Words I Might Have Ate

And There's Nothing Wrong With Me

"Get the hell away from me!" I shrieked, sitting up and slapping at the thing that touched me.
"Carrie, it's just me." It was just Mike. Whoa, it was Mike.
"Mike?" I questioned. He nodded. I think... it was dark.
"What are you doing here?"
"I need to get home." He held out something, so I grabbed it, and he pulled me up. Oh, it was his arm.
"Okay, first thing you never wanna do is leave alone in the dark when you're piss drunk," he chuckled. I smiled and nodded.
"I wasn't thinking. I'm still not thinking." Mike laughed and so did I. I felt a little safer knowing Mike was there with me. At least I wasn't scared out of my mind.
"I'll walk you home."
"What's everyone else doing?" I asked. He laughed a little bit and sighed.
"Dustin, Chris and Billie had the dumbest idea to break Tre's Tv by throwing remotes and shit at it, and the funny thing is, they actually did it." I burst into laughter and Mike soon joined me.
"What about Pepper? And Tre?" Mike laughed again.
"Tre went along with the fucktards and broke his own Tv!" I laughed again. "And Pepper and Brett disappeared somewhere."
"They're all retards," I giggled. Mike nodded.
"Where's your house again?" I thought for a minute while looking at all the houses along the street.
"I think that one," I said, pointing to one across the street. Mike nodded again and put his arm around my waist to keep me from falling. I put my arm around his back and leaned my head on his shoulder.
It was hard to walk in the position we were in. I kept thinking I was gonna step on his feet. It looked like he was stepping on my feet, which made me giggle occasionally. We reached my front door, and I thanked Mike for walking me home.
"I hope my parents are asleep," I sighed. Mike barely nodded and put his head on my shoulder.
"Mikey sleepy," he giggled.
"I can't let you go back to Tre's by yourself," I mumbled. "You'll pass out somewhere. Come on Mike." I raised his head up and dug around in my pants pocket for my house key. I found it and fumbled with the lock on the door, then finally stuck it in and opened it quietly.
Mike kept giggling and falling over, and I had to keep lifting him up and shutting him up.
"Mike, please, I don't want to get in trouble," I whispered. I lifted him up again from off the floor and put his arm around my neck so I could keep him standing. He stayed quiet as we tiptoed up the stairs and into my room. I closed my door and Mike fell out on my bed. I giggled at him.
"Take your shoes off before laying there." He groaned and sat up, kicking his shoes off. I took mine off as well and crawled in my bed. I had a queen sized bed, so there was plenty of room for me and Mike. There was room for about... three Tres, and a Billie Joe.
"Thanks again for walking me home Mike," I smiled. Mike was already asleep. He looked cuter than usual. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

"CARRIE MARIE RINEWALT!" I instantly shot my head up from my pillow, then groaned. I now had a hangover from the night before. Shit, the night before... I'm in so much trouble... I got home at like, one in the morning... with Mike. Shit!
"Who the hell is he and what is he doing in your bed?" I looked over to Mike's terrified face, then looked back at my dad.
"Dad, it's not what it looks like."
"I don't give a damn about what you have to say! I told you to be home at nine 'o clock last night, and did you? No!"
"Dad, please don't yell," I groaned.
"I'll yell however much I want! You are in so much trouble! Just wait til I tell your mother!" He started stomping to my door, then turned back around and glared at Mike. "Get the hell out of my house!" Mike jumped up from out of my bed and quickly slipped on his shoes.
My dad shoved him out the door and I could hear him yelling at him downstairs. I groaned and got up from my bed, then went downstairs to try and stop my dad from killing Mike.
"Dad, we didn't do anything! Why else would we be fully clothed?"
"I don't want to ever see you anywhere near my house, or daughter again!" he yelled at Mike, holding his arm.
"Dad, let him go!" Mike practically went flying out the door. I felt bad for him. Now I had to face the wrath of my dad. He slammed the door shut after Mike flew out of it and turned to me.
"You are grounded until I say otherwise, which means, no phone, no Tv, no music, no friends, no guitar--no anything! No freedom whatsoever! You are to stay in your room until I say otherwise!" I had never seen my dad this mad before.
