Beautiful Hunger

Beautiful Evil

Rayven's POV

"How was your first day of school, Hun?" My surprisingly sober and clean mother asked. It was a rare night when she would come home fine and without a man attached to her hip. She was a wonderful woman, she just had some problems that she needed help with. But she was stubborn, very stubborn and stood by the argument that nothing was wrong. Her motto: Ignorance is bliss.

"Just like all the others." I said with a smile. She leaned into the car, pulling out a brown paper bag that I assumed had her poison of choice in it. She cradled the bag in her arms before closing the car door and turning to look at me again. I grabbed my backpack off of the lawn, and stole a quick glance at Mr.Way's house. His house was still, no noise, no movement from the curtains. I really was a stalker. I tore my eyes away from his house, following my mother up the driveway.

My mother was what many people would see as a whore. But whore or not, she was my mother and I cared about her. She had bleached blond hair with brown roots that showed at the top of her head. Her face was thin and so where her lips, she wore tight clothes and her face was always masked with bright make-up. My mother would never tell me what her job was, so I could only assume that I probably didn't want to know. It may be wrong, but she did what she could to keep us alive, even if that meant putting herself in danger.

I went straight to my room, tossing my backpack onto the dirty floor and returning back to the living room. My mother was sitting in front of the TV, a beer placed between her legs as she stared at the screen. I made my way over to the couch and sat down next to her.

"What are ya watching?" I asked, propping my feet up on the coffee table.

"The News. Casey Callihan is causing trouble again." She stated with a sigh, lowering her hand to the neck of the beer bottle and lifting the lip to her lips, taking a swig from the bottle before returning it to it's resting position. I turned my attention to the TV screen.

"Today in the news, Casey Callihan. The search for his latest victim. Details up next." A middle aged woman on the TV said dramatically. I sighed, deciding to take the bait and remain where I was sitting. Not like there was anything better to do. The commercial break wasn't long before the news flashed across the screen once again.

"Casey Callihan. A name that strikes terror in the hearts of hundreds across the state." A man in his early thirties said with an eyebrow raised for effect. "I'm David Swanson with your latest updates." He said before the TV screen flashed blue and returned to David walking in front of a small house.

"Kern Street in downtown Belleville. The scene of yesterdays latest abduction and disappearance of known drug offender James Kander. Kander was last seen after work by his neighbor before entering his home right behind me." David Swanson informed, motioning to the small house behind him. "The kidnapper was seen wearing a long black jacket and a matching pair of pants. The getaway vehicle was said to be a black Dodge Ram, no license plate information is available." The man said, reading off a small card placed discreetly in his palm.

My eyes went wide and my heart began racing for the thousandth time today. The box. There was a missing man in that fucking box, my legs became weak and my heart began to beat louder, faster, stronger. Mr.Way can't be involved in this. No fucking way. He was just too perfect. I pushed myself up from the couch, my legs trembling gently.

"Honey, are you alright?" She asked, concern leaking through her question.

"Y-Yeah..." I said absentmindedly as I made my way to my bedroom. I didn't believe it. I couldn't believe it. How could someone so perfect be apart of that? How could someone so beautiful be apart of something so terrible? I stepped through my doorway, closing the door behind me and making my way to the window. I opened it, looking out across the empty culdesac to Mr.Gerard Way's house. Mr.Way was sitting in his front yard, a pencil in hand and an art pad resting on his lap, he looked focused as he scribbled away. He looked up every now and then, his eyes landing on my house and then back down to the paper. I opened my blinds a little bit further, giving me a view of the beautiful evil man scribbling away. He looked up at my house once again, this time his eyes resting on my window. Could he see me? I closed them slowly, enough to where I felt he couldn't see me but I could still watch him. He grinned at the house, laughing a little before returning to his work.

"He's drawing my house..." I whispered out loud, finding myself blushing from the thought. I opened my blinds a little more, letting my eyes take his whole body in. He couldn't have been involved in this, he was too beautiful. Suddenly he stood up, his eyes still on my window as he looked straight at me, his perfect smile spread across his lips. I blushed and looked down, closing my blinds totally. Mr.Way was just too perfect for any of this madness, he couldn't be involved.

I was just like my mother. Ignorance is bliss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to:
iheartadam2
Dancing Dead; xo
Octinioxate

for commenting on the last chapter. You guys rock!

Comments=chapters :D