Status: Completed.

Double Twist of Fate

Strangers

I continue walking to the park with Aubree by my side. We sit on a bench and look around at the people passing by us. Two people catch my attention.

"Bri," I say, watching the two men.

"Yeah," she asks, looking at me.

"Those guys are watching us," I murmur. She looks in the same direction I'm looking. They start walking toward us and my heart starts pounding.

"Oh my, God, Kay, they're gonna come take us and hurt us and...," Aubree trails off as she starts panicking.

"Calm down, Bri," I say, panicking a little myself. "Let's just go back to your house." I stand up and start walking as Aubree follows close behind. The guys are only a few yards away. I stare forward until one of the men stands next to me with his hand lightly grasping my shoulder.

"Hey, what's wrong," he asks softly as his hand drifts to the center of my back. I'm too scared to look up, but I'm too smart to answer him. I can slightly hear Aubree breathing. After a few seconds. the man sighs. "Come with us." He gently pushes me forward.

I'm guessing the other guy has Aubree since I can hear two people following us. I don't fight the man as he pushes me forward to a black car. I watch as the other guy opens the passenger door and pushes Aubree in and walks to the driver side of the car. The man behind me opens the back passenger door and nudges me to get in. I do so and he sits right next to me. I feel his arm slip around my shoulders and pull me a bit closer.

"Okay, here's the deal," the guy in the front says. His voice is calm, but he has a sarcastic edge to his tone. "I'm Chad, that's Jason. You probably already know what's gonna happen from here." Chad glances at Aubree. "What's your name?" Aubree takes a deep, shaky breath.

"Aubree," she says quietly. Chad grins.

"Sounds slutty, but I like that." He glances back at me. "What's your name, girl?" I don't say anything, so Jason squeezes my shoulder.

"What's your name," he murmurs in my ear. "Tell me, baby." A chill runs through my body.

"Kylie," I whisper, looking down. He shifts in his seat and tightens his arm's grip around my shoulders.

"What's her name," Chad asks. "I didn't hear her."

"Kylie," Jason repeats for me.

"Oh... that's a name I'd think a girl with major issues would have," Chad says. I swallow back the urge to laugh. The rest of the ride is silent. The car stops in front of an old abandoned house.

"Come on," Jason says as he opens the car door and slides out. He takes my hand and pulls me to his side. Chad gets out also and gets Aubree out. The men walk into the house and down the stairs into the basement. Chad takes Aubree through a door to the left as Jason takes me through a door to the right. Jason sits down on the edge of a whie bed that looks old and not clean.

"So let's talk," he says quietly as I stand about five feet away from him. I don't say anything. "What's your favourite colour?"

"Black," I say without thinking.

"Why," Jason asks with a kind smile. I shrug.

"It's dark." He looks down for a few seconds.

"Kylie, I know there's more of a reason why you like black," he says, looking back up at me. "I think you like the colour black because you have a dark past and you're too scared to tell anyone."

"How could you know that," I whisper.

"I can read people like books, and you're just another page." He stands up and walks over to me. I back away. He walks toward me until I back into the corner. "Come on, Kylie. I just wanna talk to you. I want to help you." I slowly shake my head, but I jump as I hear Aubree scream.

"Please don't hurt her! She's been through so much already! Just let her go! Please," she screams until I hear a loud smack.

"Shut up already," Chad yells, annoyed. Jason looks back at me.

"Tell me what you've been through," he says as he sits down on the floor a couple feet away from me. "I won't hurt you." I slide down the wall to the ground and pull my knees to my chest.

"Why would you care about anything I've been through," I ask.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is long. Is it good?
Check out my other stories, they're awesome.
Thanks.
<3 - Katelyn