Beautiful Hunger

Decisions...

Rayven's POV

Brittanie walked home with me after school was out, she seemed almost too excited, but I knew that she wouldn't be after she found out what was really going on. She'd probably hate me for keeping such a secret from her, even though it was her own good.

"So, when are we going?" She asked the second we walked into my house.

"When he comes over to get us." I replied, setting my bag down on the kitchen table as I looked around the house. Mom wasn't home yet. Brittanie set her bag down next to mine and made her way into the living room.

"Where is your mommeh?" She asked, looking around as she sat down.

"Probably still at 'work'." I said, sitting down next to her and grabbing the remote. I turned on the TV, flipping through all the boring crap such as Hardball:With Chris Matthews and the news. I landed upon Spongebob and smiled, tossing the remote to Brittanie.

"You okay with this?" I asked her, she smiled and nodded.

"Damn straight, can't beat this." She said, tossing the remote onto the side table next to her and averting her attention to the small TV screen. We watched three episodes of Spongebob before the screen went black for a second, making us both groan before it came back up.

"THIS IS A SPECIAL NEWS BULLETIN..." Said a man that appeared on the screen. He stood in front of a large building, surrounded by police and SWAT teams.

"We have received word that Casey Callihan has captured several hostages as is currently holding them in this building behind me." The man said, motioning to the large building.

"We are unsure of why he is doing this or how many people he has trapped inside, but we'll keep you updated as soon as we have more information." The man said before the TV returned to normal once again. I remained silent as iCarly flashed onto the TV. Gerard probably knew something about this, he had to.

Brittanie sighed. "Why the fuck haven't they caught him yet?" She asked out loud.

"He's smart." I stated. She nodded, and leaned back.

Brittanie had a history of her own with Casey. One of her closest friends died a few years ago after being drug into Casey's mob, there was really nothing anyone could do to stop it.

The glum mood lifted as three knocks echoed through the house. Brittanie jumped from her seat and trotted over to the door, making me laugh as I stood up and shut off the TV. Brittanie opened the door, letting Gerard step in. He was wearing a heavy coat and a loose pair of jeans, smiling uncomfortably as Brittanie grinned at him.

"Ready to go guys?" He asked, averting his eyes to me for a minute and smiling.

"Hell yeah!" Brittanie said, zipping up her jacket to prepare for the cold Jersey breeze.

"Rayven?" He asked.

"Yeah, I just need a second." I said, grabbing a piece of paper and a pencil from my backpack and sitting down at the table. Gerard and Brittanie stood by the door, making smalltalk about the weather and TV.

'Dear Mom,

When I got home you weren't here, probably still at work or shopping. I'm going to be over at Mr.Way's house with Brittanie, I shouldn't be there long.

Love you.'


I walked into the kitchen and placed the note on the fridge door, placing a magnet on top of it to hold it in place.

"We can go now." I said as I made my way past Gerard and Brittanie and out the door. I was met on my doorstep by a heavy gust of wind, covering my arms with goosebumps.

"Crap..." I mumbled. "Knew I should have grabbed a jacket." I said as Gerard and Brittanie stepped outside, closing the door behind them.

"Cold?" Gerard asked, putting an arm over my shoulder. I nodded, folding my arms over each other in an attempt to keep warm. Gerard unwrapped his arm from my shoulder and unzipped his jacket, removing it from his body and handing it to me.

I smiled and pulled it on, automatically being welcomed by a intoxicating scent. I smiled, and cuddled into the large jacket and looked over at Brittanie who was standing behind Gerard, she was grinning and had both of her thumbs in the air, making me laugh.

"Okay, off we go." Gerard said, putting his arm over my shoulder again as we walked across the couldesac to his house. He kicked the door open, making Brittanie inhale and raise her eyebrow like she was flirting.

We all walked into the house and into the living room. Brittanie's eyes were darting around as if she was memorizing every single detail of his house. Me and Gerard sat down on the couch as she wandered down the hallway.

"Hey..." He started as he leaned over to whisper in my ear. "I'll do the talking, okay?"

"That's fine..." I said, the reality of what I was about to drag my best friend into sinking back into my mind.

"If this works, I promise everything will be okay..." He said reassuringly, kissing my cheek, causing me to blush and smile.

"See, there's a smile." He said happily, wrapping his arms around me and kissing my forehead before standing up, and walking to the hallway.

"C'mon Brittanie." He called, coming back to sit down next to me. Brittanie walked into the living room slowly.

"Did I do something wrong?" Brittanie asked, sitting in the chair across from the couch.

"No, Brit. Just because someone wants to talk to you doesn't mean you are in trouble." I laughed.

"Well...3 times out of 5." She said with a shrug. "So, what's the big news?"

I looked up at Gerard, signaling that he needed to get talking. He nodded and began.

"You have a very important decision to make...."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to those who read and commented on my Girlfriends story. :) I love you guys.
For those who didn't and want to check it out, the URL is in the Author's note of the last chapter :)