these feelings that ran bone deep didn’t much matter. What did matter was that they felt them. That Alex was still kissing her back and she was slowly turning over.
Alex skillfully kissed across the side of her rib cage as she rolled. He started his way up her chest and lingered in his two favorite places before their mouths were at last connected.
He slid easily under the mess of blankets and covers that adorned their bed and then it was easy to become what they felt. They embodied their feelings with each phrase muttered in the others ear and each noise and cry of pleasure, with each twist and turn of their bodies.
It was a simple thing to get lost like they had. There was no effort. This world was a world of their own and they had only but tasted it before they were married.
The honeymoon lasted through the plane ride and the drive home. They had news for everyone and they knew who they were going to tell first.
Courtney, Mikaela, and Zack had come across the country to see Alex and Emmy and to bring Sebastian back to them. Emmy had missed her baby dearly but having Alex like she’d had him the past two months almost made up for it.
Sebastian was the happiest dog in the world to see the two human beings he loved most again. He’d thought they’d left him and moped around for the first few weeks before he was able to be himself again. While he spent his time in California he would still jump at the sound of the door or run to the window to watch a passing car only to be sad that it hadn’t stopped, but he’d gotten used to it. Now he was overjoyed to have his humans back.
Alex picked him up and cuddled him close to his heart. Emmy came over and started kissing Sebastian. He had kisses for both his parents as well. It was a cute reunion for Zack and Courtney to watch.
“Did you guys have a good time?” Courtney asked.
For the first time Emmy looked at Courtney. She saw that small but defined bump sticking out that Courtney had her hand on. Zack’s arm was wrapped behind Courtney and his fingertips were rubbing the side of that bump while in his other arm he held their one year and five month old girl Mikaela.
“We had an amazing time.” Emmeline said.
For an hour there were stories to be told about the things Alex and Emmy did outside of the hotel bedrooms. They had found time between those crippling desires and needs to make it outside for fresh air, sunlight, and the sights of Europe.
“Oh, and another thing that happened that is amazing.” Alex smiled looking at Emmy to make sure it was okay and then continued. “She’s pregnant.”
“Ahh! We can be pregnant together!” Courtney was so excited it was hard for her to contain it. “I’ll be slightly more pregnant than you, but it’ll be together! How long?”
“A month.” Emmy said.
“Awe, you’re just starting out.” Zack smiled.
“So we’ll have seven months to grow together and then I’ll have my baby two months before you!”
Those seven months passed rather quickly. Lots of things happened. Alex and Emmy got a girl puppy that Sebastian instantly decided was his girlfriend. Both Jack and Rian got engaged. Courtney had her second baby, a boy. Stephie and Kara helped each other plan their respective weddings. Emmeline’s stomach grew and grew.
Alex was amazed at how different she looked. Every morning he would wake up and there would be this bump that he knew was his wife and baby. He would rest his head against Emmy and run his hands over her enormous belly all the while talking to the little baby inside.
That baby was a boy when he finally made his entrance into the world. They named him William Alexander, just a switch of Alex’s names but fitting. He looked like Alex more than he did Emmy.
The inevitable pain of leaving for tour happened again. Courtney had a friend in California that baby sat for her while she went to her classes finishing out her senior year in college. The girl had gone through having two children-both born in the summer-and still keeping up with her school. Zack couldn’t believe how amazing she was for this. She was a dedicated mother and a dedicated student all at the same time. She truly amazed him.
Emmy had been working while she was pregnant at the job she’d gotten with Six Flags in the design of roller coasters. She took a three-month leave after having William and took care of him during that time.
The three months were up and Alex was able to stay home with their son while she went back to work for a month before Alex had to leave for tour.
Emmy’s mother stepped in and offered to help take care of the little boy while Emmy was working. She came home as soon as she could and took on all responsibilities of being a mother from the second her shoes were off after getting home to the second she had to get into her car in the morning to go to work.
Rian and Kara got married and then Jack and Stephie as soon as Rian and Kara were back from their homey moon. Then it was Jack and Stephie’s turn to drop off the face of the earth and live in their own world for a time.
Time moved steadily and Courtney soon found herself pregnant again. She just couldn’t help herself when Zack was around. He liked that they kept having children and didn’t plan to stop any time soon. He loved this life. It was so perfect.
Courtney had finished school by this time and had a small photography business that she’d started with a friend. Now she was leaving the majority of the business to her friend and taking more time to be with her children. Her friend knew this was what she needed to do. Courtney still took pictures and had fun with her cameras, but she for the most part started to become the brains of the operation from home so she could be with her babies.
Alex and Emmeline had a second boy. Emmy was angling for another baby not long after that. She didn’t want to be the only girl in the house besides the girl puppy they had. Alex told her to wait a little while.
Rian and Kara were the next to jump on the baby wagon welcoming a little baby girl into their lives. She was positively the most beautiful thing Rian had ever seen in his life. He could not conceive how he’d taken part in something this precious. She was like a miracle to him. This tiny living and breathing little girl was his and she was perfect.
Jack and Stephie were content to be themselves and be together for five years before they joined the baby wagon with a boy that they knew from the start was going to be just like Jack because he made a lot of noise all the time. It was like this little guy made noise just to hear himself and for no other reason that perhaps his own sounds were comforting to him.
Life was damn near perfect for all of them. It had balanced out the best way possible so that married life, children, and the band all fit onto one plate. They knew that they were blessed and so happy that it all happened this way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter. Story is over. Are you happy with it? Did you like it. Say goodbye to Alex and Emmeline Gaskarth. They're off to have fun now. No more about them.
Leave comments please since this is the last chapter.
Thanks for reading/commenting/subscribing. You're awesome.

Promotions!
Tension's Like A Fire
ATL with powers from their AP shoot? Sounds fun. Just hope that the human bulldozer doesn't make you into a street pizza. (inside joke :D)
A Heart Like That
Although I am slightly frustrated with this Garrett Nickelsen story right now, I can't stop reading it. Hooray Becca for writing this!
Remembering Sunday
Stephie Barakat. Jack Barakat. Brother and Sister. Brother forgets sister. Brother thinks band is more important. Sister changes. Brother and Friends don't recognize Sister.