While On The Way

Good ***ing Morning

A boy carefully squeezed his shut eyes even closer together as the sound of an engine running, wind whistling and car whooshing by him. The sun shining through his eye lids making his sight bright red instead of the comfortable black that he had been in for the past eight hours or so. Moving one of his eyes open slightly, as the other one was pressed tightly against the glass. Watching a red jeep rush past them on the two-sided road and the sun shining halfway through as part of the rocky wall partly blocked it. He smacked his lip tasting the morning breath moving his head a little bit, realizing just now how half of his face was pressed tightly on the glass window. Slowly ripping the fused skin off. His eyes moving back to the inside of the car and quickly seeing a camera with an arm attached to it, pointed directly at him with a red light shining. The dark haired boy's eyes quickly popping open and hands shooting for the piece of equipment that was quickly pulled away from the hand.

"And that boys and girls," the older boy that owned the arm with the camera, turning it to himself as another arm putting his hand to the sleepy boy's face. "Is why you should never sleep on the cool glass no matter how good it feels. Or at least do so and letting your friend have the camera. Especially if you’re Max because we can't hear him moan names of his wet dreams if it's muffled by glass," the boy smiled looking back to the boy named Max, who was violently thrashing his arms around trying to grab the camera.

"Sit the fuck down Max. Come on you've been caught red handed," the guy sitting in the very middle of the whole thing said. More afraid that Max was going to choke trying to get the camera than anything. "C'mon James let him go," he said prying away James's fingers tightly clamped on the half pink face and quickly pulling Max back to the seat.

"Let me fucking go Zach," Max said shooting a bit of a leer at his brother, then looking at the camera again, "You are not putting that on that stupid website you made," Max said reluctantly fully seated now, rubbing the rosy half of the face that had pinkened by the glass.
The last boy in the shot gun seat having his stomach pressed against the seat, chuckling as he observed his brothers going through the whole ordeal. The same basic format as usual; Max and James always ticking each other off and Zach pulling them apart.

Zach looking at his brother staring from the front seat and glared at him. Knowing if he fought for that seat a little bit harder, he wouldn't be choking. He adjusted his glasses that was practically falling off his nose now, "What are you looking at Casey?"

"At first it was Max giving a show to the tourists but now it's just the usual," Casey shrugged, smiling a little, happy he dove for the seat as soon after they ate instead of letting Zach have it.

"Would you guys settle down? Please? I know you're all cranky but we're going to the next diner we see for coffee to brighten you up so shut the fuck up," the girl in the driver's seat growled loudly holding the steering wheel tightly. A little mad that they were fighting as they usually did in the morning but having been used to it by now. Knowing the four brothers since halfway through middle school and always picking on each other in first period. But more ticked off that she couldn't see the surely-hysterical view of Max's face pressed hard against the glass. But knowing she could view it later on the website if need be.

"And that was the lovely Samantha. She's a buttercup isn't she?" James flashed a winning smile into the lens and then Sam who had gripped the wheel harder.

"I've been driving all night!" she shouted her excuse to the camera looking over a little bit, making sure the boy wasn't facing the camera to her or she'd have to throw the water bottle Casey had just put down. "I'd like to see how much of a buttercup you'd be hanging around four quarreling brothers twenty four seven in a cramped car running on no sleep," Samantha said looking back to the road shaking her head.

"We never asked you to have a hell of a voice and join our band. That was all you," Casey pointed out, nodding as he grabbed his sunglasses. The sun seeming way too bright to the dark brown haired, brown eyed boy. Starting to wish that instead of a new muffler last time they upgraded something on this rinky-dink car, they would've gotten tinted windows.

"Why are you still fucking talking to that thing? Delete it before bodily harm comes to you," Max scowled.

Zach's bored eyes perked up in horror, knowing Max wasn't kidding as he gripped his brother's seatbelt. "You will not bring that harm as long as I'm sitting between you two," he said gripping harder, refusing to be crushed in the brawl for something as stupid as a video tape.

Max tried to pry the fingers off the lock of his belt, "Oh yes I will if James doesn't fucking stop."
"You say the word fuck a lot," James smiled pointing out looking over and quickly back to the camera, "You see fan girls? Max isn't the "nice guy." That's me and I don't care if I have to share the burden of including being the funny and cute one," James shrugged fixing his hair. Being quite the camera whore for eleven in the morning, this to them was the equivalent to six am.

"Oh god you're annoying me now," Casey rolled his eyes as Samantha handed him the map. Smirking knowing he was the only person in the crappy, little, puce green, Volkswagen van, that could actually read them.

"Wait after twenty five years I'm just annoying you now? Score," James said moving the camera to the front seat to stare at Casey now, who just stared into the lens with a stiff thumb up.
"Don't worry though Case. You're still the mean, brooding one," James said suppressing a laugh.

Moving the camera back and Samantha caught the lens flashing at her with her girl-self-consciousness sixth sense. "Don't point that thing at me, come on. Great, now you've pissed off all the people in the car," she rolled her eyes. Realizing as soon as the words came from her mouth that it was a mistake as she turned carefully on the hilly road. Getting more and more afraid that the she was sharing the car with would distract her enough to tip over. Looking to Casey desperately with the look, the looking begging Casey to tell her that they were getting to some sort of destination soon. In which Casey just shook his head, seeing nothing but hills for the next sixty miles or so.

James repositioned the camera. Finding frustrating everyone so early a job well done, "Well--"
"Turn it off!" the whole car seemed to exclaim at the guy who physically jumped.
"Signing off before I get my assed kick. Thanks peeps!" James quickly said into the camera turning it off. Then handing it to Zach, "Upload that to the site please." He smiled sweetly at the tech manager/keyboardist. Knowing he was the only one that really know how to work widgets like that.

Max about to protest and Zach about to reluctantly agree when the whole car came to a shocking halt. Making everyone in the back seat yelp with surprise. "Okay seat change," Samantha said sweetly, getting out of the driver seat as everyone still had their hearts pounding in their chest. Thinking they were going to get run over by a sixteen wheeler but not arguing as they scrambled out of the car.

For the next two hours, thirty eight minutes, and forty two seconds, James drove and Max didn't dare nap. Samantha passed out before she could lay eyes on the video she wanted so desperately to see. Casey snickered having the pleasure of watching the video over and over again and Zach...Well he just enjoyed having rare peace.

But after the time span they all got out, not before all the boys screamed "wake up" and got sweet revenge from the screeching halt. Samantha waking up in a panic of course and chasing the boys around the parking lot until one of them ran into a car and set off an alarm. In which they all ran into the dinky little diner like cop cars were on their way.
♠ ♠ ♠
I’m not sure what this story is going to be about but I do know that I enjoy writing it. I have nothing planned ahead really and I hope you guys enjoyed reading. Comments and critique welcome. Thank you.