Words I Might Have Ate

Now I Dwell On What You Remind Me Of

I got inside and I didn't have it with Pepper--class, I mean--but I did have class with one of Billie Joe's best friends, Mike. He was kind of cute. He had crystal blue eyes and cinnamon brown hair that moved swiftly through the breeze. Okay, cute was an understatement. He was sexy, but I loved Billie Joe at the time. I still do, but he doesn't seem to like me anymore.
I sat down in my desk which was next to Mike's. We sometimes talked in class. He was actually interesting to talk to. We mainly talked about music, but the topic of Billie Joe would always come up. He came in the classroom and sat down in his desk.
"Hey," he greeted. I smiled and waved. "I heard about what happened in Art. Sorry about him."
"Why is he such a prick now?" Mike shrugged.
"He's just still mad about you breaking up with him. He doesn't know why you did and that pisses him off."
"And you know all this, how?" He shrugged.
"I can read him like a book. Plus, he tells me stuff all the time when we're high. It's kinda funny actually, cause he won't shut up about you." I smiled and think I may have blushed. "I don't mind though." I know I blushed after he said that. He just smiled at me.
"So he still misses me?" Mike nodded. "Then why won't he ask me out again?" Mike shrugged.
"He's just simple-minded like that. I don't know why he won't."
"He turned everyone against me except Pepper." Mike smiled smugly.
"I'm not against you if that makes you feel any better." I smiled again.
"Thanks Mike. Doesn't he get mad that you're not on his side?" Mike chuckled.
"What Billie doesn't know, won't hurt him." He winked at me and I smiled again. "You're cute when you smile, you know that?" I could feel myself blush again. "You're cute when you blush too."
"Thanks," I smiled. He smiled as well. The rest of the class, we just talked a bit. Mike was really sweet and funny. His and Billie Joe's friend Tre was wild, but nice at the same time.
Class had ended and me and Mike walked into the hallway where Pepper and Billie Joe were waiting. Pepper was waiting for me, of course, and Billie Joe was waiting for Mike. He also had to make a stupid comment to me to make his day worth while.
"Fucking asshole," Pepper growled, sneering at him. He just sneered right back and he and Mike walked off. "I don't know how he's friends with such a sweet guy like Mike. He doesn't have an ounce of asshole in him." I shrugged.
"Remember though, he didn't used to be a regular asshole." Pepper nodded.
"Yeah, sure." We walked to our next class--thankfully, Billie Joe wasn't in there with us, but Tre was. He called himself 'Tre Cool.' I never asked why. Neither of us knew his real name. Even the teacher called him Tre, but that's because the teacher's cool like that.
Pepper and I sat down in our desks and just chatted for a minute. She could strike up the most random conversation about anything.
"Hold your applause people, Tre Cool has arrived!" Pepper and I looked to the doorway and Tre was standing there, striking a pose. I laughed. He was so weird. I remember when me and Billie Joe were going out, Tre would always tag along and do the weirdest shit.
One time, Billie dared him to eat a snail like the French do, and Tre said, "I can't! He's not just a snail! He's my lover!" Then he kissed the snail's shell all dramatic like and shit. It was weird. He'll do anything. It's like he can't turn down a dare.
Tre came and sat down in his chair which was next to Pepper's, which was close to mine. He waved to me and I waved back. Sometimes I thought Tre and Pepper had a thing for each other, but Pepper said they were strictly buddies. Tre would say 'fuck buddies' and sometimes Pepper would agree. I would just laugh.
Tre was daing someone anyway and so was Pepper. Pepper was going steady with someone who didn't go to our school, but she saw him whenever she got home and woke up because he lived with her behind her parent's back. How, I didn't know.
"Heylo Carrie," Tre smirked. I smiled back and waved.
"Hey Tre."
"Heylo my gorgeous fuck buddy Pepper," Tre smirked at Pepper. She smirked back and waved.
"You know, if I tell my boyfriend you're hitting on me, he'll kick your ass up and down the street," she smiled.
