One of the Boys...Right?

Chapter 3

*Bam*

I slowly walked through the halls of the school during my free period, on my way to the front office to deliver some message because the PA system was broken. I passed the music room when I heard a familiar voice.

"So I have to get louder as I go into burn. When's it my turn? Wouldn't I love, love to explore that shore up above?" she was singing.

"Excellent!" a woman exclaimed. I looked in the window to see JJ standing by a piano.

"Where did you learn to sing?" the woman asked. I continued to listen.

"My shower." JJ laughed.

"Have you had any other practice with singing? Voice lessons? The radio in the car? Your friends?" the lady asked.

"Aside from my friend Kelsey, none of my guy friends know I sing." JJ admitted.

"Why not?" the woman sounded closer to the door, so I backed away.

"Because I've pretty much become 'one of the guys'. That would be like another reminder that I'm supposed to like shopping and texting constantly. And they would probably make fun of me for it...and because the last time I sang, it was at my parents' funeral when I was 8." she explained.

"Well, I think you should sing for them sometime. I'll see you next Tuesday, Jessica." the woman said. I ran a little way down the hallway and turned to make it look like I was walking by the door.

"You know, spying isn't good for you." JJ said after she left the class.

"Uh....what?" I asked stupidly.

"When you're trying to spy by looking in a window, you should make sure that you only show a little bit of you, not your entire face. And if you ever tell anyone about me singing, I'll put a boa constrictor in your bed while you're sleeping." she frowned.

"Is it true?" I asked.

"Is what true?" we started walking.

"About the last time you sang." I said.

"I have to go." JJ turned and walked in the direction I came from.
♠ ♠ ♠
poor JJ.