I Don't Believe In Fairytales

Saturday Afternoon

I groaned. I was not having the time of my life.

Today was the third day that I've been forced to stay at my brother's house. He was going way over board with the protective brother role now.

Jimmy told me that I had to stay in bed until noon came along each day. He would have me eat breakfast in bed everyday.

Now that might not sound too bad, but it was. I was used to waking up six o'clock everyday, considering I had to get everything ready for the guys normally. Plus Jimmy's cooking wasn't gourmet at all. He nearly burnt everything!

I was laying down on the bed. It was ten, and I wanted nothing more than to leave this room.

Of course, Jimmy wouldn't allow it. He was in the living room, just waiting for me to try to escape. I felt like he was my dad or something now.

I bit down my lip.

"Well, at least he gave me Cd's," I muttered.

I quickly went through the Cd's again. I didn't want anything that had any of the guys singing or playing. I heard them screaming enough, especially Jimmy.

I found a CD that just simply said, "Never let Matt see."

I shrugged, and I popped it into the stereo.

I waited a few seconds, and a familiar sound came through the speakers. I smiled.

Now I knew why Matt wasn't allowed to see this CD. Now I just wished that he was here. I seriously needed someone to sing Ken's part.

"Hi, Barbie!" the speakers sang out. I smiled.

"Hi, Ken!" I yelled as I possibly could. "You wanna go for a ride?" the speakers asked.

"Sure, Ken!" I yelled ever louder.

I was really just hoping that Jimmy would get annoyed with me, and he would let me go to Matt's house or something at least.

"I'm a Barbie girl in a Barbie world. Life in plastic, it's fantastic!" I screamed.

I heard someone stopping up the stairs. I smirked.

The door swung open, and it was not who I expected.

"Dress me up, take your time, I'm your Dollie," Matt sang.

I pretty much died inside. You have not seen funny until you've seen a man of Matt's stature singing along to "Barbie Girl".

We ended up singing it a couple hundred times, and we were now on the floor, laughing.

"Oh, I'm having so much fun," I sang. "Well, Barbie, we're just getting started," Matt yelled.

"Oh, I love you, Ken!"

This was one way to spend your Saturday afternoon, I guess.
♠ ♠ ♠
I gave you a really short chapter that had absolutely nothing to do with the story really, but I really wanted to write a story that had Matt singing along to that song. Comment?