I Don't Believe In Fairytales

High Hopes

I glared at the driver of the car, hoping that me looking at him all evil would actually kill him. I wanted him dead. I didn't see why he was such an asshole to me.

All I wanted to do was go on a lunch date with a guy that was actually interested in me. It was a guy who was genuinely nice to me. He smiled at me because he liked my company, not because he just played a stupid prank on me.

I huffed loudly, hoping I would annoy Brian. I just wanted him to drop me off at the coffee shop, where the doctor, Patrick, would be waiting for me. He was such a pretty doctor too.

I sighed.

This was taking forever. I didn't see why Brian would do this to me. Then again, he was Brian. He just hated it, whenever I was happy. All I had to do was smile, and he'd come and ruin everything for me.

"Jen, I don't see why you're not happy. You get to hang out with me. Aren't you happy? Do you not like me?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes.

"I thought I made it very clear to you, when we were at my apartment. I'd much rather be at a coffee shop talking to a doctor than be here sitting in your car, yelling at you because you're a fucking dick!" I yelled.

I glared at him. All Brian did was give me a small smile, making me glare at him even harder.

"Don't do that, Jennifer. You'll get wrinkles. No man will want a thirty year old with wrinkles fit for a ninety year old man's ass." he said playfully.

"You don't fucking get it, Brian! I don't want to be in your car with you, making casual jokes about old men's asses. I want to be somewhere else," I huffed out.

Brian stopped the car at a sidewalk. He put his head down on the steering wheel, and I could hear him mumbling.

He liked talking out loud. I always saw him talking quietly to himself, when he needed to say something more educated.

He lifted his head up slowly, and he flashed me a big smile. I groaned. He had something up his sleeve. I didn't like the look he had on his face.

"Jen, look I'm genuinely sorry. I'm sorry that I'm making you miss your so-called special lunch date with some prick. I just wanted to have a day with you. Is that so wrong? I just wanted to be around you," he said.

I could literally feel my heart melting.

"I just wanna have a good time with you. We can go out and get lunch. We can even get coffee together. I really wanna go to the mall. What do you say? Are you gonna deny me a day of fun?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes.

Why the hell was he sweet, when he wanted to be?

"Whatever we can do some things," I mumbled.

Brian shuffled his feet in his seat and started the car again.

What the hell did I just do?

**

"Oh hell no I am not doing this!" I yelled. "C'mon, it'll be fun. You need to loosen up, Jen." Brian said happily.

He was currently dragging me into a Victoria's Secret store. He was insisting that I try on some underwear for him. This man was fucking crazy, if he thought I'd do that for him.

Brian released his grip on me, causing me to fall on the ground with a thump. I glared at him, while he laughed at me.

"I'm sorry, Jen. I thought you had a bit more balance than that," he apologized. I rolled my eyes as I stood up.

"Since I made you fall on your ass, I'll let you get away with this just this once. No Victoria's Secret for you. Next time though," he said winking.

Brian turned around and started walking without me.

I bit down on my lip. I wasn't sure why Brian was doing this all to me. It no longer seemed like he was just trying to get me out of my lunch date with Patrick. It seemed like he actually wanted to be around me. It was an odd thing.

He tried dragging me into Victoria's Secret store and make me try on things for him. What the hell was that? He wasn't supposed to think of me like that in any way. He was supposed to hate my guts like he did for most of the time we knew each other.

I obviously thought he was a gorgeous man. I couldn't deny him that. I wasn't sure if I loved his personality though. I did like that he was a confident man. He was always there for the guys. He was a good friend.

He was just a never good boyfriend to any of his girlfriends. He was actually a terrible boyfriend to all of his girlfriends. I never knew one to not hate him by the end of their relationship.

Brian turned around and sighed deeply.

"Jennifer, you are one slow camper. Walk faster," he said walking back towards me.

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going slow because I don't wanna be seen with your ugly mug," I mumbled walking passed him.

I wished he was an ugly man. I probably wouldn't have developed an infatuation with him in high school, if he was an ugly bully to me. I was probably stuck in the playground rules. If a boy makes fun of you, it means he likes you.

I was scared, when I felt Brian grab my wrist.

"You're going in the wrong direction now, girl." He mumbled, pulling me with him.

I groaned, not sure where he decided to drag me next.

I sighed, seeing it was just Forever 21. That didn't sound like a bad place at all. He couldn't find anything bad there, right? It was just a normal store. Well it was normal enough for me at least to not trust him.

"Where are the swimsuits?" Brian asked happily. "Oh no! I am not trying on anything for you, you sick bastard!" I yelled.

Brian continued dragging me through the store, while he scanned the place.

"Oh, there they are!" Brian said happily.

I tried getting out of his grip, but sadly he actually worked out.

He stopped at the bathing suits.

"Jen, if you do this for me, I'll buy you anything you want today." Brian said with a smile on his lips.

I rolled my eyes.

