Status: Active. Feedback is appreciated!

Confessions of a Hollywood Celebrity

The Press and the Tabloids

The article, I noticed, was dated 2 years ago.

What I read...was very shocking...

Almeida recounts a particularly nasty scene between Lindsay and dad Michael to In Touch. When Lindsay was 16, Michael freaked out while driving, “slammed on the brakes and dragged her out of the car, pushed her up against the hood, screamed at her and called her a slut. This was on the Long Island Expressway! I got in the middle of it and pulled him off.” According to the former guard, Dina would often let her daughter booze it up — and hang out with boys unsupervised. When she was 15 her mother allowed her to spend the night in a hotel room with then-boyfriend Aaron Carter. “They knew Lindsay was sleeping in Aaron’s room. But they seemed happy she had chosen somebody who could benefit her singing career.”

I couldn't believe it. I just couldn't.

"Lindsay," I said, putting the paper aside, "how could they do this to you? Tell lies about you? Make you look bad?"

"I don't know. That's just how they are," she replied.

I believed her, as I was her friend, and we had made a promise to stick together and always be there for each other, no matter what.

Of course the "sticking together" part, when it came to the paparazzi, was tested quite often. But we always made it through.

After all, dealing with the press was something we had in common. But we each had our own way of dealing with it.

I would wear sunglasses and a robe that fit me perfectly, and often sneak past the press, which often worked, and Lindsay would wear a hat to hide her face. We both did a good job of telling each other beforehand about what disguises we were going to use.

We talked for a while. Then, after a warm sisterly hug, Lindsay told me she had to head home and get some rest, but she would see me the next day.

I agreed. A few minutes after Lindsay left, I pulled out my notebook and began writing in it. I had found the notebook once at a bookstore where they were giving the books away, for free. So I picked it out and kept it with me ever since. Once when Lindsay saw me writing in it, she politely asked me if she could read what I was writing after I was done. I said yes, and after I was done I showed her the notebook, and we both had a good laugh over the funny poems I had written.

Of course, we kept it strictly secret and very private. After all, friends share secrets, and Lindsay and I are no exception.

The press and tabloids are so MEAN sometimes! I don't get why they become so vulture-like and try hunting the celebs down so much. Maybe they need the money. Maybe they just need a good story.

I don't care what their reasons are. What they're doing is an INVASION OF PRIVACY!

It's so completely and totally unfair!

In other words, media can be disgusting, sick and wrong!

But I guess that's how they make their living.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Got comments?