Words I Might Have Ate

A Sprinkle Of Maniacal

I blew it. I missed my chance. Today at school--sometime today--I was gonna try and talk to Carrie. I just blew it off though. I had the perfect opportunity to, but I didn't. I wonder why she was in the hallway. She looked troubled.
My thoughts were interrupted when I heard banging from downstairs. I was in my room, sitting on my bed, strumming on my guitar. I put it down on my bed and walked downstairs. More banging on the door came, and I'm wondering who the hell it could be.
I opened the door to be met with... Carrie's Mom, Mrs. Rinewalt.
"Where is my daughter, you scum child! Where's Carrie?" God, I knew Carrie had been staying at Tre's, but I didn't know how hysterical her Mom was.
"Whoa, lady, chill out! I don't know where Carrie is." She narrowed her eyes and pointed her finger right in my face.
"You lie, you filthy piece of trash!" Psh. I didn't know trash was supposed to be clean.
"No, I don't know where Carrie is."
"You're hiding her, aren't you?"
"Why the hell would I be hiding my ex-girlfriend?" She suddenly grabbed me by my shirt collar, which took me by total surprise.
"Tell me where the hell my daughter is, or I'll make sure you never have a future!" I got a little freaked out by that. She had a maniacal look in her eye that screamed bloody murder. She was seriously paranoid, and wouldn't even believe me because she was so paranoid.
"I don't know where your fucking daughter is, okay? Now get off of my property before I call the police and have them escort you!" She slowly let go of my shirt collar and took a step back.
"I'll make damn sure you don't have my daughter in your house. I'll do it with the police myself." I shrugged.
"I don't give a damn. She's not here. My Mom might care though." She gave me a death glare which scared me.
"Where does your friend Mike live?" I raised an eyebrow at that. Why did she wanna know?
"Why the hell do you wanna know?"
"My husband found him in Carrie's bed with her, and I want to know where he is so I can rip him apart." My eyes widened. Not at the last part, but the part where she said he was in bed with her. That fucking bastard fucked my ex-girlfriend? I can't believe him. I'm gonna rip him apart myself.
"He lives down the street in that white house with the black truck," I said angrily. She nodded and got back in her car, and drove down the street. I slammed the front door shut and went upstairs into my room.
"I can't believe that fucker," I growled, snatching my notebook from my desk and flipping to a blank page. I grabbed a pen and furiously scribbled down 'Now it seems I can't keep my mind off of you' on the first line.

