Beautiful Hunger

Men In Black (edited)

The walk from school to my house wasn't very long, about twenty minutes at the most. I didn't mind it, I was able to wake up in the morning and cool off from school in the afternoon. As I walked I pressed next on my iPod causing the screaming poetry of Otep to blast through my headphones. As I neared my house a black truck drove ahead of me quickly, skidding to a stop in a driveway about five houses down the culdesac from me.

What the hell was his rush? I asked myself causing me to stop in my tracks in front of my house driveway. I never saw the guy that lived in that house, he hasn't lived in it for long, about two months at the most. He kept to himself. The truck door swung open with such force that I half expected it to break off. A man in a heavy black jacket stepped out of the car and walked to the back of the truck, opening the back and crawling into the back, pulling a large box to the edge. He then jumped out of the back, pulling the box into his arms and struggling with the weight, he set the box on the ground. He turned to look at the culdisac, almost as if to make sure no one was watching. Once the hooded head looked in my direction he lowered his head quickly and said something that I didn't quite catch, he kicked the truck door shut and began pushing the large box along the cement, putting all of his strength into the effort of pushing the box into the house.

Once the man disappeared through the door my eyes remained on the house.

What's in the box? I wondered, dropping my bag on the grass. Mom wouldn't be home for another hour anyway, giving me plenty of time to sit on our lawn and stare at the house diagonal from us in the culdesac. After about 10 minutes of spacing out on the house nothing happened, no noise, no commotion, nothing. I shrugged it off, concluding that the guy was probably allergic to the sun and got a package from UPS or something. My idea amused me, taking my mind off the house for a little. I pulled out my scribbles from my bag and observed them, looking at all the circles and squiggles that came naturally to me. I set them down, sighing out of boredom. I looked at the time on my iPod discovering that I still had about 25 minutes to kill. I layed down on the warm grass, letting my head rest on my backpack like a pillow. I began drifting off letting the warm sun be my blanket.

BANG

"What the fuck was that?!" I asked myself out loud, jolting up into the upright position and looking around frantically. My eyes halted to a stop on the man in black standing in front of the house door across the culdesac. He ran quickly to the drivers side of the truck and pulled out of the driveway quickly. I watched the truck as he drove by, then looked back at the house, nothing seemed wrong with it. No smoke, no broken windows. It must have been him slamming the door as he came out. I took a deep breath in, attempting to slow my heartbeat down. My eyes locked onto a red beater pulling down the road, it made a loud screeching noise as it pulled down the street causing me to cringe. It pulled into the same driveway that the black truck once parked in and a familiar man stepped out.

Mr.Way I said in my mind, wondering if I should tell him about what I saw or just forget about it and let him go on with his business. I watched him as he made his way to the back of the car, opening up the trunk and pulling out his briefcase. He slammed the trunk with his strong arms and made his way to the door of the house, forcing me to make up my mind quickly. I got up and began walking towards the house in a slow pace. He probably thinks I'm stalking him. I argued with myself in my head about weather I should turn around and forget about it or continue towards his house. I made it to his lawn before he entered the house, kicking the door shut behind him. I sighed, glad he didn't notice me approaching him. I strode across his lawn and stopped on his doorstep.

What do I do now? Do I knock on the door and tell him that a man in black left a box in his house? OR do I just walk away? I stood there for a few minutes before finally deciding on the second option. I raised my hand to the doorbell, pressing the button in and heard a loud ding inside the house. Soft footsteps walked their way closer and closer to the door, making me think that this was probably a bad idea. The door swung open and I looked down at my shoes.

"Rayven? It is Rayven, right?" He asked with an eyebrow raised causing me to look up. Mr.Way was now in a tank top and tight jeans, causing my eyes to wander down his toned body as I nodded.

"Umm...I'm sorry if this sounds rude Rayven, but what are you doing here?" He asked in the nicest tone possible. I looked into his eyes taking a deep breath in. He was gonna think I was crazy.

"I live in that house over there...the one with the backpack on the lawn." I said, turning to point at my house. He looked over my shoulder and nodded before returning his amazing hazel eyes to me.

"Okay..." He said as he looked down at me, probably thinking that I was insane.

"Well, when I was sitting on my lawn a black truck came and a guy came out and grabbed a box from the back of the truck and took it into your house." I stated, still looking at me. I probably sounded like a tattling five year old who just saw some other kid playing with one of my toys.

"Oh..." He said, looking over his shoulder into his house. "That box?" He asked as he pressed himself against the door so that I could see past him. Sure enough, the large brown box sat on the floor in the hallway. My eyes rested on the box for a moment before it jolted. My eyes widened, the box moved. It fucking moved.

"Yeah..." I nodded, taking my eyes off the box.

"I was expecting that package." He said with a cute smile. "Thanks for your concern though."

"No problem, sorry for bugging you." I said, deciding that I should have never even come in the first place, this was none of my business.

"It's okay, Rayven. I'll see you in class tomorrow." He said with a cute smile as he closed the door slowly, his eyes staring into mine until the last second.

"Wow..." I said as I breathed in heavily. He had fucking amazing eyes. I pulled myself back together and walked across the road and back to my lawn, taking one last look at his house. His curtains moved around as my eyes met his window. I layed back down on the grass, my imagination running wild about what could have possibly been in that box and why it moved...

It probably didn't move...your eyes were just playing tricks on you. I told myself, trying to calm down about the whole situation. I sighed and looked up at the sky, the brightness making me squint my eyes reflexively. I closed my eyes again, deciding that it'd be the best way to make the remaining time go by faster. Twenty minutes to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I edited and re-posted. I put more info about the box in, i felt that I didn't describe the weight of the box at all :)

1 comment=update :D I'm nice like that.