"Hm... how far up will his foot go?" I laughed and so did Pepper.
"God, I love you. You're so funny." Tre grinned.
"I know. I'm sexy too, don't forget that." I just laughed again. "Come on Carrie, you know I'm sexy."
"Yeah, so did that snail you kissed." Tre laughed as he remembered that.
"Oh yeah. I forgot about that." Pepper laughed.
"You kissed a snail?" Tre nodded.
"Billie wanted me to eat it, but I couldn't." Pepper shot a look towards Tre and I saw her motion for him to drop it. She knew I didn't like to talk about Billie Joe, but actually... I did. Even though he's an asshole now, I still like to reminisce on the good times we had.
I put my head down in my arms and tried to go to sleep. Pepper tapped my shoulder but I shook my head. It wasn't that his name brought back memories and it upset me, but I was just tired and didn't feel like paying attention in History. What did I possibly need to know? I usually slept though that class cause there was nothing else to do. Pepper and Tre would always talk, so I had nothing else to do.
I heard the bell ring so I slowly picked my head up from my arms and rubbed my eyes.
"Have a good sleep?" Pepper asked. I nodded. We, meaning Pepper, Tre and I walked out of the classroom, and once again, Billie Joe was waiting. Of course, not for me and Pepper, but for Tre. Mike was with him though. Mike waved at me so I waved back at him. I saw Billie Joe give him a weird look and Mike smiled.
Me and Pepper walked outside of the building using one of the hallway doors. There was a spot where all the kids would go to smoke and hangout in-between classes called 'The Wall.' Well, not all the kids went there. Me, Pepper, Billie Joe, Mike, Tre and a couple of other dudes would go there to just sit, smoke or skip.
I had fourth period with Billie Joe in the Science lab, so I really didn't want to go to class. One, it was lame, and two, I didn't feel like being bitched at. Hopefully he wouldn't be trying to skip too. Me and Pepper made it to the wall and she pulled out a pack of cigarettes.
"You want one?" I shook my head.
"You know I don't smoke." She snorted and pulled out one.
"Oh yeah, cause you're a little wussy." I shook my head with a smile and made myself comfortable on the concrete. She pulled out her lighter, lit her cig and took a long drag, then blew out the smoke.
"I hope Billie doesn't come out here," I sighed. Pepper sat down next to me and tapped her cig.
"But then a part of you does, huh?" I nodded. I heard footsteps behind us and prayed that it wasn't Billie Joe.
"Hey girls." I turned around and sighed in relief when I saw it was just Jimmy, a regular at The Wall. Jimmy was cool. He had a bluish, reddish mohawk thing going on. Sometimes he spiked it, sometimes he didn't. It was a big mohawk too.
"Hey Jimmy baby," Pepper greeted as he sat down next to her.
"Whatcha skipping today girls?"
"Science," I said tonelessly.
"Math," Pepper answered. I chuckled.
"Aren't you failing Math?" She smiled and put her finger to her lips.
"No one needs to know that." I laughed.
"Hey, you got another smoke?" Jimmy asked Pepper. She nodded and handed him a cigarette. "You got a light?" Pepper rolled her eyes.
"No, I don't have a lighter. I struck my cigarette on the side of the building and it lit up."
"Really? I gotta try that sometime," Jimmy chuckled. "In the meantime, I'd like a lighter." Pepper handed him her lighter and he lit his cigarette.
"You guys are gonna die one day," I stated.
"You should go tell that to your ex."
"He doesn't even smoke anymore."
"I know. He's gonna die from being an asshole. I'm gonna shoot him." I laughed and shook my head.
"You better not Pepper."
"Who's your ex?" Jimmy asked. I sighed.
"You know Billie Joe Armstrong, right?" A grin spread across his face and he nodded.
"Oh, two dollar bill?" I rolled my eyes and nodded. They gave him the nickname 'Two Dollar Bill' cause he sold joints to people for two dollars. I didn't mind. I just thought it was kinda of retarded, yet catchy. "Wow, I didn't know you dated him."
