Beautiful Hunger

Think Of You Later

Rayen's POV

I folded the picture back up quickly, hoping to stuff the picture back into my pocket before Brittanie noticed. I hadn't told her about yesterday, there are just some things she didn't need to know. Brittanie looked up at me, her brown hair dangling in front of her excited eyes.

"What was that? You aren't very sneaky." She stated with a smile, resting her elbows on the table and her chin in her hands.

"Wha - It was nothing..." I lied, knowing she'd see through it as always. I stuffed the paper further down into my pocket, hoping that she would just drop the whole thing.

"I'm your best friend, we're supposed to tell each other everything." She whined, drawing out the 'everything'. I knew she was right, and I kinda felt bad for having to lie to her about this. But I knew I couldn't tell her what I had learned about Mr.Way, she'd probably try to move into my house so that she could stare at him from across the street.

"Yeah, I'll tell you later." I lied again. When I say 'I'll tell ya later' it usually means...I'm gonna keep putting it off till you forget about it or it's resolved and there is no reason to bring it up in a conversation, and Brittanie knew that all too well.

"Yeah, fine..." She sighed, discouragement taking over her facial features. I patted her back and half-heartedly smiled, she ignored me causing me to sigh.

"I mean it this time..." I told her, trying to cheer her up, but knowing that I'd regret saying it later.

"Really?" She asked with a smile. I nodded, and leaned over, gathering my things.

"Wait...where are you going? Class doesn't end for another thirty minutes." She stated, an eyebrow raised questionably.

"I, uh, have to talk to Mr.Way about something..." I replied, actually telling the truth this time.

"Ohhh..." She teased. "Go get 'em tiger." She said, as I blushed and shook my head.

"It's not like that..." I said with a sigh as I made my way to the front of the class. I was never a front of the class person, being close to the teacher wasn't worth it. Especially because all the cheerleaders and teachers pets LOVE to sit near the teacher. I sat down at an empty desk directly in front of the teachers desk, sitting on the wrong side so that the chair was facing his desk. A few students started whispering as Mr.Way turned to me, his arms crossed over his chest.

"What is this?" I asked in a low whisper, trying to keep the other students out of my business if possible. I dug my hand into my hoodie pocket, taking out the folded piece of paper and sliding it under my hand towards him. Once he realized what it was he smiled.

"That...is your house." He stated with a questionable grin. I wasn't scared right now, which is a rare time for me. I just wanted to know what his game was so that I could beat him at it before he even rolled the dice. Easier said than done, especially when he is writing the rulebook as we go.

"I know that Mr.Way. But why?" I asked, leaning forward onto his desk.

"Did you not read the top? The answer is in those words." He stated, his eyes staring deeply into mine.

"Stop with the weird riddles. Just tell me what you want." I said quietly, fiddling with a pencil that lied in front of me.

"You'll see in time, love." He responded cooly, patting my hand gently. My breath increased as his skin touched mine, and he noticed. I placed my hands on my lap under the desk, gasping when his hands grasped mine from under the wooden desk. He rubbed my fingers gently, causing me to freeze in place. He winked at me and then let go of my hand, leaving me still frozen in place. I sighed as butterflies fluttered through my stomach, bursting into a painful fire with each passing second. Mr.Way turned his attention back to his computer. What the hell is wrong with me? I'm being stalked but I'm not scared, I almost feel like I'm encouraging it.

"Your mom sent me an E-Mail." He stated as if nothing just happened. "She wants a parent teacher conference for some reason, she said that we do it here, but I told her that I live across the street and that her house would probably be more comfortable." He said with an almost haunting smile. I wanted to kiss him and slap him at the same time. I wanted to shoot him but jump in front of the bullet before it hit him. I just scoffed and snatched the drawing off my house from his desk, putting the chair back into it's normal position and sitting down. I turned around to look at Brittanie, causing all the other students to immediately lower their heads back down to their work in a panic. Brittanie's eyes were the only ones that remained still, searching for a sign. I clenched my fist and punched my open hand lightly to explain my anger, causing her to laugh and shake her head.

I laid my turned back around, laying my head on the desk for the rest of the period, trying to calm myself down. Mr.Way didn't bug me for the rest of the class as I dozed off, jolting awake once someone ran their fingers through my hair. I sat up quickly, my eyes meeting Mr.Way's immediately, his face only inches from mine.

"Time to get up, Hun. Bell rang five minutes ago." He stated, his fingers twirling around a strand of my hair before I pushed away from the desk quickly, looking around the empty classroom.

"Where is Brittanie? Why didn't she wake me?" I asked, feeling uncomfortable as the full knowledge of me and Mr.Way being all alone sunk in.

"She didn't want to bug you, she said you are like Godzilla when you wake." He said with a chuckle, standing up on the opposite side of my desk and pushing the chair in. I couldn't help but look at his body as he straightened out his shirt and pants. I bent over, picking up my stuff and throwing it into my backpack carelessly. I had to get out of here. I made my way towards the door, each step seeming slower and slower than the last as my heart and brain began a war within me.

GET OUT. One screamed.
STAY WITH HIM. The other one yelled, sounding just a bit louder than my logic.

"Hey, Babes?" He asked, causing me to turn towards him quickly as I wondered why I responded to his pet name. "I'll see you tonight." He said, blowing me a kiss as I bit my lip, shaking my head and walking out of the room to head home and prepare.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks guys for all the comments on the last chapter :D

3=update :D