Beautiful Hunger

Scribbles

"Okay guys, this may sound very immature to you all, but just for today I want you guys to scribble." He said with a smile. "I'm going to put on some music and I want you guys to pick out three colors, I don't care what they are. I'm going to play three songs and I want you to use a different color and a different piece of paper for each song." He continued.

"He's so amazing..." Brittanie said, complementing him for the millionth time as she picked out her colors from the marker bin and pulled three pieces of paper out of her backpack.

"You just like him because he's letting you scribble and that's the only kind of art you know how to do." I said, picking out my colors and paper.

"Scribbling is where you all began learning how to draw and that's where we are going to begin today." Mr.Way said, taking of his jacket for the first time, exposing his strong arms. He pressed play on the stereo and classical music began playing over the speakers. Mr.Way stuck his hands in his pockets and began walking around the room, observing our scribbles.

I picked up my purple marker and began making circles on the page, I found myself matching my circles with the tunes and different instruments in the song. Once the song was over I looked at the paper, very happy with my purple scribble circles.

"Okay guys, switch your paper and your colors." Mr.Way said, pressing play once again on the stereo, causing a loud rap song to erupt from them. Many of the students groaned in annoyance, causing Mr.Way to laugh. "Yeah, I knew you guys would love this one." He continued, making his way around the class. For this song I chose my orange marker, making random scribbles matching to the heavy bass of the song. I was never a fan of rap, or anything that didn't have any loud guitars in it really. Once the song was over a sigh of relief erupted from my throat, that song was almost torture.

"I honestly didn't really enjoy that one much either..." Mr.Way confessed. He instructed us to switch our paper and color again as he made his way back over to the stereo, pressing the button again as a even louder heavy guitar rift blasted through the speakers. I didn't recognize the song, but it didn't matter, it was better than the two songs before. I chose my red marker for this one, moving the tip sporadically across the paper. I was so consumed in my scribbling that I didn't notice Mr.Way hunched over the desk, watching my movements.

"Doing good." He said, catching my attention. I looked up at him, catching his eyes with mine, causing me to blush a little. He looked perfect, his hair was a little wild, but that only made him look sexier.

"Oh, uh...thanks." I said, stopping my hand from moving. Brittanie watched Mr.Way from behind her curtain of hair that shielded her face. Mr.Way smiled down at me, before looking at the desk in front of us, pulling a chair out and sitting in it backwards so that he faced us. He rested his arms on the back of the chair and placed his chin on his arm, watching us.

"So, am I still doing okay?" He asked me, still watching my hand movements as I scribbled.

"Yeah, this was a great approach." I said, causing him to smile crookedly.

"Thank you. I was worried that you guys would think it was foolish." He admitted, leaning his head to the side to watch Brittanie for a little.

"No, I get to listen to music and scribble for a grade, it couldn't get much better." I said, causing him to return his eyes to me. He smiled warmly, causing me to smile as well.

"So, I never really had the chance to learn your names." Mr.Way said, causing Brittanie to answer immediately.

"I'm Brittanie." She said with a eager smile, causing me to shake my head a little at how girly she was being. Mr.Way reached out his hand to her, shaking it.

"Nice to officially meet you." He said with a smile, retrieving his hand. I almost expected Brittanie to squeal and start licking her hand or something, but she restrained herself.

"And you?" He asked, turning to me.

"Oh, Rayven..." I said, extending my hand to him, he grasped it gently. The second his hand touched mine a warm jolt shot through my body, my heart began beating faster.

"Nice to meet you, Rayven." It was the first time he had ever said my name, and for some reason this excited me.

The stereo fell silent, causing him to look around.

"Well, talk to you guys later, nice meeting you." He said with a smile and made his way back up to the front of the class.

"I want all of you to put your name on your art, and save it, we'll be using it for a later project." He said.

"What the hell are we gonna use scribbles for?" I wondered in my head.

"For the rest of the class I want you all to really draw, I mean try your hardest. You can draw whatever you like and are free to listen to your music as well. But I want you all to write the name of the songs you listened to on the back while making this drawing. Turn it in at the end of class." He said, taking his seat behind his desk. All the students began to ruffle through their back packs, retrieving their music players. I pulled my iPod out of my pocket, placing the headphones over my head.

"Dude, this is fucking awesome." Brittanie said excitedly as she rummaged through her backpack, pulling out her CD player.

"Agreed." I said and pressed play causing the loud guitars of Rage Against the Machine to blast into my ears. I drew a girl in the forest, being stalked by her shadow as she ran. I wasn't the greatest artist in the world, but I was good enough to at least be able to enjoy it. As soon as the first song was over I flipped the paper, writing the name of the song and band before continuing with my art. I looked up momentarily and saw Mr.Way lower his head quickly. Was he watching me?

I continued to draw, four more songs passing. Every few minutes I would look up, and Mr.Way would look away quickly, trying to act like he wasn't looking. Only once had I caught his eye, receiving a "I'm caught" smile from him. I pulled off my headphones stuffing my iPod back into my pocket along with them. I blew on the paper, removing any eraser shavings from the paper and stood up, pulling the paper with me. I walked up to his desk, receiving his attention immediately.

"All finished?" He asked, looking up at me with his hazel eyes. I nodded, placing the drawing down in front of him and returning to my seat. I cleaned up all the papers, stuffing the scribble drawings into my full backpack and sitting back in my seat. I looked around the room, taking a moment to look at the art that littered the walls once again. My eyes followed along the wall and stopped on Mr.Way's desk. He was still looking at my drawing intently, a eyebrow raised in interest. He placed the drawing on his keyboard as other students began to finish and bring their drawings to his desk.

With each student that finished the noise level in the classroom grew. Brittanie was one of the last ones done, she made a complex drawing of bunnies in a fridge, eating all of it's contents in a frenzy. She returned to the desk and started cleaning up her supplies. The bell rang just as she finished, causing a loud commotion of chairs sliding to begin.

"Don't forget to keep those scribbles. Have a nice day!" Mr.Way said as students began to pour out of the room. I picked up my things and waited for Brittanie before leaving the room.

"That was fucking...amazing." She said with a satisfied smile. "He is so hot..."

"I agree...if only he was our age." I said, with a sigh. I couldn't stop wondering about him, why he started talking to us, why he kept looking at me then turning away like he wasn't. He probably looked at all the students, probably just making sure we were doing our work...

"Well, you are almost 18, then it would be legal." She said with a shrug, not knowing that she had just gave me a great realization. She was right, once I was 18 no one could do anything about it. I snapped myself out of my mind, pushing the thought away for later.

"You are never going to wash that hand again, are you?" I asked with a knowing smile.

"Never."

"Let's hope he never hugs you then." I said with as we made our way out of the school.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, does any one have anything they think I could improve, any suggestions?

And does anyone wanna make a banner for this story?
:) I would greatly appreciate it if you did.