"Oh my God Jimmy, where the hell have you been?" Pepper asked.
"Alternative, remember?"
"Oh yeah," I smiled. "Why'd you go? I forgot."
"Fights, skipped too many times, and other pointless shit." Me and Pepper nodded. "So when did you guys start dating?" I sighed again.
"At the beginning of the year. Seven months, two weeks and five days we went. I broke up with him Monday."
"Oh. Why?"
"A lot of reasons."
"She still loves him though," Pepper informed him. I glared at her and she shrugged. "Now he treats her like shit. He's an asshole now." Jimmy furrowed his brow.
"Two Dollar Bill an asshole? Hmm... that doesn't sound like him." I shrugged.
"He's just mad at me." Jimmy took one last drag and stamped out his cigarette.
"Well, I gotta go find him. Business."
"If he's not out here, then he's not skipping." Jimmy shrugged.
"I'll find a way to get him out of class." I laughed lightly and Jimmy got up from where he was sitting and went back into the building.
"Now it's just you and me Carrie," Pepper sighed, blowing smoke out of her mouth. I nodded and stared at the ground. "What's wrong?" I shrugged.
"Nothing." All the talk about Billie Joe was making me think of all the good times we had; All the talks and walks we had. I told him personal things that no one else knew about me except Pepper. Now he holds that information and I have no idea what he'll do with it. I sometimes get scared that he'll tell people.
Then again, I think of the sweet and trusting side of him that I knew and hope to God he won't tell anyone. One of the things I told him was really personal and was hard for me to talk about. I started crying when I told him.
Of course, you don't know what it is. I had a best friend named Sid when I was eleven. He was thirteen at the time, but we were best friends and did the stupidest shit together. I loved Sid. He was really my only friend back then. One day, we were supposed to hang out at the park we always went to, but his Mom wouldn't let him leave the house. Later on, I saw an ambulance leave his driveway. The next day I found out he was in the hospital with heart failure.
He died a week later on March 28th. March was always a hard month for me, so that's one reason that I broke up with Billie Joe. I thought he would understand, but I guess he was too selfish to.
I missed Sid a lot. A lot of my relationships ended because of my past memories. I didn't blame Sid though. I blamed myself for not being able to let go.
"Hey," Pepper asked, breaking my train of thought. "You okay?" I nodded. "Let's blow this pop stand."
"Where we will go?" Pepper shrugged.
"Who gives a shit? At least we'll be gone." I shook my head.
"As much as I like to see my parents pissed off, this is where I say no. If I get caught skipping school, I'll die in the corner of my room with my sister laughing at me."
"So? You're skipping class right now."
"Yeah, but that's class. Skipping school is different Pepper." She sighed and rolled her eyes.
"Fine. Be a little pussy." She took another drag on her cigarette and blew the smoke in my face, which made me cough.
"Pepper!" She laughed and pointed at me while I was gasping for air. "Second hand smoke gives me sore throats! I don't like having sore throats."
"Aw, I'm sorry Carrie. I didn't mean to make your throat sore."
"Yeah, whatever, you dumb bitch."
"Whore."
"Slut."
"Billie penis sucker!" I burst into laughter at that. We always played around like that.
"I told you already, I never gave him head."
"Yeah, but you'd like to, huh?" I shook my head.
"I don't want any guy's dick in my mouth. Maybe you like it, but I certainly don't." Pepper's eyes widened.
"You did it before?"
"No! Why'd you ask that?"
"Because you said you don't like it."
"That doesn't mean I tried it before."
"Well you have to try something before you say you don't like it." I sighed.
"I've never done it before, and I never will." Pepper rolled her eyes.
"Whatever. Hey, you wanna hear a blonde joke?" I groaned.
"Is it a dirty one?" She nodded. "Fine."
♠ ♠ ♠
I edited this chapter also. I still don't like it though.