Status: Definite Hiatus

He's A Handsome Woman

All This Feels Strange And Untrue

"Ryan hurry up! Do you want to get to Pennsylvania or not?!" Brendon yelled out the car window, laying on the horn just for good measure.
Beth came stomping out of the house, dragging Ryan's clothes in Ryan's luggage in Ryan's body.
"Hershey, Pennsylvania has been there for several fucking years, it'll still be there even if I have to kick your leg humper across the state. And for the last time Brendon, I'm not Ryan." She yelled back in her unfamiliar voice, throwing the bags in the trunk. "I know this is only a recent turn of event but surely your attention span is long enough to remember I'm Beth, the chick stuck in Ryan's body."
Brendon merely rolled his eyes. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."
Beth glanced over at Brendon while buckling her seatbelt. "Wrong side of the country, but close."
With a short sigh he rolled his eyes and began tapping a beat on the steering wheel.
"Hey man, I can keep this up all day." She laughed bitterly, flipping her feet onto the dashboard.
That didn't quite work though in this body, so she left a small scuff instead and quickly looked away to the window as they began driving away, trying to pretend she wasn't a total idiot.
Beth had never been to Las Vegas, hardly ever gone farther than Iowa.
You couldn't blame her for getting a little excited.
Brendon held back a laugh at seeing the wide eyed expression on Ryan's usually cool features, his, er, her, nose pressed against the window.
In his body she looked like a tourist minus the fanny pack and... would've said camera when she pulled one out.
Even at the distance they were she still made the effort to take a picture of the Las Vegas strip on their way to the airport.
"I saw that grin, I know you think I'm crazy." Beth said lightly as she glanced to him from the window.
Brendon merely smiled as he turned toward the airport. "I think we're both crazy, but trust me it's not because of the camera."
As they stopped at a red light Beth turned and snapped a picture of Brendon, light filling the car.
She accidentally left the flash on.
The rest of the drive had been a nightmare of fighting over radio stations and sporadic break checks.
They both got out of the car at the aiport sporting red blotches and ringing ears, an unfortunate result of dashboard collisions and Beth discovering the volume dial.
As further revenge toward Beth, Brendon slid on his glasses and hood, deciding not to warn her on the danger of large crowds when you've been a regular on the J-14 magazine.
Beth thought he just looked like the Unibomber.
Later though she wished she'd worn a paper bag over her as they both left the security check, Beth mortified and Brendon laughing his ass off, practically clutching his sides.
"She was so into you!" He exclaimed.
Beth blushed, ducking her head.
"She was just frisking me." She muttered.
He laughed loudly, catching some passerbyers attention.
"What was it her supervisor said as she tried taking you in the back? Oh yeah, unnecessary strip search!"
Beth nearly growled at Brendon, quickly walking away from the scene of the incident.
"Yeah well I'm writing a very strongly worded letter to their customer service." She grumbled, suddenly looking forward to their flight.
Her fast pace, even faster due to her newly long legs, was cut short by a squeal.
"Oh my God, it's Ryan Ross!" Beth turned to her left in hopes of being saved by Brendon, only to find no one there.
Bastard...
"Uh, Mr. Ryan Ross sir? I, uh, was wondering if I could maybe get your autograph? I don't want to be a bother and make you mad for me bothering you but I really love your band and, oh dammit I'm bothering you aren't I?"
Beth looked down at the possibly fifteen year old girl nervously looking up at her, twisting a sharpie in her hand with her boarding pass in the other.
Despite her performance that morning, Beth did fairly well under pressure, a habit honed after years of coasting academically and becoming an excellent liar everywhere else.
So remembering she was the famous guitarist from Panic at the Disco, she put aside her urge to kill Brendon and his stupid disguise, and slapped on a smile.
"It's no problem, really. Uh... what did you want me sign?" Beth asked, pretending that the airport was her stage and she was playing the role of Ryan Ross, rock star.
The girl had a mini freak out moment, frantically trying to find something suitable for an autograph while constantly checking to make sure Beth/Ryan hadn't left.
Eventually she gave up and began rummaging through her carry-on bag before finally pulling out a powder compact just like the one Beth had at home.
"Would you mind signing this?" She asked timidly.
The girl's constant nervousness must've gotten to Beth as she suddenly felt a softness for the girl. perhaps because she saw a bit of herself in her.
"Sure, what's your name?" Beth asked, taking both things from the girl.
"Marie." She replied with a small smile.
"That's a pretty name, Marie." Beth murmured, just beginning to write her name on the front of the compact.
When it clearly still looked like her handwriting she thought quickly on her feet. "Sorry if this looks shitty, I twisted my wrist the other day."
When she'd finished her scrawling she looked over the message before handing it to Marie.
Perhaps pretending to be Ryan wouldn't be so bad if she got to make some fans happy.
When Marie's eyes started filling with tears though, she began to panic.
"What's wrong? Did I say too much? I thought it might be-"
Marie shaking her head cut Beth off from what could've been a horrendous rant.
"Sorry no, it's not that. I've just been going through a lot." She explained through tears. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to spring this on you. Guys get freaked out by tears."
Beth shook her head quickly to quell her fears, she was a girl after all and was in no way scared by anyone's tears, quite the opposite in fact.
"Do you want to talk about it? I promise I'll listen, tears and all." Beth murmured, leading Marie over to one of the benches of chairs.
And so they sat there, Beth as Ryan listening to Marie talk, letting whatever emotional pressure that had been gathering within her release, something Beth knew too well.
The real Ryan would have to live with the fact he was one scarf short when Beth let Marie take the tear stained fabric.
It was worth it though with the smile on Marie's face, the smile that didn't falter in the picture Beth took with her.
She wanted to do more for Marie, and wondered inwardly why Brendon would want to hide when he could have this much of an impact on someone's life.
Marie eventually had to go board her plane and Beth left her with parting words, hoping for the best.
Magically Brendon appeared a moment after she left, his expression puzzled.
"Coward." Beth muttered, slinging her bag over her shoulder.
Brendon didn't say anything to her insult, instead looking at her with a slight tilt to his head like a curious puppy.
"You didn't have to do that." He murmured, walking with her to their terminal.
Beth shrugged. "She needed someone to talk to. It just happens to be that Ryan is famous and less likely to rape and kidnap her."
With a halfhearted nod they continued on their way through the airport, Brendon in thought.
Ryan was wrong about Beth, that much he knew for certain.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm not hugely fond of this part, but it's neccessary I suppose.
Saw the new Fall Out Boy video, and I think it's my favorite by far (even topping Sixteen Candles).
Plus there was a little bit of Brendon at the end, and you really can't go wrong there (he was also in Sixteen Candles, but still).
Title is Snow Patrol - Open Your Eyes, one of my favorite bands I'm hoping to see in October.