Status: It's short =[. Check out sequel!

All I Ask of You

Just Might Make Me Believe.

Image

"Ow, ow, ow!" I hopped around on one foot, as I had the other in my hands. I stepped on something, which obviously hurt. "I hate you, Amber!" I shouted, as I sat down on the couch.

"Why?" She said, appearing in the living room. I glared at her.

"Because your house is always a mess! I've must of stepped on ten different things already, my feet can't take the beating anymore!" I whined, as I rubbed the bottom of my foot. "I've tripped over plenty pairs of shoes. Do you want me to, like, die?" I muttered.

"Yes," She said laughing. I glared at her, "Oh Evie, stop it. You're fine."

"I am so cleaning this house, another day and I won't fucking survive!" I stood up and started to walk to the extra room in her house, that now officially belonged to me and was the safest room in this house. "Go out or something, I work better when no one's watching." I wonder what Matt's house looks like now since I've been gone for five weeks.

Like a tornado went through it.

Speaking of him, I haven't heard from him. But you know what? I don't care. I love Matt, dearly, but I'm just going to let him go. Now I understand what everyone was talking about. He doesn't care, and won't for the longest time. I've been wasting my time on him. I could be engaged by now.

"I am leaving," She said, grinning, "I'm going to Brian's." I stared at her, but the twinkle in her eyes didn't fade. "We're going on a date," She announced, "A real date, can you believe this, Evie? Brian Haner is taking me out!" She danced around the living room. I despised her, because if I were doing that, I would have had cut my feet open twenty times million.

But she just avoids everything on the floor.

Dude, what the fuck!

"Have fun!" I said, already getting annoyed about the fact that I could be cleaning now. I pushed her towards the door, and she pouted.

"Evie, don't you love me?" She said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Which is why I'm cleaning your house. Also, Aidan's coming over with Felicity." I've taken so much liking to that little angel. She was just so cute and funny, and it made me want to have one just like her. She had that much on me.

"Aw, look at you!" She gushed, "You've got stars in your eyes!" I rolled them, and pushed her out the door, throwing her keys at her also. "Bye, hoe!" She shouted, as she ran to her car. I laughed and shut the door, turning back. I sighed and looked at the time.

Five hours until he gets here. Which means, I have to clean as much as possible and start dinner.

I turned on her music box and All I Want To Do was playing on the radio. I grinned and moved my body to the catchy beat, as I began picking up the random shit on her floor.

I started to sing along with Sugarland, "I got my whole life to change the world and climb the ladders," I grinned and moved my hips randomly, just like Jennifer Nettles does in the music video.

But I shook my head, wasting time dancing.

--

The doorbell sounded through my ears, and I grinned wiping my hands on my towel that was resting on my shoulder. I walked towards the CD player to turn it down a little, and went to the door.

When I opened it, I was greeted with a grinning Felicity. Her hair was pulled back into two elastics, that were so uneven I laughed. "Aw, did Daddy do this to you?" I said, grinning up at Aidan. He pouted, as I opened my arms and she jumped into them.

"Yes." She pouted, "Can you fix it, Evie?" She asked, her blue eyes pleading.

"Sure thing, sugar." She grinned and I set her down, "Aidan," I started, but his arms wrapped around my waist in a hug. I sighed as his touch sent heat through out my entire body.

"Hey," He said into my ear, and I grinned turning around and wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Hey." We grinned at each other, and as he let go, wherever he touched tingled on my body. "Can you keep and eye on the pasta that's on the table, Aidan?" I asked, grabbing Felicity's hand and leading her to the bathroom I had recently scrubbed. He nodded, and walked towards the living room.

When we reached the bathroom, I took the purple elastics out easily, which she didn't cry out in pain, and brushed her hair.

Then I started to french braid her hair, leaving the curly cues out. When I finished, I let her look in the mirror behind her and she squealed.

"It's so pretty!" She said, turning around and jumping at me. I laughed as she kissed my cheek. "Thank you, Evie." I smiled.

