Status: Completed.

Double Twist of Fate

Past

My breath catches in my throat as Jason leans toward me ever so slightly. He stops and watches me for a few seconds.

"Tell me what happened," he whispers. I don't do anything. He sighs. "Come on, just tell me, Kylie. Please." I don't know what possesses me, but I stand up and back up quickly until the back of my knees hit the bed. He looks over at me, shaking his head.

"Why are you so different from the other girls? From Aubree?" He walks over and stands in front of me. He moves closer and I fall so I'm sitting on the edge. He looks down menacingly at me. I move backward until my back hits the wall. I sit on the corner of the bed (which is also the corner of the room, but he sits down, too.

"Please, Kay," he pleads.

"How'd you know that's my nickname," I demand with much more fear in my voice than I was hoping for.

"I heard Aubree say it," he says. I stare at him for about a minute, until everything comes pouring out.

"My stepfather abuses me and my mother is a drug addict." Shit, why did I just tell him that?

"Abuses you how?" I look down as I pull my knees closer to my chest.

"He rapes me a-and hits me." Tears form and streak my cheeks. I wipe them away, forcing me to take my eyes off of Jason for a split second. In that time that I wasn't looking at him, he moved closer and wrapped his arms around me in a comforting way. I cry into his shoulder, not caring that he abducted me. All I care about is that he got me away from the hell I call my life.

***Jason's POV***

I let Kylie cry into my shirt, originally thinking it'd be a good way to get her to trust me. As I sit here, I realize that might not be my only reason. I think I might be falling for her.

Twenty minutes later, she leans back and takes a deep, shaky breath. I clear my throat.

"Are you scared," I ask softly. She instantly turns her gaze to me, but she doesn't answer right away.

"Yes," she murmurs. I kiss her forehead, feeling her tense up under my grip, and stand up.

"Jason," she asks, looking down again. I kneel down next to the bed.

"What is it, babe," I whisper, absentmindedly stroking her arm with the tips of my fingers.

"Can you promise me something?" I stop. She takes that as a sign to continue with what she is going to say. "Promise me... you won't hurt me." I stand up, but her blue eyes stop me. I ignore that frightened look in them and walk to the door that leads to the middle room.

"Jason," she says, more demanding this time. I hesitate, but I open the door and walk into the room. "Jason," she screams, knowing I couldn't give her an answer. I shut it and slide down to the floor, feeling tears come to my eyes.

It kills me to know that I can't promise her I won't hurt her in some way.
♠ ♠ ♠
More of a filler, in my opinion...
Comment, my lovely readers and subscribers :)
<3 - Katelyn