Words I Might Have Ate

What the Hey?

Egg and I were currently eating breakfast and drinking orange juice to make our sickly feeling stomachs go away. I didn't remember much from last night. I was messed up. I hope I didn't do anything stupid... or extremely gay.

"Mike's party was awesome," Egg sighed. I shrugged.

"It was alright... I wouldn't call it awesome."

"Probably cause you don't remember shit," Egg chuckled. I nodded with a smile.

"I don't."

"Dude, you came out of nowhere and found me and were like, "I just took six shots! I think I'm gonna ralph!'" I laughed a bit.

"Really? I hope I didn't sound like a jackass the entire night." Egg chuckled. "Yeah, I remember wanting to get pretty shit-faced, I know that. And I did, apparently, cause I don't really remember anything."

"That's what you call a party." I nodded. "Hey, you know we had school today? Yesterday was the party that no one throws anymore." I nodded.

"I know. Remember, I'm dropping out. And even if I wasn't, I'm not gonna go to school just for half an hour." Egg nodded.

"Yeah..." I scratched the top of my head when bits and pieces of the party came back to me. I remember throwing up... Carrie was there also... Oh God, I hope I didn't do anything stupid... "Dude, I remember throwing up and Carrie was there..." Egg's eyes widened.

"Really? I thought you didn't wanna see her?" I shrugged.

"I didn't... I remember I looked at her, then threw up." Egg burst into laughter.

"Dude, she's not that repulsive." I chuckled.

"She's not repulsive at all. I threw up 'cause I was sick... I'm still trying to figure out why I was with her in the first place." Egg shrugged.

"Maybe you guys were about to have sex or something." I shook my head. I hope we weren't. I would feel horrible, but great at the same time; horrible because it would've been her first time, and we were both drunk, and great because I'd be the one that took her virginity, and we could have another shot at us. Then it hit me--we made out in her room.

"We made out... a lot..."

"You serious dude?" Egg asked, shocked. I nodded. "Wow... wonder what will happen if Mike finds out." I snorted.

"Mike's not gonna do shit. And if he does, I'll kick his ass." Egg sighed.

"Man, you guys just keep going back and forth at each other. I can't believe you're both fighting over a girl."

"She was mine first." Egg rolled his eyes.

"Dude, can't you move on?" I only stared at him. "Right, dumb question..." I nodded.

* * *

Mike and I were currently on no speaking terms, which made it a little difficult to communicate. He didn't wanna talk to me because I macked with Billie and made it seem like no big deal. I did think it was a big deal. He was just... taking it the wrong way... not that there's really a right way to take it. Still, he was being a total jerk.

I was on the phone with Pepper because I had realized that me and Mike didn't go to school.

"Dude, you know there was so many people absent today? Half of my Gym class was gone." I laughed.

"That was some party last night." Pepper gasped.

"You had a party and didn't invite me?"

"I did! You said you couldn't go anywhere, remember?" Hopefully she believed me. I had totally forgot to call my Pepper yesterday.

"Ohh yeah, I remember... you called when me and Brett were in the middle of doing things, and you heard him moan in the background."

"Yeah," I agreed.

"I didn't even see Brett yesterday, liar!" I laughed.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to call."

"Eh, whatever. I don't care. So how was the party?"

"It was fun... I got really drunk and danced..." Pepper laughed.

"Was the dumbass there?"

"Yeah... that's why me and Mike aren't speaking right now."

"What happened? Please don't tell me you did something with Billie."

"... Well, we kinda made-out..."

"OH MY GOD CARRIE! What the hell were you thinking?"

"I wasn't thinking of anything! That's why it happened! I swear, I feel really bad about it."

"And you told Mike? What a dumbass move."

"Hey, he kissed some random girl last night too."

"Yeah, but you made-out with your ex, who you still have feelings for."

"I know this Pepper," I sighed. "Look, I gotta go. I'll talk to you later." Pepper sighed.

"Whatever. Bye." I hung up the phone and groaned while rubbing my face. Now I felt even worse than before about what I did. But it wasn't completely my fault. Here's how I see it: Billie kissed me, I went along with it because I was drunk and kind of eager... okay, that does sound pretty bad, I suppose. Hm... if we hadn't of fallen, I might've ended up having sex with him... or maybe not, because he still would've thrown up.

I wished Mike would talk to me, but I know he's still angry at me. He's been in his room since he left the couch. I don't know what he's been doing, but I wished he would come out to talk to me.

I had never seen Mike so mad before. I've never really seen him semi-mad. He was yelling and stuff... it was weird.

