Status: Completed.

Double Twist of Fate

Walk

"So what are the plans again," I ask into the cell phone receiver. I'm talking to my best friend, Aubree, about what we're gonna do today.

"You walk to my house and we'll go to the park," she replies, sounding excited. I sigh.

"Bri, you know I can't do that."

"Oh my, God, Kay. You're letting him control your life."

"No, I'm not," I murmur defensively.

"Yes, you are! I mean, you're afraid to walk to my house because he's gonna ask you where you're going and then when you tell him, you think he's gonna offer to drive you here."

"He doesn't offer, Aubree. He tells me he's gonna drive me there, but then he takes me to some alley or a deserted building. You know what happens from there," I say as I feel a chill run up my spine at the end.

"Kylie, I'm being serious. You're paraoid to the extreme."

"Well, I have a right to be."

"Just please walk here. My mother won't let me leave the house unless I'm with someone." I sigh again.

"Fine, I'll be there in ten minutes." I snap my phone shut. God, I hate it when she makes up excuses like that. She's just too damn lazy to get off her ass. I really don't think she understands how dangerous it is for me to be alone with my step father, Rodney. I open my door and walk down the stairs, seeing him sitting at the dining table. My mother, Christina, is nowhere in sight. She's probably out buying crack or meth. As soon as I reach the bottom of the steps, Rodney looks up at me.

"Hey, princess," he says menacingly. I cringe slightly. "I was just thinking about you." I start walking to the front door, but his voice stops me. "Where do you think you're going?" I don't move.

"Aubree's house," I quietly say. A few seconds of silence follow. I hear him walk over to me and he stands right behind me. One of his hands rest on the left side of my hip. I take a slow, deep breath.

"Why do you wanna go to her house? We can have more fun here," he hisses in my ear.

"I'm always here, I wanna get out of the house." He chuckles.

"I can take you somewhere on the south side of town." My heart rate speeds up.

"No, that's fine," I whisper , my voice shaking.

"Aw, little Kylie is scared," he coaxes. "Come here, Daddy can make you feel better." I pull away from him.

"You're not my father," I say emotionlessly. I run out the front door and out onto the sidewalk. When I'm about a block away, I slow down and walk the rest of the way. Aubree lives only two or three blocks from me, so it takes about five minutes because I knew something would happen with Rodney. I reach her house and knock on her door. She walks out of her home and slams the front door shut behind her. She starts walking on the sidewalk, so I follow her.

"You said it'd only take you ten minutes," she says, staring straight ahead. I shove my hands in my jacket pockets.

"Sorry. How long did it take me," I ask as I walk beside her.

"Twelve minutes." I become confused.

"What's the big deal?" She stops and turns to me.

"I was worried sick! I didn't know why you were taking so long! I was really scared that Rodney got to you!" I wait a few seconds.

"That wouldn't have happened if you walked to my house," I say simply. Out of nowhere, Aubree embraces me in a tight hug.

"I am so sorry! I swear I'm never gonna endanger you like that again!" She pulls back a couple seconds later. "Did he do anything?"

"He just said stuff and offered to drive me to your house. Then he said he could drive me to south side." Aubree sighs.

"He's a sick bastard, Kylie. You know he's gonna get what he deserves soon." I stare forward as the park comes into view.

"I hope."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is one of my first attempts at original fiction. How is it?
Awesome story link -> Out For Blood: A Billie Joe Story.
It's great, definitely my best story.
Should I keep going with this or should I stop? Comment with what you think.
AND COMMENT AS A BIRTHDAY PRESENT! Seriously, I turn 14 tomorrow :D ... just saying.
Thanks to whoever reads this XD
<3 - Katelyn