Beautiful Hunger

New Recruits

Rayven's POV

The day at school was just like any other day, for my friends at least. For me it was full of thoughts and decisions I knew had to be made. How were me and Gerard going to stop Casey? A tyrant with a fucking empire in his grasp. I don't know if we can...

"What's wrong with you today?" Brittanie asked as she walked into art class behind me.

"Long day..." I lied, feeling bad for keeping this all from my best friend.

I always had followed the "Bro's before hoes" rule, but this was different. Or was it the same? How deep does something have to be to make it okay to keep from your best friend?

"Okay..." She said, disbelievingly, disappointment in her voice. I knew she would drop it for now, but not for long. We didn't speak as students came poring into the classroom, taking their seats and chatting. I couldn't stand the silence anymore..

I sighed and pulled a piece of paper out of my notebook, setting it down on the desk and writing...

'Okay, you win. Mr.Way lives on my street and invited me to his house last night.'

I passed the paper to her, causing her to smile then gasp. She pulled a pencil out of her pocket and replied quickly, passing the paper back over to me...

'WOAH! Did you go?! What happened?! Does he have a girlfriend that lives with him?!' She replied. I couldn't help but chuckle as I wrote back.

'Hell yeah I went! He showed me some art. And no, nobody lives in the house but him.'
I passed the paper back and she replied half as fast.

'I can't believe he doesn't have a girlfriend! He's so damn hot! By the way, where is he?' It said.

'No idea, he is usually here by now.' I replied as the bell rang. The kid in front of me turned to his friend and suggested that there may be a substitute, upsetting me a little for some reason. Almost as if those words summoned him, he walked through the door. He was wearing a tight black band-tee and matching black pants, catching my eyes immediately.

Brittanie inhaled through her teeth as she averted her attention from replying to the note to his tight pants. He walked to the front of the class, pulling his wallet out of his pants pocket and placing it on his desk.

"So, how is everyone?" He asked, seeming more confident than I had ever seen him. His eyes were brighter and he wore a beautiful smile that spread around the room.

The entire class replied with off tone replies of 'Good' 'Alright' and 'Tired' making him nod in response.

"Well, I had a great night." He responded, taking a piece of chalk from the blackboard and twirling it in his fingers as he sat down on his stool in front of the class.

"Someone got laid!" A student chanted from the back, making the rest of the class laugh. Mr.Way shook his head and smiled.

"Nope, not yet." He replied, winking at the boy to get a reaction out of him. The boy laughed and shook his head. I blushed at Mr.Ways comment. Was I the reason he was so happy? Was it the short kiss that we had? Or was he just comforted to know that he wasn't alone in this?

"He does have a girlfriend..." Brittanie groaned unhappily. I felt a ping of guilt, I really wanted to tell her what happened, but I knew that I couldn't just yet.

Mr.Way put the assignment on the board and all the students got to work. He sat down behind his desk and I looked up at him, catching his eyes with mine. He smiled warmly at me and motioned to the desk in front of him.

"I'll be right back, Brit." I said as I stood up, making my way to the front of the class. I could hear the students whisper about me and Mr.Way...but what the fuck do they know?

I sat down in the desk in front of Mr.Way and scooted it close to his, causing him to lean over.

"Do you think she can help us?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and nodding towards Brittanie. I was shocked as I turned around and looked at her. There was no way she could be apart of this. I wouldn't let her...she'd know that I had lied to her and she would be drug into something she would most certainly regret.

"No. She isn't going to be apart of this..." I said, desperate to keep her out of the picture.

"She may help..." He suggested, making me shake my head in protest. He wasn't going to win this time.

"No, I'm not going to drag my fucking best friend into this." I said, growing angry making him sit back and fold his arms.

"I still think she may help...we can't do this alone you know..." He said, breaking my strength a little. He was right, and we both knew it, but we had to find someone else.

"We can find someone else...." I suggested, making his eyebrow raise.

"Like who?" He once again, made a valid point. There was really no one else who could help us. I knew if Brittanie helped that soon we would recruit Alexis and Jhonny too, I couldn't risk any of their life's, but it was their decision to make, not mine.

I noticed the almost silence of the class, and sighed.

"We'll talk to her..." I whispered, causing him to smile.

"It's for the best..." He said. "We'll end him with her help." He continued, genuine thankfulness flooding his voice.

He won.

"We'll talk to her after school tonight. If she says no, that's it. Agreed?" I asked, being almost parental about the situation.

"Promise." He whispered and nodded. I sighed and stood up, sliding the desk back into place and returning to my spot next to Brittanie who raised her eyebrow at me.

"What was that about?" She asked with a grin. I couldn't believe I was dragging her into this. Damn Mr.Ways persuasive perfection.

"You'll see after school." I said, causing her to smile in excitement.

"YES." She said triumphantly before returning to her drawing. I laughed at her easily excitable attitude and began my assignment. I focused all my attention on my work before a piece of paper dropped before me onto my drawing, startling me and causing me to look up. Mr.Way was walking towards the front of the class, and sat down at his desk, nodding at me slightly before turning his attention to the computer.

I picked up the paper and unfolded it, reading the cursive that layed within...

'Thanks Babe....'
♠ ♠ ♠
So...who wants to do me a really big favor? :)

Go here: http://stories.mibba.com/read/204536/Silence-Falls-Beneath-the-Floorboards/
and read it.
My girlfriend wrote this story and I think it's amazing, she just wrote it today. If she get's two more comments I will update twice.
This really means alot to me guys. :)