One of the Boys...Right?

Chapter 28

*Jess*
-Saturday-

With a sigh, I woke up to snow falling heavily from a gray sky. Today would be the perfect day to hang out with my friends, go sledding, have a snowball fight, drink cocoa, fall asleep, and draw on the people who sleep heaviest. Instead, I had to spend today in court.

Ew.

I hadnt seen Chase since the incident at school, and I was perfectly happy with that. Now I had to see him. Seeing him would probably remind me of that day at school, which would remind me of how my parents died.

Shit.

That was why I didnt want any of my friends, except Kelsey, to be in the courtroom with me. I knew that if I let one tear fall while testifying, Bam would be all over Chase like the lionesses from the Lion King on the hyenas at the end of the movie. Bottom line: it would get ugly, fast.

I pulled on a pair of black pants and a teal long sleeve shirt over a white tank top. I left my hair down and put a black heart pendant around my neck and black stud earrings in my ears. After doing simple makeup, I kissed the top of Aleu's furry head, slipped into a pair of black flats, and walked down the stairs. Just as I reached the bottom, the doorbell rang. It was Kelsey and her parents.

"Have you seen my aunt?" I yawned.

"Did you check the rest of the house?" Kelsey handed me her mug of coffee. I smiled greatfully and drank it as aunt Kelly handed me my coat.

-Court-

"Do I have to do this?"

Kelsey and I were standing outside the room where aunt Kelly was talking to her lawyer.

"I dont know how I'll find the restraint to not kill Chase." I muttered. Chase was sitting confidentally in his chair in the massive courtroom.

"Easy. Cause I'll kill him first." Kelsey scowled.

"This is exactly why I didnt want Bam and the guys here." I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, girls." aunt Kelly left the room. Kelsey gave me a hug and slipped into the courtroom with the crowd of people who were filing in as well. I took a deep breath to give myself confidence. Nothing was going to go wrong. Chase was going to be found guilty. I wouldnt have to break up a fight. And then I could go home and get on with my life completely. I followed aunt Kelly down the hall toward the courtroom.

And then I saw Bam and his parents walk in.

Followed by Dunn, Dico, Raab, and Novak and their parents.

Oh...shit....