"Mike," I called out. "Mike, please come talk to me." I sighed and stood from the couch, then went to his door. I tapped it with my middle finger and paused. "Mike, can you please talk to me? I'm really sorry. Just... come out and talk to me, please?" I waited a minute or two, and he finally opened up the door.

"Do you know what you said to me last night before you fell asleep?" I stared at him like he was stupid. "You told me you loved me." My heart stopped beating for a second. Well, it seemed like it did.

"I did?" He nodded. "Wow... that's why you're mad?" He shook his head.

"I don't understand how you could make-out with Billie, then tell me you love me."

"I was drunk," I said slowly and firmly to get my point across. He only stared at me and I sighed. "Did you say it back?" He slowly shook his head.

"I knew you were only saying that because you were drunk." I nodded and stared at the floor. "And even if you were being serious, I'm just not ready to say it back..." I nodded.

"I understand Mike."

"I'm mad because of what you did... I know you're sorry, but I just need some time to get over it." I nodded again. He turned back around and closed his door.

"Mike..." I whined. He didn't come back to the door, so I went into the living room and sat down on the couch, sulking.

[Next Day]

"Can I have a sourdough Jack?"

"Do you want the combo?"

"No thanks."

"That'll be $2.85." I pulled out two dollars and eighty-five cents out of my pocket. Mike took me to Jack in the Box before school in a rental car. "Thanks Mike." He didn't say anything. He only nodded his head. He was still angry with me about the party incident. Well, he said he just needed time to get over it. I could tell he was still angry.

The lady handed him my burger, and he handed it to me. We drove off and headed towards the school. I pulled out my burger, took a deep sniff, and exhaled with a smile.

"Smells good, huh?" I asked. He didn't say anything, once again. "Want a bite?" He shook his head a little and I sighed. "Mike... just answer me this question: do you still wanna be with me?"

"Carrie, we've only been dating for a week, and you already cheated on me with your ex-boyfriend. Tell me, what the fuck kind of shit is that?" I only stayed silent and stared at the floor of the car. "What do you think I should do?"

"... Break up with me..."

"Goddamn it, do you want me to break up with you or something?" I shook my head slowly. "That's not very convincing."

"I don't, Mike. I'm sorry about what I did. I really am. I know it was wrong, and I wish I could take it back, but I can't. Can we just please put it behind us?" Mike only stared ahead at the road and continued driving. We made it to the school and he parked in one of the closer parking spaces. We were kinda early, that way I could get breakfast.

He shut off the car, pushed open the door, then slammed it shut. I dropped my burger in the bag and placed my face in my hands. I sat there and cried a little bit. I felt so damn guilty for what I let happen, and Mike was basically hating me.

After a few minutes, my door opened, but I didn't open it. Mike was standing there, and he helped me out. He then pulled me into his embrace, which confused me.

"I'm sorry... don't cry, okay? I didn't mean to get mad and yell. I'm not gonna break up with you, okay? And I don't hate you." I nodded and wiped my eyes on his shirt. He kissed the top of my head and held me closer. "Let's just forget about it, okay?" I nodded again. He kissed my lips gently, then my cheek. "Let's go eat breakfast now." I nodded once again.

I reached inside the car and grabbed my bag, then closed the door and we began walking into the building.

I had to go to my locker to put my junk in there because I didn't feel like carrying it to Art when I didn't need it. I put my junk in there, then we headed to the cafeteria so I could eat my sourdough Jack and Mike could get some crappy cafeteria food.

"Mmm, this is really good. Are you sure you don't want--"

"Are you two dating?" I looked on the side of Mike and noticed two girls standing besides him, directing the question to me. I nodded slowly. "Oh wow, I thought you were dating that Billie Joe guy?"

"... I was, but we broke up like... two weeks ago." The girls nodded and began walking away. I heard one of them say 'what a whore' but I ignored it because I know I'm not a whore, and I know what happened. They don't. It didn't bother me.

"Carrie, ignore those stupid bitches." I shrugged.

"It doesn't bother me Mike. I know what happened, and they don't, so it doesn't bother me." He nodded. I took a bite of my sourdough Jack and 'mmm'ed some more. "This is orgasmic, Mike."

"I'll make you orgasm," he chuckled. I laughed.

"You wish." He smirked and nudged me with his elbow.

"What do you say after breakfast, we go into one of the custodial closets?" I giggled.

"I'm not going into one of the custodian's closets."

"Okay, at the Wall then?" I shrugged with a smile.

"Maybe... it sounds tempting."

"Awesome."
♠ ♠ ♠
IT'S ALMOST OVER! Thank God, ahahaha. Nah, I still enjoy the story line... just not the individual chapters.

Feedback is still much appreciated :]