Words I Might Have Ate

The Love I Bitched About

"Hey, pass me the joint," I ordered, snatching it anyway from Eggplant's mouth. It was good to have him back, and I missed him and all, but he wouldn't shut up with the questions about me and Carrie. I just wanted him to stop. I felt bad enough, and he was making it worse. That's why I decided to get some pot from Jimmy and get us all lit.
 
It was just me, Tre, and Eggplant, since Mike claimed he was too 'busy' to get stoned with us. Asshole. I took a long puff from my joint and coughed out the smoke.
 
"Fuck," I coughed some more. Tre and Egg just laughed at me and I flicked them both off.
 
"Ooh, I'd be glad to Billie," Tre giggled, unzipping his shorts.
 
"No, you dumbass! Put 'em back on!" Egg and Tre laughed some more, and I soon joined them.
 
"Goddamn, I miss times like these," Egg smiled, putting his arms around me and Tre. I chuckled and took his arm off from around me.
 
"Getting a little too friendly there Egg." He chuckled.
 
"You still swing on both sides of the playground Beej?"
 
"Yeah, but you're my friend, not my fuck-buddy."
 
"I haven't gotten to fuck my fuck-buddy yet," Tre pouted. I laughed.
 
"That's sad. Who is it?" He smirked.
 
"Pepper." I chuckled.
 
"Yeah, she's--" I got cut off from hearing the phone ringing--at least I think it was ringing. I slowly got up from the floor and walked to the phone. I picked it up and said, "Billie's bakery, where you get baked more than cake! How can I service you?" Egg and Tre started laughing, and I did too. I couldn't help it.

"Billie? What the hell? Are you stoned?" It was Mike.

"No, I'm not stoned yet. Just really high."

"Oh... well guess what? I'm going out with Carrie!"
 
"Okay, bring me something when you guys get back."
 
"No dumb--" I hung up the phone and sat down on the couch instead of the floor.
 
"Who was it?" Egg asked.
 
"Mike. He said he's going to the store with Carrie, so he can't come over to get high with us."

"I don't know about you guys, but I have the munchies!" Tre sang. I nodded.
 
"Me too."
 
"Food!" Egg shouted, and I looked at him weirdly with a smile.

"You do have food, right Bill?" Tre asked.
 
"Um... Yeah, my Mom went to the store the other day."

"Sweet." He got up from the floor and walked into the kitchen, me and Eggplant following. You'd think I would lead, since it was my house.
 

 
It was very cool that Mike wanted to go out with me, but also very awkward. I mean, I was staying with him. He didn't try anything, but that made it even more awkward. I wanted him to try something, but at the same time, I didn't want him to.
 
I was so confused with myself about the whole Billie Joe thing. I knew I still loved him, but I also liked Mike. I didn't know what I wanted anymore.
 
It was the next day, and I must say, it was starting off... you know. I shouldn't even have to say it anymore. (Awkward, for you slow people) In Art, Billie seemed either distracted, tired, or upset. I couldn't tell.
 
Mike said that he tried to call Billie and tell him the news, but Billie didn't understand cause he was high, so he hung up on Mike.
 
Anyway, after Art was English, which I had with Mike. Instead of talking, we passed notes back and forth so we wouldn't get detention again. He had asked me if I was okay with going out with him, and honestly, I had to think about that for a little bit. I figured since Billie wouldn't ask me back out, I was kinda okay... and I did like Mike, so it wouldn't be like I was using him.
 
Billie hadn't suspected anything because me and Mike didn't do anything. We didn't even hold hands. It was weird. All we did was hug, but I hug everybody, so he didn't think anything of it. At least I think he didn't...
 
Mike walked me to my third class, along with Tre and Pepper while Eggy, Billie, and Jimmy went to their classes on their own. Pepper and Tre went into the classroom without me while Mike pulled me aside somewhere. He held my hands in his and looked at me straight in the eyes.
 
"Carrie, are you sure you're okay going steady with me?" I looked down at his hands and nodded.
 
"I'll just have to adjust, but I do like you Mike." He smiled and placed his lips on my lips. I was a bit shocked, but at the same time, happy it happened. There was no tongue. It was just like at Billie's house on the couch. Nothing too serious.
 
When Mike pulled away, I couldn't help but smile. He smiled as well and walked me to my class. He kissed my cheek before saying 'bye' and walked to his class while I walked inside mine with a stupid smile on my face.

"What's up with you?" Pepper asked.
 
"Yeah, you look high," Tre added. I sat down in my seat and shook my head to their comments.

"Carrie, come on, you're creeping me out."

"I'm going out with Mike." Tre and Pepper gasped.
 
"What?"

"Does busted lip Bill know?" I shook my head. Pepper and Tre exchanged glances and smiled.
 
"I knew you had a thing for him. I'm smart like that."

"Yeah, and Mike really likes you," Tre sighed. "He tells me all the time." I smiled.
 
"He kissed me before he went to class."

"Damn, he sure is eager," Tre chuckled. "But then again, he hasn't gotten laid in a while."