"Dad! I'm sorry I didn't come home at nine, but..." I had to think of an excuse. "... I was abducted by aliens that wanted me to party with them and made me watch Weird Science with them!" Unfortunately, the only excuse that popped in my head was the one Tre told me to use. My dad frowned.
"I bet you got that stupid excuse from one of your stupid friends, didn't you?" I gasped. No one calls my friends stupid except me... and my friends.
"They are not stupid, and you have no right to call them that, considering you don't even know them!"
"I don't want to know them either! They're setting a bad example for you! You're switching schools, and I don't care how many times you may protest!" I stood there, gaping... after I gasped, of course. Switch schools? There's no way in hell I'm switching schools.
My dad went out the front door. I'm guessing he was going to work, or something. Kinda stupid, cause he just stands here and yells at me, expecting me not to go anywhere afterwards. Dumbass. Great, now I'm stuck here baby-sitting the demon child... unless I leave... but I'm sure she heard the whole thing, so she might tell on me. She's a brat like that.
Damn. I'm stuck here. Hm... my dad said I had to stay in my room... but he didn't say anything about anyone coming over.
I checked to see if my dad left yet, and he did. I ran to the phone and dialed Tre's number. I figured everyone would be passed out over there still. It rang a couple of times, and someone answered it.
"Uh, Tre's house, this is Billie speaking." I gasped and covered the mouthpiece on the phone. Why the hell did he have to answer it? Why couldn't it have been Jimmy? Or Dustin? Or someone else besides him? Hm... now, to hang up, or to talk? I'm thinking... hang up.
I quickly hung up the phone and sighed. What the hell is he doing awake? It's only... 9:05. Damn... He never wakes up this early on a Saturday. He never even hears anything when he's asleep.
The phone started ringing and I gasped. I slowly picked it up and held it to my ear.
"Hello?" There was a pause...
"... Carrie?" Damn it, it's him. The person who I just hung up on. He must have star 69'ed me, or something.
"Um... who's this?"
"Why'd you call and hang up?" he asked evilly.
"I-I was trying to talk to Pepper."
"She's still asleep, so you're gonna have to call back some other time--When I'm not here." With that, he hung up. I huffed and hung up also. I sat down on the couch and turned on the Tv. What dad doesn't know, won't hurt him.
There was nothing on Tv, so I just turned it off and sighed. The phone started ringing again and I hesitantly answered it.
"Hello?"
"Stupid prick," someone mumbled, who I recognized it as Pepper, since she's the only one who says that. "Carrie! It's me!"
"Hey Pepper!"
"That dumbass said I was still asleep, but I wasn't. He just wanted to be an asshole and not let you talk to me."
"Figures," I muttered.
"Yep. When the hell did you leave?"
"Last night. Guess what."
"What?"
"I'm grounded now. I missed curfew, and my dad found Mike in my bed with me."
"Holy shit, you fucked Mike? What a way to bounce back!" I laughed.
"No, no. Mike walked me home last night, and I didn't want him to go back to Tre's alone cause I thought he would pass out somewhere, so he slept with me in my bed. I swear, we didn't do anything. He passed out before I even layed down on my bed. My dad got so pissed when he saw him."
"Aw, that's fucked up. So you didn't even have a chance to tap his ass." I laughed again.
"Pepper, shut up. I'm grounded from fucking everything. The phone, the Tv, my fucking music, you guys, and I might be switching schools."
"What?" she shouted.
"Yeah. I don't want to, but he said he didn't care about what I wanted. He thinks you guys are a bad influence on me. He wouldn't even believe me when I said me and Mike didn't do anything. We were still fully clothed for God sakes!"
"Damn. I don't want you to switch schools! That would suck ass for me! I'd be stuck with the six dumbasses!" I laughed lightly.
"I'm gonna put up the best fight I can. I'm not switching schools. I don't give a damn what they say. I betcha anything he's gonna come home and fucking lecture me til I die."
"That's fucked up too. I know! How about you come over here to Tre's! He doesn't know where he lives... or better yet, you could stay with me until he cools off!"
"Pepper, when he finds out I ran away after he told me to stay in my room, he's not gonna be cooled off. He's gonna be even more pissed off. Duh."
