One of the Boys...Right?

Chapter 4

*Jess*

"Finally! What took so long, slowass?" Dico asked when I sat on the broken couch in Bam's living room.

"My aunt wanted to know how my first day was." I yawned.

"It sucks that you can't live with your parents." Raab announced.

Yes. I'd been lying to the guys since sixth grade. I told them my parents lost custody of me when I was five. Bam is the second friend who really knows what happened to them. I shot him a glare to keep him quiet, but he was staring at the floor.

"Can we light that apple on fire now?" Kelsey asked, saving me. I looked at her gratefully.

"Fire!!" Dico ran into the kitchen.

-5 minutes later-

"Well, light the bitch!" Ryan threw a book of matches at Bam.

"Oh no, he's not going anywhere near fire! He set his own hoodie on fire last time! Kelsey can do it!" I stole the matches and handed them to Kelsey. She struck one of them and held it up to the apple. The only thing that caught on fire was the stem.

"What if it burns all the way down to the bottom of the stem and explodes the apple?" I clapped my hands. The others looked from me to the apple stem, which was nearly burned.

"DUCK!" I yelled when the fire had reached the bottom of the stem. I was amazed to see the guys drop to the floor.Kelsey started laughing and fell off the kitchen stool she was sitting on and landed on Dico. The tiny flame died out, the apple still intact.

"You guys are idiots!" I spoke in between laughing. Bam pulled me to the floor and started tickling my sides.

"You actually thought the apple would explode!" I continued.

"Get her!" Dunn shouted as I jumped up and started running. I sprinted through the house and out the back door. The guys were still behind me.

"There's nowhere to hide!" Bam yelled gleefully. I glanced at the pool before flipping off of the diving board.

Under the water, I opened my eyes despite the chlorine and saw Bam swimming toward me. I smiled, flipped him off, and kicked to the surface.

"You realize you dont have any clothes here, right?" he asked. I shrugged. Suddenly, an apple landed next to me in the water...on fire.

"What the hell?" I dove away from it.

"You were right, Dico! Axe works great for setting an apple on fire!" Raab observed.

"That's cool, now come put it out!" Bam laughed as he helped me climb up the side of the pool.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't condone setting apples on fire! I also don't condone throwing apples into pools while they're on fire!