Status: Alli's gone all amish and given up technology basically. Hana has a job and is in all smart classes this year. We write when we can.

I Wanna Live a Life From a New Perspective

I feel the salty waves come in

(Brendon)

“I love you, Jess.”

“I love you, Brendon.”

---

Well I guess I should explain how we got there.

It all started one day when I needed a break from the guys.

So I went on a walk around this park close to the venue we were playing at that night.

I began to walk to around, noticing all the people. And I was glad no one had noticed me yet.
See, I’m in this band. And, not to sound cocky or anything, but I’ve gotten noticed a couple hundred times.

But, this was back when the band was smaller, the only people who knew about us were the people who were big fans.

I was glad to be by myself for more than five seconds.

The quiet was nice.

As I turned the corner, that’s when it happened.

In the middle of this beautiful park, I saw the saddest thing.

The prettiest girl I had ever seen was sobbing on a park bench with bags sitting all around her on the ground.

And from the instant I saw her I knew that this was the girl that would change my life.

I ran over to her and sat down next to her.

“Why is a pretty girl like you crying?” I said in my nicest voice, not wanting to scare her.

“Listen, I just got my heart broken, the last thing I need is some creep…”She stopped when she looked up at me.

“Some creep what?”

“Nothing, just never mind. I’m Jess, and you are?”

“Some creep, but my friends call me Brendon.” I said shaking her hand. She quickly pulled me into a hug.

“I don’t do handshakes, Brendon; I do hugs.”

I laughed a little.

“So you just got your heart broken?” I said pulling away

“What? Is it that obvious or something?” She said sarcastically.

“Well, not really. But you kind of just said it.”

“Oh yeah, right. There was just this thing with my ex and this thing. And I ended leaving him without realizing I had nowhere to go. And I don’t really want to talk about it.” She said staring at her hands the whole time.

“Yeah, I’ve had my fair share of exes.”

“So, Brendon, um, what are you doing here in this lovely park?”

“Um, well, I just needed to take a walk from things for awhile; you know, cool off before I punch someone or something.”

“Yeah, I know what that feels like.”

I heard a thunderclap.

“I think maybe we should go somewhere with a little more ceiling before it starts to rain.” I said picking up one of her bigger bags.

“Okay, sure. Where do you suggest we go?” She said taking another one of her bags.

“There’s a coffee shop across the street from the entrance of the park. We’ll go there, have some coffee or whatever, and then talk about where you’re going to be staying for the next 2 to 3 months.” I said beginning to walk to the coffee shop

“Only the next 2 to 3 months?”

“Well, you see, I’m on tour with my band. And the tour ends in 2 to 3 months.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah, depending on how well we do here, we might go overseas and tour there for awhile.”

“Cool, but why would you want to know what I’m doing during that time?”

“Like, I said, we’ll talk about that after coffee. Before we talk about that, I want to get to know you.”

“Good, I want to get to know you too.”

And with that, she grabbed my hand. I felt chill run down my spine and suddenly my stomach began to feel weird.

We began to walk across the street.

We walked into the coffee shop and sat down, putting the bags around us.

Some waitress came over and asked us what we wanted; we both got hot chocolate and cookies.

“So Brendon, you mentioned that you’re in a band. What band would that be?”

“Um, well you probably haven’t heard of us, Panic! at the Disco.”

“Oh yeah! I’ve heard of you guys. I’m a fan, I bought the album. I guess I’m just not a big enough fan to know all the members and what they look like.”

“Oh, really?”

“Yeah, I mean, I know my little sister is obsessed with you guys. But she thinks Jon’s all the rage. I’ve only seen the pictures a couple of times.”

I laughed a little. “Ok, now my turn for a question.”

“What is this 20 questions?”

“Well, 10 questions, cause I’m gonna have to get back before they send out a search party. But yes, I just decided.”

“Okay, ask your question?”

“Where did you grow up?”

“Here, in the great town Tampa, Florida. I’ve never lived anywhere else. Now for my question. Why did you start a band?”

“Well, I didn’t started it, but I joined and I guess the reason why was because I couldn’t see myself doing anything else. How old are you?”

“I’m 19. You?”

“Samezy”

She started laughing

I noticed her smile and couldn’t help but smile myself.

“Alright, how big is your family?”

“Um…well actually, it’s just me and my sister, my parents split up when we were younger. What about you?”

“I have a huge Mormon family. I have two brothers and two sisters. What do you want to be when you grow up?”

“Well, I always wanted to be a singer somebody or something,” I saw her face light up talking about it, “but then when I finished high school, I needed a job. I started working at a law firm as a secretary, because it paid good money. But recently I quit.”

“Why?”

“Hey, I get to ask you a question before you ask another one.”

“Okay, okay, ask your question?”

“What’s it like having your dreams come true?”

“Oh, you mean being a band and stuff. Well, it’s the coolest thing. But at the same time, not all my dreams have come true. I’ve never had a good relationship because of the band and I miss my family all the time. So it has it goods and bads, but sometimes one outweighs the other.”

With that our drinks and cookies came.

After I took a sip of my hot chocolate I asked her another question.

“So why did you quit your job?”

“My ex-boyfriend was my boss.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah, and when your ex is your boss, it’s either you quit soon or they fire you.”

She looked sad; I guess the whole talking about her ex thing. I she took another sip and looked at me with a smile.

“So, who is your favorite artist, like ever?”

“Umm…wow, that’s a tough one, but I’d probably have to say Queen or the Beatles. Because Freddie Mercury is God and then it’s like the Beatles. What about you?”

“I like the Beatles, I like Elton John a lot, I love the Smiths, My Chemical Romance is pretty high up there, and of course Blink.”

“Wow.”

“What?”

“That’s like the best answer ever.”

She smiled.

“I believe it’s my turn now. Boxer or briefs?”

I cough on my coffee a little, from laughing.

She noticed and began to giggle.

“I wear boxers.” I said proudly.

“Good.” she said in a mocking voice.

“So, Converse or Vans?”

“That’s a tough one, but I’m gonna have to say Converse cause they’re just more comfy to me. But I only wear low tops; high tops are just too much work for me.”

“I understand what you mean, but I still love them.”

“Yeah, I can see” She said motioning towards my old high tops tied to my feet.

“So, you mentioned that your family was Mormon, are you still?”

“Well kind of. I mean, technically I am. For my parents I am, but I really don’t believe in that stuff. Right now, my only God is music. It’s the only thing that’s lead me to happiness in my whole life.” The time I was talking about my religion, I had been staring at my hands. When I looked up, I saw Jess staring at me. I just smiled at her.

“Jess, do you want to come on tour with me?”

“What?”

“I know you don’t have a job and you left your boyfriend, so I assume you don’t have a place to stay, based off the amount of luggage you have with you. And I really like you. So please?”
♠ ♠ ♠
first chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wooohoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i feel like i finished a marathon or some!!
if anything's crappy Alli'll will be fixing it shortly!!!
next chapter should be written faster.
and the torch passes to Alli
oooo today (well it's 2 in the morning, so technically yesterday) is/was Ryan Ross' 23 birthday. Thought I'd mention that on behlaf of Alli.
(that's our favorite picture of Ryan by the way)
title credit- Creep Radiohead(one of the best songs ever)

----

1-23-10

It's ALLI! I'm stalking Hana via Author's Notes. :p

Dude, I just have to say, I just re-looked at that picture and the exact thought that popped into my head was 'Nrghh, ungh, HIS LIPS!' Yeah, that's about as coherent as I get when Ryan Ross is on the computer screen...I may have drooled a bit, too.

I LOVE YOU, HANA!