Status: Definite Hiatus

He's A Handsome Woman

Best Of Luck

Beth had never loved Pennsylvania more as they landed.
For the first time in the day she had known him, Brendon didn't look at her like she was insane when she threw herself onto the ground in desperate bliss, not to say the rest of the passengers exiting the plane didn't.
They went to gather their luggage before going to collect the car they'd be renting for the duration of their stay, proof of Brendon's good planning.
Standing next to each other they stared at the car, both remembering their ride to the airport in Nevada.
"No more brake checks?" Beth asked, staring at the shiny Volvo.
"Stick to one radio station?" Brendon countered.
Beth nodded, sticking out her hand to him to shake.
"Deal."
Brendon shook Ryan's hand, remembering their flight there and how nervous Beth had been as they took off.
"Are you scared?" He'd asked, turning to her next to him.
It was weird to see the person he had flown all around the world with shaking with nerves at one small flight across the country.
"Just a little." She'd replied with a feeble smile, tapping her fingers on the arm rest to hide their shaking, pretending it was just the eight year old kicking her chair.
Despite what had happened, this was still Brendon's best friend to him, so he did what he would've done in any other situation.
He stuck out his hand tohim her.
The whole flight through she squeezed his hand with the force of a woman in labor, until the white noise and the setting sun got to her and she fell asleep.
It was obvious though that she'd fallen asleep on a plane with Ryan's red eyes and hair sticking straight up on one side.
"Are you still tired?" Brendon asked as he loaded their bags into the backseat.
Rubbing her eyes Beth nodded.
They decided the real Ryan could wait until tomorrow, that regardless it was nearing midnight and there was no point.
Plus they were just lazy.
So after only getting lost about three times they finally made it to the hotel, ignoring the touristy Hershey details that Beth had lived her whole life around and Brendon didn't have enough energy to care about.
"Some swanky place Brendon." Beth mused, flopping onto the bed on the far side of the room.
Their hotel room to be exact, a lovely room with just enough extra space you would never need to make you feel special.
"Yeah, sorry I couldn't get two single rooms. But if we're going to be here for a while it's better than the Motel 6." He replied, bouncing slightly on his own bed.
Part of what he said tugged at something she had been trying to ignore.
"How long do you think we'll be here anyway?"
He shrugged, opening his suitcase. "Till we figure out how to get Ryan back into his body."
It shouldn't have been surprising, but Beth felt a pang of what felt like hurt, that all he cared about was getting Ryan back in his body and making no mention of getting her back into herself.
A moment after she became very annoyed with herself for thinking like that, cursing her female hormones that made her that way.
Brendon sat on his bed, feeling the silence settle around them, beginning to turn awkward, when he heard Beth sharply inhale.
"Oh shit!"
"What is it?" He asked, jumping up in surprise to see if anything had happened.
From the outside at least, Ryan looked okay.
Beth sighed nervously, twisting her fingers. "I'm not the best science student, but I was good at Biology. And I remember something about hormones. How they come from a part of the body and are dictated by signals from the brain."
Brendon nodded to indicate he was following her and slowly remembering high school information that hadn't been too long ago.
"Now I'm not sure if my brain is going to send out signals for Ryan's body to start producing estrogen, or if it's going to keep making testosterone and my brain... and it'll affect me..."
Brendon was still stuck on the estrogen part, suddenly picturing Ryan's gangley, beanpole body with breasts.
The rest of his mind quickly caught up with the rest of the conversation, understanding the new worry added to the equation.
"Oh shit."
Awkwardly, he reached over and rubbed Ryan's back, trying to soothe Beth's even more frazzled nerves.
"It'll be okay. We'll figure this all out tomorrow okay? And we'll get you back in your body so we don't have to worry about that." Brendon explained, the whole optimisim being bullshit, but Beth gladly bought it.
"Yeah... you're right..." She nodded, melting at his touch.
"Maybe you should get some sleep?" He suggested. "We'll figure this all out in the morning okay?"
Beth looked over at the startlingly caring gaze of Brendon's and quickly looked away, blushing.
Well at least that part of her hormones was there, embarrassing her as she tried to hide fumbled words with a yawn.
"Yeah, yeah, sleep sounds like a good idea. I remember from biology that it's a good thing." She mumbled lamely, quickly getting up.
Brendon nodded and walked back over to his bag.
"Well I'm going to take a shower so, uh, night."
Beth barely heard him as she took off her jacket, revealing the fact she had pretty much never changed out of Ryan's pajama's, all of a sudden afraid to see him even that naked.
With the water of the shower turning on she climbed under the covers, repressing belligerant thoughts that only a door and a couple of feet separated her from a naked Brendon Urie.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so tired right now, I spent a few hours today at a music festival and if any of you know Houston or Texas, you'd know how hot it gets.
Needless to say I nearly passed out and threw up, much like a Warped Tour date, and now I'm exhausted and sun screen sticky.
So, here's part four, enjoy!
Mechanical Boy - Best Of Luck