One of the Boys...Right?

Chapter 27

2 weeks later
*Bam*

To this day I wondered what Kelsey and Jess had discussed at the table, when Jess screeched so loud everyone heard it.

Jess and I never talked about the cemetery to anyone. It was now between her, Kelsey, and myself. The guys never asked about it or anything else that's happened. I feel kind of bad not telling them but I dont know if they could keep a heavy secret like that.

Chase's court hearing was in two days, and while Jess was slowly getting back into the natural routine at school and at home, she was scared out of her mind for the day when she had to stand in front of a bunch of strangers and tell what happened on that day. She was afraid of having to look Chase in the eye and watching him slide through court like he did for everything else. But even though we could see how nervous/scared she was, she refused to admit it, saying it was something she had to do.

And she dropped a bomb on us.

"I cant have you guys there." she declared at lunch.

"What?!" Dunn whined.

"You guys and Chase in the same room in such a small space is a combination I cant deal with in this situation. Kelsey's the only one coming because her parents are giving us a ride since aunt Kelly's car broke down." she explained. I tried to hide the fact that I was hurt. I knew about Jess' past and she wouldnt let me go?

"You especially, Bam. You and Chase having to sit that close? You would get arrested for beating the crap out of that kid. I'm doing this for you guys so you dont end up in jail for assault where I cant bail you out." she said firmly.

"But what about you and Chase? Will you be able to handle not killing him?" I looked up at her. She rested her elbows on my shoulders.

"I'm a big girl, Bam. I know my limits." she giggled.