I Don't Believe In Fairytales

We Were So Good

I sighed deeply as I grabbed another beer.

Who knew that Jimmy knew exactly where he was headed? I mean, we were in Orlando! I didn't even know anyone over here.

Turns out he was just headed towards his 'friend's' strip club. I didn't volunteer to stay. I wasn't really into other chicks.

Besides, I didn't want to be the person to tell Alyssa that her boyfriend was at a strip club. Wait, I was still gonna be the person who was going to tell her, wasn't I?

I slowly sipped my beer, while I listened to everyone speaking loudly. Zacky was yelling at some chick for trying to steal his wallet. Really, where was his girlfriend? Where were any of the girlfriends?

Some of the roadies were laughing loudly at each other's old stories. Brian was too busy making out with some random girl to actually say anything at the moment.

Of course, I ended up laying down on the ground, drinking by myself. It usually ended up like this. I never really got drunk though. I always liked a small buzz though.

"God, I am so stupid," I whispered. "Yes, you are."

God, why was he bothering me now? Wasn't he suppose to be sucking face with that girl? Wasn't he suppose to be dragging her into the bus to go have some dirty sex that we would all hear?

"Brian, could you just leave me alone?" I muttered. He chuckled slightly, and he sat down next to me.

"You know, Jen, you can act like a girl for once." He said. I shrugged. I didn't want to act like a girl. I didn't want to flip my hair. I didn't want to put endless amount of make up on my face. I didn't want to put a short dress on. I didn't want high heels on my feet.

I liked being me. I liked that I haven't worn a dress since prom night. I liked that I've never worn high heels except to try them on. Of course, I'd nearly break my ankles doing so. I liked that I had no clue what half of make up was actually used for. I liked me.

"Brian, please don't do this tonight. I really don't want to ruin my buzz at the moment," I whispered. He chuckled some more. "You know, you're really one of the guys." He said softly.

That was one of the downsides of being me. I was just one of the guys. No guy ever took me seriously. They just looked at me like a friend, like I was something undatable, unkissable. Just ask my prom date. He never tried one move on me.

"Gee, thanks, Brian." I said sarcastically. He just shrugged.

"You know, I've known you since high school, and I have yet to see you have a boyfriend." Brian said.

Why was he choosing now to get to know me? I've known him since my sophomore year in high school, and so far he's managed to insult me the whole time. Why the sudden change?

"Thanks for reminding me," I muttered. It was silent. "You know, you probably never had one because how you are and how you dress." I shrugged. If those were the reasons, I was completely happy with them. Like I said, I liked me.

"Brian, you're probably a man whore because you're famous," I said. He looked at me, offended. "You know I'm hot," he said quickly. I rolled my eyes.

Yes, you're incredibly beautiful. Who wouldn't know that? Too bad you're way too conceited, and you have the personality of a complete asshole. It's really such a waste of your good looks.

"Whatever, Jen. Not even you can say I'm ugly because I'm not. I know I'm hot, you know I'm hot. Everyone knows it." He said. I rolled my eyes again. It's all I seemed to do around Brian. I was in love with him?

"Brian, if only you weren't so damn conceited, you damn haughty asshole."

I smiled happily. I knew that voice.

"Michelle!" I screamed. I jumped up, and I gave her a big hug.

She looked great. How much I loved this woman would never be expressed into words.

She hugged me back tightly.

"I love you too, Jen." She said. I could hear Brian groaning. I understood why. We were the only two women that seemed to be unaffected by his looks. Well, besides any of the other guys's girlfriends. But they all had their own guys.

We let go of each other, and I saw Michelle glaring at Brian.

Sure, they dated, but they did break up. Mostly because of Brian's damn ass. He cheated on her... multiple times.

"Brian, you honestly need to get over yourself. You're not that hot," Michelle said. Brian scoffed loudly. "I beg to differ. Who hit on who first?" He asked. Michelle rolled her eyes.

Unfortunately, even I knew the answer to that question.

"That's right. Big ol' tough Michelle hit on not so hot Synyster Gates," Brian teased.

"That's because I actually thought there was something behind the looks. Too bad there wasn't."

I just wanted to slink quietly away. Even though I was on Michelle's side, secretly I wanted to back Brian up. He was an asshole, but I couldn't help but have the wanting to help him out. I wanted to say he did have some personality. Of course, he didn't though.

They continued bickering, and I did end up slinking away. I slunk back into the tour bus. I silently hoped that Johnny had woken up by now. I needed his company right now. I was also hoping that Matt wasn't shagging Angela right now. That would be really uncomfortable for me to walk on in... again.

Lucky for me, they were both quietly asleep. Well, Angela was quiet. Matt was snoring pretty damn loud actually. I had no clue how Angela was able to sleep through it.

I quickly ran over to Johnny's bunk. I sighed loudly. Damn it to hell! He was still sleeping, and I was bored out of my skull.

"Just get in."

I smiled happily. Johnny was awake. He slowly opened his eyes.

"I'm not getting up, so you better climb in." He said. I nodded happily. I climbed into bed with him, and he wrapped his arms around me. Johnny was such a good guy to me. Why couldn't we have worked out? We were so good together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?