Status: Off Hiatus!

I Bottle Up My Hollywood

Blinded By the Morning Lights

I woke up to the sun shining bright through my bedroom window and the sound of birds chirping outside. I felt lighter, like a large weight had been lifted off me. A smile overtook my face as I stretched and stood up. I didn't have to worry about John and I's relationship, I didn't have to spend my days frustrated and confused anymore.

I rifled through my closet, choosing just a simple navy blue v-neck and a pair of black skinny jeans. I ran a brush through my hair, deciding it looked decent enough and sauntered down the stairs. The sun shown through all the windows, lighting up the whole house. It seemed so much brighter, today just seemed so much brighter.

We're getting higher every time that we love
A little closer to the things we fall back on
If you come over, then together, willing
We'll take over the wor-


I looked around frantically for my phone, already knowing who it was by the ring tone. I quickly reached for it, grabbing it just as I was about to vibrate itself onto my kitchen floor. I flipped it open, a stupid grin on my face.

"Hey," I answered, walking over and sitting at my kitchen table.

"Hey," he repeated, his tone light and happy. I held the phone close to my face, almost afraid I wouldn't be able to hear his melodic voice if I didn't.

"What's up?" I asked, drawing random patterns on the wooden table.

"Nothing," he paused, "just felt like hearing your voice." I laughed lightly and blushed at his words. Good thing he wasn't here to witness the red color my cheeks had turned.

We were silent for a few minutes, just listening to the sound of each others breathing. I was deep in thought until he spoke again, breaking my thinking process.

"What are you thinking?" It was such a simple question yet it made me blush.

"You," I muttered bashfully, my cheeks burning as an embarrassed smile creeped its way onto my lips.

"Me too," he replied, letting out a soft laugh.

"You're thinking about yourself?" I asked, confused as to what he meant. He wasn't really that self-centered, was he? No, at least, he never showed that he was.

"No," he chuckled, "I meant I'm thinking about you." I blushed even more, my face probably an unattractive shade of red by now.

"Oh," I looked at my hands, embarrassed by my own stupidity. He laughed again, light and airy. I got lost in the sound for a second before pulling myself away and back into reality.

"What are you doing today?" he asked, stopping any awkward silences from entering our conversation.

"I'm not sure," I said, thoughtfully, "I think I'm hanging out with Kelsey though." I drew a heart with my index finger on the table, idly tapping my foot to an unknown beat.

"Oh, okay," he muttered. I heard stifled voices in the back ground, voices that sounded a lot like Kennedy and Pat.

"Who's there with you?" I asked, straining my ears to hear better. It didn't help at all.

"Kenny, Garrett, Pat, Jared and Aaron," I nodded, even though he couldn't see it.

"I thought I heard them," I smiled, thinking of the last time I'd seen them all. What an interesting experience that had been. I could hear John talking, but his voice was distant and blurry. He must've pulled the phone away.

"Pat says hi," he said and laughed. I could faintly hear Pat singing, "Liz and John, sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g." I chuckled, my cheeks turning a light pink again.

"Shut up Pat," John said, "you're so immature." Pat ignored him and continued to sing ---who I'm guessing was--- Garrett joined in, their voices off key and horribly pitched. I laughed at them again, picturing them doing some sort of ridiculous dance.

"Hey Liz, why don't I call you later?" John chuckled, "So we don't have any more disruptions."

"Sure," I grinned, "Talk to you later."

"Bye."

I snapped my phone shut and slid it into my back pocket. Sighing contently, I stood up and walked over to my front door, pulling on my old black converse. I grabbed my keys and closed my garage door behind me, making sure to lock it just in case. I sat in my car and sent Kelsey a quick text, warning her I'd be over shortly.

I put the key into the ignition, starting the car up and hitting the button that opened the garage. I pulled out, a swarm of flashing lights nearly blinding me as I backed out of my driveway and drove down the street. A few minutes later I pulled up in front of Kelsey's house, quickly running up to the front door before I could be swarmed by camera flashes and questions I wouldn't answer. It was only 8:30 in the morning, didn't these people have lives?

I knocked, anxiously waiting for her to answer the door. I was in no mood to deal with the paparazzi right now. I only woke up about a half hour ago, after all.

"Hey!" she greeted, yanking me inside and slamming the door. She hugged me tightly, my arms automatically wrapping around her thin torso in response. She smelled like watermelon, just as she always did.

"I missed you!" she pulled away and started walking up the stairs, me following closely behind.

"It's only been, like, a day, Kelsey," I chuckled, and jumped up the last step and onto the second floor of her house.

"I know, but still!" she pushed her bedroom door open, not bothering to close it behind her since I was following. She sat down on her bed, making it shift under her weight. I plopped down next to her.

"So," she smiled cheekily at me, "how are you and John?"

"Good," I grinned at the thought of him, "we kind of got into a little fight but every thing's better now."

"What? Tell me what happened!" she turned to me and crossed her legs over each other, staring at me expectantly. I sighed and figured I mine as well tell her. It was either that or have her nag me until I do. So, I told her everything just like I always do. We never kept secrets from each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
That was pretty long. Usually I don't write chapters that long....

Comment please! It make us very happy :)

~shine on.

edit;
Go up to the top by where it says "comments, subscription, summary, etc" and click on the characters to see their pictures :) Here's a full size image of Liz. I believe the full size picture of Kelsey is in the third chapter's author note :)