"I don't want anything from you though, Brian. Whatever I want, I can provide for myself. I have money too. I'm not as rich as you, sure, but I can provide for myself." I said.

"Jen, can you just try one on? I promise to play nice afterwards. Look, I'll even try on something for you. I just want this one thing," he begged.

"Brian, why do you even want this? I don't understand why you want to see me almost naked. It doesn't make any sense," I argued.

Brian bit down on his bottom lip, one of the few signs I knew that meant he was nervous.

"You know what? You're right. It doesn't make any sense. Let me just pick an outfit for you. I can pick out a dress for you. Is that better?" He asked.

I shrugged.

It was better than trying on a swimsuit for him. A dress would be okay, even if I disliked them a little.

"Fine, you can pick a dress out. If I don't like it, I won't try it on. Is that good with you?" I asked. "Fine, but I know you'll like it. I have amazing taste," he said confidently.

I rolled my eyes. He was such a cocky bastard.

"Now you have to go on the other side of the place," Brian said. "Why?" I asked. "I don't want you seeing what I'm looking at. Go look at something and entertain yourself, girl." He mumbled.

I didn't get this man. He was nice to me for a while, and then he'd go back to being an ass.

I walked to the other side of the store, hoping that maybe he would pick out something nice. Brian did have some of the better tastes than the rest of the guys.

I stared at some of the necklaces they had, but I wasn't too interested in them honestly. I hated shopping, which made me a bit more susceptible to being whiny on such an adventure.

I jumped, when someone poked my side. It was Brian.

He was holding a white lace dress with a black belt around the waist. It was actually pretty decent-looking. I just wasn't sure it'd look good on me.

"Do you like it?" He asked smiling. "It's okay, I guess." I mumbled.

His smile got even bigger.

"That means you do like it. Now go try it on. I wanna see how pretty you can get," he said happily.

I frowned. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to take that as a compliment or an insult.

I took the dress from him and walked over to the dressing rooms. I cursed myself for even letting this happen.

I was probably going to look disgusting and make Brian laugh right at my face. He'd probably expect more than I was even able to look like. I wasn't all that pretty, and I knew it. He knew it. Everyone knew it.

I shook my head slowly but changed into the dress anyways.

I looked in the mirror and smiled. It actually didn't look all that awful on me. I kind of liked it actually. My smile grew on my face.

"Are you done yet, princess?" I heard Brian yell.

I stepped out of my little room, and Brian was there with a smile on his face. It looked like a genuine smile too.

"Oh, you look pretty good, Sullivan. That's that, we're buying it for you. You have to have at least one nice-looking dress, even if it's just a casual one." Brian said.

"You don't have to, Brian. I don't need a dress really," I explained. Brian waved his finger at me quickly, making me shut up.

"Nonsense, Jen. You look stunning. If I don't buy it for you, no one'll believe me that you can look half way decent," he said laughing.

I glared at him. He was such an ass.

"Just leave it on; we'll just rip the tag off afterwards." Brian said.

Brian bought the damn dress, even against me telling him not to. He insisted.

**

"I love ice cream so much," Brian said licking some off of his cone.

I smiled. I guessed that this is what I liked about him. He could be a bit childish, but sometimes that was the cutest thing a man could be.

"I like vanilla too though," Brian said, staring at my ice cream cone. I glared at him. I knew what he had in his head.

"Don't even th-!" I yelled.

It was too late though. Brian already licked some of my ice cream up.

I frowned. I did not want Brian's spit on my ice cream.

"Don't act like you don't want me in you." Brian said winking. I glared at him.

What was his problem?

"Jen, don't be so stuck up. I'm sorry. I'll buy you a new one, if it's that big of a deal." He said. "No, it's not that big of a deal. It's fine. I'm good," I mumbled.

He did seem concerned with my feelings.

He randomly jumped up, causing me to look at him strangely.

"I think your phone just bit my ass," he mumbled. "What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

Brian pulled my phone out of his back pocket, causing me to glare at him yet again.

"You fucking took my phone?" I asked angrily. He smiled softly.

"I didn't want you getting distracted on our outing. I just wanted to make sure that you were paying attention to just me, so I took your phone. It hasn't rung or vibrated until just now, so you shouldn't worry," he said quickly.

I rolled my eyes and held out my hand. He handed me my phone.

I flipped it open and saw a that I had two text messages. I quickly looked through both. I frowned slightly.

"Looks like I should thank you for taking me out. Patrick wasn't able to make it. He said something got in the way, but he told me four hours after we were supposed to meet," I mumbled.

"Fuck him. He's obviously a prick. I can just take you out on these little outings." Brian said smiling.

I bit down on my lip. Was Brian sort of asking me out? Or was I crazy?

"Next time we can even bring the rest of the guys. Everyone'll have fun. We can go bowling or something. I'll help you find a date," he said.

My dreams just got crushed.

"Y-yeah, that sounds like fun." I mumbled. Brian just smiled back at me.

I let my hopes get too high again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Syn finally got his update. I hope you guys comment. :)