Status: Definite Hiatus

He's A Handsome Woman

In The Rearview

A hand hung out of the rolled down window, one lit cigarette held poised between two fingers. The hand retreated slowly into the silver car and for a brief moment there was a cloud of smoke where a face should've been. When it cleared it showed a woman whose features were set emotionlessly, framed by long blonde hair hidden under a scarf and solid black shades as she took another drag of her cigarette.

From the way she acted it would've seemed she'd been smoking forever, but in actuality she'd only taken it up an hour before with no intention of a long term commitment. She'd just seen it in a private eye movie and thought it looked cool. Also the cigarette helped her get in character as she sat in her rented car looking like she was channeling Bob Dylan, staring off out the window.

Sam had been in Pennsylvania for a day, and it had been far more productive than she could've ever imagined. In just a few short hours after hiring a private investigator, he had found her one flamboyant singer, jailbait, and a missing boyfriend. All the guilty in the same car. Her fingers were already itching to call in the many perks that come with being a U.S General's daughter, but after being a U.S. General's daughter, she knew to wait. Along with the cigarettes, she'd bought beef jerky and a Mr. Pibb. She was in for the long haul.
Hidden amongst the pricey cars of parents dropping their kids off and kids dropping themselves off, Sam watched Brendon in his own car dancing in his own way to the radio as he sat behind the wheel. But his slightly embarrassing dancing that others were giggling at wasn't what caught Sam's stare, it was what was beyond the car.

Sam watched, nearly coughing on the inhaled smoke, as Ryan got out to talk to the girl in the school uniform. Automatically her eyes narrowed, her hands gripped the steering wheel white knuckled as she watched Ryan touch her waist, run his hands through her hair... He pulled her into a tight hug and turned toward her in a move that could've only been a kiss.
Any signs of Sam's outward anger would only amount to a drop in the ocean of how she was feeling on the inside. If there were any representation for Sam's fury there'd be the image of a volcano erupting, a building exploding, an avalanche of white snow, a star dying... Sam's vision was blurred with tears as she only saw red.

Without a wayward glance Sam threw her cigarette out the window and tore off down the street. Her anger had been replaced briefly by an all more potent flash of utter pain, which she quickly threw aside like her unfinished cigarette. In its wake she followed the only course of action that was left in her mind, the kind of course that took careful planning and time, not acting rashly. This called for revenge.
_______________________________________________________________________
_________

Spencer and Jon tiredly wandered around Pennsylvania. They'd been off the plane, checked into a hotel room, and even got ice cream, but after five hours of being there, still hadn't seen hide nor hair of their missing friends.

Jon plopped himself down on a vacant piece of concrete curb and pulled out a cigarette, showing as little emotion as possible, as if he'd done this everyday in the same place his whole life. He was calm and collected, clearly internalizing all of his plans. Spencer... well that was not the case for Spencer.

"We're fucked!" Spencer yelled in frustration, startling a passing mother and her elementary school kid.

She glared at him, hurrying her kid away.

"Yeah lady, keep moving!" He shouted after her, reaching the end of his chain.

"Keep it up Spence," Jon said absentmindedly, paying little attention to his friend. "Maybe Brendon and Ryan will find us, you know, on the nine o'clock news... in jail."

"What do you mean by that?" Spencer asked with a slight huff.

Jon turned and gave him a meaningful glance. "Terrorizing the locals ring any bell?"

Spencer sighed and plopped down on the ground next to his friend, running his fingers anxiously through his hair.

"I don't mean to... I'm just so fucking worried!" He fumed. "I'm at my wits end internally and I know I look like a mad man on the outside. But I can't help it! We have no idea where they are!"

Jon sighed and patted his friend's back in an attempt of comfort.

"Just relax Spence, take a deep breath. I'm sure we'll find them, we're just not looking for the right signs.

As they sat on the sidewalk facing the street, they paid more attention to the passing cars than the passing people. For all that Jon had said, they really weren't looking hard enough. If they had, they would've noticed the whistling femme fatal, strands of her long blonde hair blowing in the wind behind her and the scarf wrapped around them. The solid black shades were slowly slipping down her nose but she continued to whistle to herself nonchalantly.

All of this would've been rather nondescript had she not, with a feminine swagger, walked into the army surplus store behind them. Thus began the unfolding of Sam's diabolical plan as she surpressed the maniacal laughter that had taken over her heartwrenching mood. Revenge was sweeter than anything the ice cream stand next to the store had, where Jon and Spencer had recently indulged their sweet tooth.

As the door shut behind her with a soft whisper and a tinkling bell, Spencer sighed.

"Yeah, I guess you're right about signs... we won't miss them again."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title is in honor of me seeing The Academy Is tomorrow on the Fall Ball Tour (enter squeals of delight) I'll try and take pictures.
And yes, this is kinda a filler, but an important one hinting at what'll happen later (hint, keep an eye on Sam).
But yeah, I'm lame and trying to work on these stories during lunch while trying not to fail my last year of high school.
But look on the brightside, at least with this story my last update wasn't in May.

The Academy Is... - In the Rearview