"... Then don't come home... until they feel guilty, anyway." I sighed.
"They're not the guilty feeling types."
"If you don't give a damn about what they say, then just come over here and stay with me! They don't know where I live!" Hm... she had a point. I guess I could stick to my own convictions and not be a hypocrite.
"... Okay..."
"Yay! Go pack your stuff! Now! I'll send someone over there to help you. Hey! Mike just stepped in the door."
"Don't send Mike. He might be too scared to come back anyway."
"Okay. I'll send someone. Not the stupid prick asshole though, cause he wouldn't anyway."
"Okay. Wait, what about your parents? Won't they care if I'm there?"
"Um... no. I'll make up something. Go pack! Now! See you later." I hung up the phone and rushed up to my room. The only time I had run away from home was after the whole Sid incident, and I was only gone for two days. I opened up my closet and suddenly remembered I didn't have a backpack I could put clothes or anything in, since my backpack was at Billie Joe's house somewhere.
"Shit... how am I gonna get all my stuff over there without a fucking backpack?" I suddenly had an idea. I could use my sister's backpack. It's not like she ever does. But if I go in there and ask, she's gonna ask what do I need it for, and... Oh. I could say for school.
I walked back out of my room and down the hall into my sister's room. She was fucking belly dancing in the mirror to some pop bullshit. I just ignored her stupidity and walked over to the side of her bed. I grabbed her backpack from the floor and walked back down the hall into my room.
I started throwing clothes, and other crap inside of it. When I got done packing it, it was stuffed. I smiled and slung it over my shoulder.
"Oh, wait," I mumbled, going over to my guitar on it's stand next to my bed. I put it inside it's case and also slung it over my shoulder. My guitar was an acoustic. I preferred acoustic over electric. I thought it sounded way better... and prettier. Billie Joe had agreed, yet at the same time, disagreed. He was a walking contradiction.
I heard knocking downstairs at my front door, and figured it was whoever Pepper sent over. I don't know why she didn't just come. I walked downstairs with my backpack and guitar slung over my shoulder, and opened up the front door.
"Hey Carrie Care-Care," Tre greeted. I rolled my eyes with a smile and handed him my guitar case. He gasped in an offended way. "Oh, you just expect me to carry your stuff, don't you?" I laughed and nodded. "Fine." He stuck his nose up in the air and walked down the driveway. I laughed and caught up with him.
"So, you're gonna be staying with Pepper, eh?" I nodded. He nodded as well. Hm... I just have to ask him something.
"Tre, be serious for a second here." He raised an eyebrow at me when we were on the sidewalk.
"Okay... about what?" I sighed and looked at him straight into his crystal blue eyes... just like Mike's.
"Do you like Pepper?" He groaned.
"Carrie, why are you asking me this?"
"Because, you guys flirt nonstop. It's kinda funny, actually."
"I have a girlfriend." I rolled my eyes. That never stopped him before.
"No, she's your fuck-mate." He gasped and looked taken-aback.
"She is not! She's just... there when I happen to be horny, and we do naughty things." I rolled my eyes again. He looked down at the concrete as we walked and stayed silent for a minute. "Why, does Pepper like me?" he asked in a little kid's voice that was just so adorable. I only shrugged.
"I don't know."
"She's got a boyfriend though. Why would she like me?"
"Are you truly that stupid?" He just stared at me blankly. "I should have known that answer..." I mumbled. "You have a girlfriend and you like Pepper. She's got a boyfriend, and I'm sure she like's you." Tre shrugged.
"I just never thought of us going steady. It'd be weird. She's an awesome friend, you know, and I don't wanna fuck that up by doing something we both might regret." Holy shit... that's probably the most real, sincere, and intelligent thing I've ever heard Tre say.
"Holy shit. That's probably the most real, sincere, and intelligent thing I've ever heard you say." I gotta say what's on my mind sometimes, right? Tre just chuckled.
"I am smarter than I look, you know." I nodded. We reached his house and walked inside. Pepper, Jimmy, Dustin, Chris, Gina, Brett and Mike all greeted me, while Billie Joe was nowhere in the living room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lame, lame, lame. Edited.