"Oh Tre, shut up," Pepper laughed. "Mike has ways to satisfy himself just like you and busted lip Bill." I sighed.

"Oh, come on with the nickname. His lip doesn't even look that bad anymore."
 
"It's funny though," Pepper grinned. I just rolled my eyes.
 
 
 
It was the end of the school day, and I was gonna walk home with Mike. It's not like I never did before, but it was different this time, cause we were 'together'... as an 'item.' We all walked home together, but it was still weird.
 
Billie went with Egg to his house, Pepper went with Tre, Jimmy went to his house, and me and Mike... walked home, since I was staying with him. It was kinda weird, but I got over it. After everyone else went home, Mike put his arm around my back and I put my arm around his.
 
"So, are you gonna tell Billie about us?" I asked once inside the house. He shrugged.
 
"If you want me to." I kinda didn't want Mike to, but I knew Billie would find out some way or another. He can be smart and figure things out, or people could be dumbasses and tell him (Tre). I just shrugged.
 
"You think he'll get pissed?" I asked. He shrugged.

"He's pretty unpredictable, and I learned that over the weekend." I smiled a bit. From what Mike told me, Billie had gone insane...
 
"... I guess you could if you want. He'll find out some other way anyway."
 
"Well, are you sure, cause we don't know what his reaction's gonna be." I smiled.
 
"You're too damn sweet Mike. Get mean." He chuckled.

"Okay then. Get me some crackers, beyatch." I laughed.
 
"Not that kind of mean Mike."
 
"Okay. Give me some sex, beyatch." I laughed again.
 
"Don't think so Mikey boy."
 
"Ah, don't start giving me weird nicknames like you did with Billie." I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Fine Mike. I must warn you though, I don't take any shit... you know that from Billie." Mike nodded.
 
"Yeah, I know. I'm not gonna give you any shit, so you don't need to worry about that." I smiled.
 
"Good." He sighed with a smile, and we just kinda locked eyes for a minute.

"So, what do you wanna do right now?" he suddenly asked, breaking our stare. I shrugged.

"Wanna watch a movie, or something?" He nodded.
 
"What movie?" I shrugged. I crawled off the couch and over to Mike's Tv to look in the cabinets to browse for the movies.

Me and Egg made it to his house and just sat on the couch. I didn't wanna go to Mike's, or hang with Mike cause he was acting really weird all day. It bugged me, so I decided to hang with Egg.
 
"So Beej... whatcha wanna do?" Egg asked. I shrugged.
 
"I wanna get my girlfriend back."
 
"How the hell did you guys break up?" I sighed.

"I really don't know. She gave me a stupid ass reason... saying she was going through a tough time, or something because it was the month that her 'old best friend' died... six years ago."
 
"Ouch... and that's it?" I nodded slowly, looking down at my shoes. "Man... I thought you guys would never break up." I shrugged with a sigh.

"That's life, I suppose."

"I could help you get her back. She'll listen to me." I snorted.

"She would barely listen to me. How is she gonna listen to you?" Egg smiled.

"Cause I'm her friend, and I'm persuasive, and I know things about people..." I rolled my eyes.
 
"You're not blackmailing her to go back out with me." He chuckled.
 
"Okay, I actually don't know things... but I can pretend I do." I laughed. "Do you guys at least still talk?" I shook my head. Having an insult war isn't necessarily a delightful conversation, so I wouldn't really call it talking... more like yelling anyway. Egg then stared at me.

"Have you even tried to ask her out?" I just stayed silent and stared at my shoes. "Oh my God BJ, what happened to you when I was gone?" Egg groaned.
 
"I tried honestly, but I... chickened out. I'm scared she'll say no. I don't want to hear that from her." Egg groaned again.
 
"You have to do it. Do it tomorrow. The sooner, the better." I stumbled over the words I was looking for to say before I replied.
 
"... What if she doesn't--"
 
"Dude, trust me, she does. I can tell that, and I've only been back for a day." I chuckled a bit.
 
"Well you know best, don't you Eggy?" He shrugged with a smile.

"But seriously, pull her aside from everyone else, or call her out of class, or something, and tell her how you still feel about her, then ask her back out. Or write her a note and put it in her locker--do something."
 
"Okay, okay. I will."
 
"You better promise me man," he said firmly, pointing at me. "Or it's your ass that's going to suffer emotionally, and physically." I chuckled again.

"Okay, okay Egg. I understand. I'll ask her tomorrow."
 
"You sure she's single?" I nodded.
 
"She'd be walking around with some guy in the hallways, trying to make me jealous if she wasn't." Egg nodded.
 
"Hey, I got some bars. You want some?" I shook my head.

"Nah, I'm not into that shit. I didn't know you were though." He shrugged.
 
"A friend of mine in San Jose gave me some, and they were pretty decent. I liked how they made me feel." I just stared at him, and he sighed. "Okay, I got some pot too." I smiled and nodded.

"That's what I'm talking about."
♠ ♠ ♠
It goes from Billie Joe's POV to Carrie's, then back to Billie Joe's. Confusing a bit, maybe.
Thanks for reading! COMMENT!