Beautiful Hunger

Passing Notes

Rayven's POV

All the classes on Tuesday up to the sixth period of the day were utterly uneventful. While Mrs.Hagstrom droned on and on about the importance of homework and completing our assignments on time I couldn't help but think about Mr.Way. I mindlessly scribbled small things on the blank piece of paper in front of me shocked to find myself drawing hearts of all shapes and sizes all over the paper.

"Are you listening, Rayven?!" Mrs.Hagstrom asked, slapping the top of my desk with a ruler and snatching my art work out from under my scribbling hand. I groaned and slammed my pencil down on my desk, causing her nostrils to flare from the angry look I gave her. "Pay attention, Rayven!" She growled and continued with her lecture, leaving me with the thought and questions that I'd been avoiding all day. Thoughts of Mr.Way came swarming back into my head and so did the fear of him. It's so hard to be scared of someone and have a almost love with them at the same time! I wanted to know what someone so perfect could possibly have to do with someone like Casey Callihan. The bell rang, making me jump a little in my seat. Excitement and fear dove deeper into me as I gathered my stuff and headed out the door to Mr.Way's class. Everything seemed to go in slow motion as I stepped into his class and a feeling of being watched punched into my sides.

"Hello Rayven..." Mr.Way's beautiful voice chimed up as I made it to my desk. I was suddenly at a loss of words and I just nodded, causing Mr.Way to laugh a little. I pushed my chair out, letting my body fall into it. I leaned my arms on the desk, resting my face in them so that I was looking down on the floor. Brittanie came into the room not long after, stealing a glance at Mr.Way before sitting down next to me.

"Hey, Rave." She greeted. I just raised my hand, waving slightly in response. I had no idea what I was feeling, fear? Love? I was confused, that's all I knew.

"You okay?" She asked, annoying me with her question for some reason.

"Fine." I said, sitting upright with a sigh. My eyes landed on Mr.Way who was looking at me through his black hair, he smiled and nodded a little, moving out from behind his computer desk and making his way to the front of the room just as the last of the students began to file in as the bell rang.

"Yeah, nice job being on time guys!" He said to the students jokingly with his eyebrow raised. A few of the girls giggled as they sat down, looking up at him and waiting for him to begin instruction. He picked up a piece of chalk and looked over the class.

"Who all has their scribble drawings with them?" He asked, causing a small amount of students to raise their hands, including me. He sighed at the rest of the students.

"Okay, we can't do what I had planned today so I want you all to get a magazine from the paint room, cut out a picture and draw it. Paste the picture you drew to the back of the paper. This will be for a grade so give me your best. Nothing sexual guys!" He said. As soon as his sentence was over a loud commotion of scooting chairs erupted out from the room as a majority of the students rushed to the paint room to pick out the best magazines. Me and Brittanie waited, as usual. As soon as most the students were back in their desks me and Brittanie stood up, grabbing about three magazines from the back of the room. I ripped a picture of a dog out from the magazine, deciding that it was easy enough to draw. Brittanie picked out a purple iPod, no real surprise there.

Animals weren't really my specialty and my dog began looking more like a cat/pig as the drawing went on. Mr.Way began wandering around the classroom, scanning the drawings out of curiosity. He laughed at a few, causing a couple students to blush, making me to an extent...jealous. I shook the feeling off, growing more and more confused with each stroke of my pencil and ever word I heard Mr.Way say to anyone but me. I grew more and more nervous with each step he took closer to my desk. Should I be afraid of him...or not?

He finally made his way to our desk, leaning down behind me making me clutch my pencil especially hard.

"You're doing great." He whispered in my ear. He hovered there for a moment, making me blush uncontrollably as his intoxicating scent flowed into my nose. He tapped my neck gently with something that I guessed was a piece of paper. I reached over my shoulder, grabbing it at the edge, sliding it out of his fingers and into my open hand. He then walked over to Brittanie, leaning over in front of her, complimenting her drawing as she blushed and made an attempt at flirting with him, making me shake my head a little. As soon as he was done with our desk he made his way back to the front of the room, taking his place in his wooden stool in the front of the class.

I clutched the piece of paper in my hand, almost too scared to open it. I finally sucked in a deep breath placed the paper on my lap under the desk so that no one, including Brittanie could see. I unfolded it quietly, taking my time with the paper. As soon as the paper was folded almost flat on my lap I gasped. There, in the most beautiful pencil drawing I've ever seen, was my house, the blinds open a little bit on the extending part of the house, which was undoubtedly my room. In the top corner were seven words that made my heart jump in both fear and girlish surprise.

"You look beautiful when you are scared."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do you guys think about where this story is going?!
3 comments=update :D