"Anytime, sweetie." I let her down, as she ran to her father to show him her braids. He appraised her by going 'Look at you, aren't you pretty.' I grinned.

I wish I had a man like that.

"Evie!" He said, "I think the noodles are done. What are you m--Oh, Fecia's favorite!" He said, as he grinned back at me. I reached the island, and was now pulling out the strainer to strain the noodles.

"I don't forget a lot, Aidan." I laughed as he smelled the sauce and meat balls. "Home made recipe from my great grandmother."

"It smells delicious." He said, turning off the flame for both pots.

"Go sit down in the dining room, I'll come out with the food and bread, kay?" He nodded as he scooted Felicity towards the table. But before so, he grabbed my hand and turned me towards him.

And placed a kiss on my lips that left me wanting more. And it was just a peck. But it felt like it was fire, because it burned everywhere.

"Thank you, Evie." He grinned at me, before following his daughter. I sighed and smiled as I drained out the pot of Angel Hair noddles.

--

Felicity was passed out on the couch, as Aidan and I sat on the floor. Well, he was laying down, his hand propping he head up as his elbow rested on the blue carpet. The house was lit by candles, which was just the right lighting. He was sipping on his red wine, and I was sipping on white.

It was almost midnight.

"So, how's everything?" He said as he looked up at me. The candle in front of us lit up his figure, showing the out lining of his body. Just at his gaze, I felt heat take over and I felt warmer.

"Good, I guess. He still isn't talking to me. But I figured that it's probably for the best, you know?" He sighed and sat up. "I mean, maybe I was blind to see it. We just weren't right for each other." I played around with the loose strings on the carpet. Aidan placed his hands on my knee's softly, and I gazed up at him.

You have no idea what it took for me not to kiss him right there. Because his eyes had held so much emotion, so much that it invited me in.

But it wasn't me who cupped my face in those warm, soft hands and place those warm and delicious lips over mine.

That was him completely.

I only kissed back.

It started to get a little heated, until I pulled back. "Your daughter," I said breathlessly, "In on that couch with perfect viewing." I said. He laughed and pecked my lips once more before pulling away.

"Thank you," He whispered softly, "For cooking that wonderful dinner for us and helping me get her to sleep. God I could never do what you did in a million years. You're so good at it." I smiled and stood up.

"You're welcome," I put my hand out for him to take, and he stood up with a yawn.

"I better get going." He said, but I protested. I was not having him leave, even though he had only two cups of wine, while he had anything of the lines of alcohol in his system, and felt like passing out any second.

"You can crash here. We have an extra room, you and Felicity can sleep there."

"I can-,"

"I'll explain to Mellisa. I'm sure she'd be grateful." I walked towards the couch to lift her up softly and quietly. When she was in my arms, her head resting on my shoulder, I started to walk to the extra bedroom.

"At least let me take her, Evie." He whispered, and I shook my head.

"It's fine." I reached the door, and he opened it for me. He pulled back the covers on the bed, and I put her in the bed. It was small, a lot smaller than mine, but he could squeeze in. "You know where the bathroom is, if you need anything don't be afraid to wake me. I'll leave a note stating you're here. That way she knows not to walk around in just her bra." I laughed softly, "But she probably won't be here until tomorrow morning or something." I silently prayed she didn't get into any shit.

"Thank you," He said, placing his lips to my forehead, I smiled tiredly.

"Anytime," I walked out of the room and towards mine.I undressed, and slipped on my shorts and tank top. I climbed into bed and snuggled into my blankets with a smile.

Just as I was about to fall asleep, there was a soft knock on my door and I said 'Come in,' and the door opened the reveal Aidan in just boxers. "She took up the entire bed," I laughed and scooted over so he could join in. He grinned down at me and jumped in, also snuggling into the blankets.

I turned my back to him, and he scooted closer, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I really could get used to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the wonderful comments.
And yes she did something right.
Or did she =]?

Anyways, keep the inspiration coming! =]