I wonder how Carrie's doing. She really should go home. I'm sure her parents are worried sick about her. I can understand why she doesn't want to, but still...
"I'm bored," I sighed. I was in the living room, sitting on the couch with my step-dad.
"Call one of your friends then." I shrugged.
"Okay, I'll call Billie." I reached for the phone, but I stopped when I heard banging on the front door.
"Who the hell?" Mark questioned, getting up from the couch. He answered the door and some angry chick was standing there. Whoa, wait... that was Carrie's Mom.
"Can I help you?" Mark asked.
"Is there a Mike here?" she asked, narrowing her eyes. I appeared behind Mark and waved slightly. She glared at me and pushed past Mark to get to me. I stepped back as she came closer.
"Where is Carrie? I know you're hiding her here! Tell me where she is, dammit!"
"Mrs. Rinewalt, I don't know where Carrie is! I'm not hiding her here!"
"Hey, I don't know who you think you are lady," Mark shouted. "You can't just come in here, exasperating him!"
"He had sex with my daughter!" My eyes widened and I shook my head rapidly.
"I didn't have sex with her! I swear! You could ask any of my friends!"
"They're only gonna take your side!" she shouted back at me.
"I swear on my life I never had sex with Carrie! I fell asleep before she did!"
"When did all this happen?" Mark asked me. I shifted my eyes around and ignored his question.
"Tell me where my daughter is right now!"
"I don't know!" She looked at me evilly.
"We don't know where your daughter is, so get out of our house now before I call the cops." Mrs. Rinewalt looked at each of us one more time before walking out of the house. Mark closed the door, then turned to me.
"What the fuck was all that about?"
"She's looking for Carrie, cause Carrie ran away. It's partly my fault." Mark groaned.
"What did you do?"
"Last Friday, Tre was having a movie night party thing, and we all got drunk and high, and Carrie was supposed to leave at a certain time. She left way after that time, and so I walked her home the rest of the way after I noticed she left. I went in with her cause she didn't want me to go back to Tre's by myself, and I passed out on her bed."
"And what else?"
"Her dad woke us up by freaking out and kicked me out of the house. Then Carrie left cause he scared the shit out of her, I'm guessing. She ran away and stayed with Pepper for a couple of days."
"Who's she staying with now?"
"Tre." Mark sighed.
"Why didn't you tell that woman where she was?" I shrugged.
"Because, they want her to switch schools now. Carrie doesn't want to, and she's scared too go home anyway." I went back over to the phone and dialed Billie's number. It rang a little bit, and he answered.
"Hello?" He sounded a bit angry.
"Hey Beej, guess what just happened to--"
"I don't want to talk to you, you back-stabbing son of a bitch." I furrowed my brow in confusion. That's not usually how he greets me--even if he's joking.
"Huh?" I asked in confusion.
"You fucking fucked my ex-girlfriend, you jackass." Oh, damn. Now he thinks I did too.
"No, no, I didn't. I swear. Did her Mom tell you that?"
"Did you get a visitor?" How did... oh. He sent her over then.
"Yeah, I did. Carrie's Mom. You sent her over here, didn't you?"
"How the fuck do you think you can--"
"I did not fuck her! I walked her home because she was high off her ass! I wanted to make sure she was okay! I fell asleep before she did, and I swear, that's the truth!"
"Then why the fuck did her Mom say her husband found you two in bed together?"
"Because I fell asleep in her bed, dumbass! Her dad just assumed we had sex with our clothes on cause he's an idiot!" There was silence for a minute. I guess Billie felt dumb.
"Oh..."
"Yeah, apology accepted."
"... Did you tell her Mom where she was?"
"No. I couldn't. Did you?"
"No. I sent her to your house cause she wanted to know where you lived, and I thought you had sex with Carrie."
"Oh. Well I didn't. Her Mom's psychotic."
"Fuck yeah she is. She fucking grabbed me by my shirt and was like, 'if you don't tell me where she is, I'll make sure you never have a future.'"
"Holy shit. That is psychotic. And you still didn't tell?"
"No. I'm not gonna rat on her like that, even if she does hate me." There was a beeping on my phone, which meant I had another call.
"Hey, hang on dude. I got another call."
"Hey, just call me back. I'm working on a song."
"Okay." He hung up and clicked over on the other line. "Hello?"
"Mike?" It was Carrie. Oh shit, what if her Mom found her at Tre's?
"Carrie, are you okay?"
"Yeah... no. I'm not going home. My Mom wants to move and I don't want to."
"Did she look for you at Tre's?"
"No, why? Did she look for me at your house?"
"Yes, and Billie's." Carrie groaned.
"He probably told her I was at Tre's."
"Actually, no, he didn't. You know your Mom is psychotic?"
"Yeah... why, what'd she do?"
"She freakin' threatened Billie if he didn't tell her where you were."
"... And he still didn't tell?"
"Nope."
"Wow..." I could practically see the smile on her face.
"I understand if you don't want to go home, and me and my step-dad are perfectly okay about it if you wanna come stay with us for a while, until you can find somewhere permanently."
"Really?"
"What?" Mark asked. I guess he was listening to my conversation.
"Yeah."
"Thanks Mike. I think Tre's getting a little tired of me anyway."
"Am not!" I heard Tre yell in the background. Carrie laughed. She had a cute laugh.
"Are you sure I wouldn't be a burden?"
"Of course you wouldn't. I'm inviting you, so you can."
"Wow. Thank you Mike."
"It's the least I can do for getting you in so much trouble."
"Okay, I'll get my stuff packed and be over there."
"Okay. Bye."
"Bye." I hung up the phone, and Mark looked at me with a raised eyebrow. I smiled sheepishly and clasped my hands together in a begging way.
"Please? It's just for a little while. 'Til she can find an apartment or something." Mark sighed.
"Fine. I guess it's okay."
"Yay!" I cheered. I suddenly remembered I had to call Billie back. Ooh, wait... this might not be the best arrangement. He really confuses me. I picked up the phone and dialed Billie's number.
"Mike?"
"Yup. I called Carrie."
"... Did her Mom go over to Tre's?"
"No. Carrie told me that her parents said that they were moving, and she's not going back home cause she doesn't wanna move."
"Shit, that's not cool."
"Yeah. So... she's gonna be staying with me for a while... until she finds an apartment or something." There was silence... damn, I guess I shouldn't have told him that.
"She's gonna be staying with you?"
"... Yeah... is that okay? She felt like she was a burden on Tre's parents, so I offered, you know?"
"... I guess so."
"Okay... she's gonna be over in a little bit."
"Okay. I gotta go. I'll call you later, okay?"
"... Okay. Bye." I guess he wasn't okay with Carrie staying here. I hung up the phone and sighed.
"I'm going to the store. Want anything?" Mark asked, opening the front door.
"Yeah, get me a Dr. Pepper." He nodded and left the house while I sat on the couch, thinking about all kinds of shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you didn't know, it was in Billie Joe's point of view to start with. The second part is in Mike's POV. I just really hate having to label the junk.