Words I Might Have Ate

I'm Burning Up And Out And Growing Bored

"So, what happened?" I asked as we entered Billie Joe's room, which I missed being in, even though it was far from clean. I took a seat on the edge of his bed and stared at Mike and Tre.
"Nothing too serious Carrie," Mike assured me, sitting next to me on the bed. "Brad just wanted him to finish the dishes by himself, and he wasn't too happy about the idea that we're all spending the night." I shrugged.
"He's an ass. He'll get over it." Tre nodded with a smile.
"Thank you! Someone finally sees it my way." I smiled in return.
"I see it your way too Tre," Mike objected. "It's just that... it's better to... oh fuck it." I laughed a bit.
"When's Ollie coming home?" I asked. Everything was better when Billie's Mom was home. Brad didn't act too much like an asshole around her.
"I don't know. I'll ask Billie when he comes up." We heard stomping from in the hallway and passing the door was the asshole--the other asshole, Brad.
"I'm gonna go finish helping Billie," Mike sighed, getting up from the bed. I smiled smugly at him as he walked out the door. Tre walked over to Billie's dresser and opened up one of the drawers.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Looking for a shirt you can wear."
"Oh, shirts are in the second drawer," I told him, pointing to the second drawer. He gave me a 'how did you know' look, and I just shrugged. I often borrowed his clothes when we were going out. I liked to wear them for fun. He pulled out a black Ramones shirt and tossed it at me.
"Okay, miss smart one, where are his boxers?" I smiled and shook my head.
"Tre, I can't wear his clothes. He'll get so pissed at me." He shook his head.
"Nah, he won't. Remember, he doesn't really hate you."
"Well, I don't wanna be bitched at by him."
"Carrie, you worry too much. Just wear the fucking clothes. Now which one has his boxers?" I pointed to the last drawer, and he nodded. He pulled out some black silk ones that I personally adored, and tossed them at me.
"Thank you Tre," I smiled. He half-shrugged and nodded.
"No problem. So, you gonna go take a shower, or what?" I nodded and got up from the bed after taking off my shoes. I walked out of the room, and into the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind me. The house was filled with guys, and I was paranoid.

God, I hate that stupid, motherfucking, asshole. And he calls himself a stepfather? Why can't he be like Mark? Mark's cool. He doesn't give Mike an attitude or treat him like shit.
"What does your Mom see in him?" Mike asked, handing me a plate to rinse off. I just shrugged and rubbed the cloth over it in a circular motion.
"I honestly don't know."
"I hope you're not too mad at me for letting Carrie spend the night." I shook my head and put the plate in the cabinet where it belonged.
"No, I'm not mad." We were kinda silent after that as we continued to wash and rinse the dishes. Nothing more was said until we were done, and we headed back upstairs into my room. I stopped in my doorway and gave Tre a questioning look.
"... Where's Carrie?" I asked.
"In the shower." I perked up a bit at that. She had a lot of common sense though, so I knew she locked the door. Plus, I didn't want her to think I turned into some creepy pervert... even though I was already a pervert. I just didn't want her to think I was creepy.
"Wait, she didn't bring any clothes..."
"I know. I gave her some of yours."
"Good thing you asked for his permission Tre," Mike joked, going to sit down on my bed.
"Hey, right back at ya Mike!" Tre retorted. That made me laugh. Mike just glared at Tre.
"Anyway, when's your Mom coming home Billie?" I sat next to Mike on the bed and sighed.
"I think around nine, or something."
"What, she didn't say on the phone?" Tre asked.
"She did. I just can't remember."
"We've all been there," Mike chuckled. I nodded in agreement. "So, are we gonna go over that new song you wrote some more?" I nodded. "And all day tomorrow 'til that night?" I nodded again.
"We're gonna practice 'til we get it down." Tre and Mike groaned. I just smiled.
"We're gonna need a lot of sugar then," Tre sighed.
"Do you even have an idea of what it'll sound like?" I thought for a minute, then nodded.
"Yeah, kinda." I was surprised he didn't ask who it was about. Tre and Mike had read the lyrics when we were having band practice in the basement, and they both gave me strange looks about it, but I just shrugged them off, and we got to playing.
"... So, who's the song about?" Mike asked.
"The person in the shower," I answered nonchalantly. Mike and Tre nodded.
"Since there's nothing else to do, what do ya say we go over it some more, and you can show us that beat you gots in your head?" Tre suggested. That was actually a good idea. I nodded and got up from my bed. The papers and stuff were still in the garage. I went downstairs and into the kitchen, then into the garage.
I wanted us to know the song and get it down completely for tomorrow night. Not just because I'm sure the crowd would love something new, but for another reason too. Carrie was gonna be there, and I wanted her to hear how I've been aching since she broke up with me. I didn't have enough courage to tell her to her face, so I figured I'd sing it to a lot of people and maybe she'd get the idea.
I grabbed the papers I left down there and went back into the house, then back upstairs into my room. Mike had made himself comfortable on my bed, and Tre was laying next to him. I put the papers on my desk and walked over to my closet to get my acoustic guitar. I got it and sat down on the floor in front of my bed.
"Hey, hand me the papers." Tre reached over on my desk and handed me the papers. It was that song that I was writing when I thought Mike had slept with Carrie. I titled it, 'Words I Might Have Ate.'

