Status: Definite Hiatus

He's A Handsome Woman

Life From A New Perspective

"So... you're not Ryan?" Brendon asked slowly.
Beth nodded in equal speed, just glad he finally understood.
It had taken an hour to convince him she wasn't Ryan, with the real one coaching him through it via speaker phone.
Though to be honest fifteen minutes had been spent trying to calm Ryan down from his alien invasion ranting and conspiracy theories.
If Beth ever thought she panicked, she shouldn't have expected any less from a guy with the word 'panic' in his band name.
"Alright," Ryan had begun, once he had calmed down. "So what do we do now?"
Beth turned to Brendon with no chance of taking charge in this situation as he looked at her.
"Don't think I have any answers, you two are the oldest here and I'm still freaking out about the fact I'm stuck in a guy's body!" Beth exclaimed, withdrawing her energy and turning meek once more. "Sorry, still stuck on that."
Brendon sighed. "Well, back on the subject of what to do, it look's like Beth is too young to come to us, so I think we should both fly out to, Hershey was it? We should fly out there as soon as we can."
Beth nodded, his suggestion making enough sense for her to breathe a deeper breath than before.
"What about everyone we know?" She asked, only imagining that side of the drama.
Quicker than she thought Ryan answered. "We don't tell anyone else. It took Brendon long enough to not think we're crazy and he already is crazy. A normal person would dump us in the looney bin in a heartbeat and we would never fix this mess."
Both Beth and Brendon had to agree, knowing full well shit like this didn't happen everyday.
After that Ryan wanted to speak to Brendon in private, leaving Beth alone in the room with the three dogs trying to fight the urge not to look at herself naked.
Once they were out of earshot Ryan began speaking once more.
"Look man I don't trust this chick."
"What do you mean?" Brendon asked, wondering if paranoia was a part of the body switching side effects.
Ryan sighed, one of the few things Brendon could distinguish as his best friend through Beth's real voice.
He continued. "Why do you think this happened? Clearly she wanted something from us!"
Definitely paranoid.
"I don't know... I mean why would someone switch bodies with you? No offense but it just doesn't seem like she would. You didn't see her-, your, face when she woke up."
Ryan quickly shot back. "You didn't see her room! It's totally plastered with our pictures, she's clearly obsessed! She's just taken fangirlism to a whole new level!"
"Ryan I don't know..."
From the other end of the phone and other side of the country, Ryan huffed, sounding a lot like his girlfriend. "I don't trust her Bren. And if I have any chance of getting back in my body you need to find out what she did to us."
Brendon had an errant thought that perhaps this was the sudden rush of female hormones talking, and was tempted to make a period joke, but thought better of it, thinking Ryan might bite his head off.
He was still unsure though about his friend's paranoia. "Ryan..."
"Please Bren?"
Perhaps it being the pleading feminine edge in Ryan's voice he just couldn't deny, Brendon ceded, returning to the room with Beth in Ryan's body.
He decided to ignore the fact that Beth was staring at her crotch curiously, and cleared his throat loudly.
"Ryan listen to me. You can't let anyone know your not me, so fake sick okay? When my mom asks just tell her you're exhausted from school and you haven't been getting much-"
Ryan, out of annoyance from the whole thing, cut her off. "I've faked sick before you know, I don't need your help doing it."
"But Ryan, my mom-"
"I can do it without you." He shot back indignantly, causing Beth to wonder in the back of her mind if that's what she sounded like when she was PMSing.
"Well then uh, if you need anything or anything happens, just call. We'll be flying out there probably tonight." Beth said unsurely, remembering something. "Ryan? Don't forget to feed Hurley, my parakeet."
"Hurley? Did you name you're bird after... oh nevermind, sure, whatever."
"Oh and Ryan? Remember you're an eighteen year old girl, so if you dress me like a whore I'm posting naked pictures of you on the Internet."
"Uh, ditto..." He replied.
"One more thing Ryan," Beth added just as they were about to hang up the phone. "Keep your hands to yourself."
Once they'd hung up Beth flopped back onto the floor.
"We should probably go before Jon and Spencer get into town, they'd definitely notice something isn't right."
Beth continued to lay there, staring up at her hand.
"Ryan has absurdly big hands..." She mused tiredly.
"Beth?" Brendon asked, wondering if perhaps she'd lost her already nomadic mind.
She shook her head and sat up. "Sorry, just thinking of the old phrase. You know, big hands, big... head."
Brendon rolled his eyes, pulling out his cell phone.
"Looks like we have a flight to plan."
♠ ♠ ♠
Part two, and just a heads up, if you like the story, please subscribe, comments are nice and all but I find them hard to believe if there wasn't even any subscribing going on.
I'm probably not going to update tomorrow, just cause every day posts would fuck me over.
Title credit Panic! At The Disco - New Perspective (it's been in my head all day).
And yes, if you haven't heard, the exclamation point is back!