One of the Boys...Right?

Chapter 12

After another hellish holiday, I was celebrating the end another year. There were about 5 minuted until midnight, and my friends and I were all making a toast with our bottles of sparkling cider, cans of pop and energy drinks, and glasses of milk or juice.

"To one more year of managing to not kill each other!" Dunn held up his can of Monster.

"Or anyone else." Novak held up his energy drink as well.

"I'll toast to that one." I clinked my bottle of cider with his drink.

"To those really cool pranks we played on people!" Raab laughed.

"Sorry, I won't toast to that." Kelsey's eyes drifted to her foot.

"To being childish and immature?" Bam suggested and raised this goblet thing he found in the back of a cupboard. He had poured monster in it.

"I can definitely toast to that one." Dico put his glass of apple juice in the air.

"To getting through another fucked up year?" I suggested, re-raising my cider.

"Of course." everyone clinked drinks with me.

"Guys! One minute to midnight!" Novak finally exclaimed. We turned our attention to the giant TV screen in front of us.

"5...4...3...2...1...HAPPY NEW YEAR!" We shouted and began blowing on horns. Then we flew open the front door and jumped into the snow, still screaming and blowing the horns and whistles. I noticed people standing on their front porches, also blowing horns and yelling about the new year. A snowball hit me in the back of the head.

"Oops!" Dunn said innocently.

"I know you were." I replied just as innocently. His mouth dropped open and he tackled me into the snow.

"You fight dirty." he laughed.

"You're finally learning!" I cheered before I grabbed Kelsey's left hand with my right one and her right one with my left one and began spinning with her in the middle of the street. Both of us were giggling and getting dizzy.

"Did someone spike her cider?" I heard Raab ask.

No. Nobody spiked anything I had drank tonight. This was part of my secret resolution.

I wanted to laugh more and cry less.
I wanted to smile and feel good about it.
I wanted to joke and giggle.

So it seemed fitting that my resolution would be...

To be happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
alright, readers, you know how i've been telling you to watch a certain episode of the show 'Flashpoint'? you'll see why in the next couple of chapters.