I turned off the water in the shower and reached for a towel on the counter near the sink. I felt all clean and happy... ish. I stepped out of the shower and wrapped the towel around my body. I dried myself, then took another towel from the rack to put around my hair, since it was soaking wet.
I wondered what the guys were doing, but then again, I was scared to know. They were probably just sitting around, drinking beer, which is what they typically do when they're not practicing, or not getting high. Actually, they'll drink beer while they're high, but Billie doesn't have any more weed. Haha. I laugh at them.
I wrapped the towel around my hair and slipped on Billie's silk, black boxers. Whenever me and Billie Joe were daring, I would sometimes spend the night at his house whenever my parents would think I was somewhere else for the night. Anyway, I would just wear his clothes cause I liked to, and he didn't mind. He said I looked sexy in his clothes, but then he was like, "just not sexier than me."I was like, "sure..."
I pulled his shirt over my towel-head, grabbed my clothes that I was wearing before, and walked out of the bathroom. I shivered a bit, cause it was cold in the hallway--you know, since all that mist and shit was in the bathroom.
I really didn't want to go back into Billie's room, cause it would've been kinda awkward... for me, anyway. I'd be interrupting whatever they were doing, and the whole atmosphere would be... awkward. Heh. I seem like a very awkward person, huh?
I sighed and lightly knocked on Billie's door, even though it was slightly open. I slowly pushed the door open all the way and saw Billie on the floor with his acoustic, and Mike and Tre on the bed. I kinda just stood there for a second--awkwardly.
Billie Joe put down his guitar and got up from the floor, then walked out of the room. I sighed and walked over to the side of the bed, setting my clothes down on the floor.
"What were you guys doing that I ruined?"
"Eh, nothing much," Mike answered. "Beej was just experimenting on his guitar for a new song he wrote."
"Yeah, he wants us to learn it by tomorrow night so we can play it." I raised my brow in surprise.
"Wow. How long does it usually take you guys to learn new things he comes up with?" Tre shrugged.
"Like, a couple of days, or more. Depends, you know?" I nodded. Mike scooted over for me so I could sit down. I thanked him and took a seat next to him. Mike leaned over next to me and took a deep sniff. I gave him a weird look and he just smiled.
"You smell good." Tre nodded. I smiled.
"Thanks." I stretched my arms out in front of me and let out a yawn.
"So, who ya sleeping with?" Tre asked. I shrugged and pointed to Mike.
"You tired?" Mike asked, smiling a bit. I shook my head.
"Where are we sleeping Mike?" He shrugged and looked around, then started rubbing the back of his neck.
"Um... I guess we could make a palette or something on the floor. Either that, or I convince Billie to let all of us sleep in his bed." His bed was big enough for all of us, but I knew he would object to me sleeping in it.
"Good luck with that Mike." He shrugged.
"It won't take much. You just gotta know how to negotiate with him." He smiled slyly and arose from the bed, then went downstairs.

A couple of hours later, Billie's Mom had come home, saw me here and was shocked and kinda excited at the same time. Then she found out that we still weren't dating, and she was just like, '... Oh. Nice to see you again Carrie.' It was kinda awkward. Oh yeah, and after she got home, Billie Joe's idiot step-dad quit bitching at us. That was a relief.
Billie Joe, Mike, and Tre were all up in Billie Joe's room, working on that new song. He kinda wouldn't let them do anything else. It was kinda creepy, actually. He really wanted to play it tomorrow night. I wonder what it's about. I was in the kitchen, getting something to eat. Ollie, Billie Joe's Mom, said I could.
While we were in the kitchen, she was asking me questions about the whole, 'me and Billie' situation, and she was telling me how it was eating away at him and everything. It made me feel a little bad for him. I didn't tell her he was treating me like shit though, cause I knew she'd want to talk to him about that and everything. I didn't want to add on to our problems.
It was about 9:47 and I was still in the kitchen. I figured I'd wait 'til one of the guys came downstairs before I would go up there and disturb them for the umpteenth time today. I didn't want anymore awkwardness. Ollie had already gone back upstairs--I'm guessing to go to sleep, but I don't know how she's gonna do that with them up there awake. They get loud... especially when they're drinking.
I sighed and got up from the kitchen table, and went into the living room to sit down on the couch. I figured I'd watch some Tv while I waited for someone to come downstairs. I turned on the Tv with the remote and flipped through the channels. I eventually stopped on "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" cause Will Smith is pretty funny.
I made myself comfortable on the couch and laughed occasionally at something Will would say, or something stupid Carlton would say. I was actually having a better time by myself in Billie's living room than actually being with all of them together.
After a while, I grew bored and sleepy. I get sleepy when I'm bored and doing nothing. I'm sure everyone gets like that... Well, yeah. The last thing I remember seeing was Will slapping Carlton upside the head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah... it gets better after this, I believe. I've said that a couple of times already, but I really don't remember.