La Vie En Rose

Look who's coming to visit

Chapter 2
The next day I barely dragged myself out of bed, I had become accustomed to waking up at 10 that was the earliest, now it was 6 am, I was thinking I had time to drink my coffee but I heard the door bell. I was wondering who it could be as I made my way to the door. I’m not a very nice morning person as it is, and without coffee it was worse.

I didn’t bother asking who it was I opened the door with my eyes half open thinking it was my neighbour, Mark. “What the fuck do you want?”

“Um,” I heard the person in front of me say, and I realized it couldn’t have been Mark he would of had some smart come back that he had been thinking about all night and just had to lay it out on me. I opened my eyes and my mouth fell open.

“Sorry, I thought you were my friend Mark, what are you doing here? I thought we were meeting at the studio,” I said thinking did I brush my hair yet, I usually did it in the car.

“I thought I’d pop by and pick you up,” James said with a smile on his face as I motioned for him to come into the apartment. It wasn’t much but it was what I called home. He looked around and I was horrified that I had not picked up after myself the night before.

“But, you live on the other side of town,” I said quickly, as I excused myself and ran into the bathroom to brush my hair and fix my make up.

“Yeah, well, we should save on gas, you know the environment,” he said but his voice gave it away that he was using it as an excuse. I was brushing my teeth I spit out and poked my head out the door.

“What’s going on?” I said as I continued to brush my teeth still looking at him. After watching him act yesterday and afterwards the way he talked to everyone, I could say I read him really well.

“There is a slight problem,” He rubbed his hands but didn’t sit down, he was actually pacing.

“Ok, we can fix it.” I finished brushing my teeth and rinsed tying my hair back in a pony tail. I walked into the living room and got out of my purse the PDA and the BlackBerry. I was 100% sure nothing had gone wrong on my end.

“Well it seems that Melinda was too lazy to say your actual name, so....” Oh so Melinda was the old PA’s name, I thought to myself and zoned out for a bit.

“Sorry, what did you say?” I had to regain my composure but it was too early in the morning.

“My wife thinks you are a man,” James looked down, he almost looked scared.

“Okay, well last time I checked I wasn’t a man,” I looked down at myself, fighting the urge to grab my boobs to see if they are still there.

“I understand that but,” James started to say.

“Ok tell me what the real problem is, it’s not that bad I used to go by Jack all the time,” I brushed it off like it was nothing, I didn’t want to create problems between my new boss and his wife. Besides I wasn’t even thinking straight.

“There’s something else,” he said. “Before you hear it from anyone else on the set,” he didn’t say anything else, I was waiting. I really hated it when people did that, in the middle of a sentence they stop and they make you wait.

“Ok seriously, nothing can be that bad,” I said frustrated a bit.

“I need to fire you,” James let out a breath after. His face scrunched up.

“Wait why? Did I do something wrong?” WTF? Totally a WTF moment.

“No, I didn’t say that right. Let me start from the beginning, I need to fire you, but I still need you, I really really need you,” he said, slow down my beating heart, has he realized that I’m the woman of his dreams. Fuck of course not, he only met me yesterday.

“What?” I finally worked up in making my tongue catch up with my brain.

“I need you to be my girlfriend,” he spoke the words in a rush.

“Hang on,” I said not knowing what to think, I left him there and walked into the kitchen where my coffee was brewing. I poured some in a cup and walked back sat down and took a drink. He sat opposite of me, leaning on his legs, watching me closely. “Run that by me again.”

“My wife and I have been separated for about a year, but we haven’t publicly announced it, because it has helped me keep women off my back. Now she is in love and wants to announce it to the world that she has moved on.” He sounded almost sad as he spoke.

“And you haven’t?” It finally clued in, a little.

“Exaclty,” he agreed with me, the little fucker agreed with me. Why was I upset that he agreed with me, is really beyond me.

“That’s when I come in,” I filled in the blanks.

“You’d still be my PA, but you’d have to go to parties with me, and make some public appearances,” he said, almost begging.

“For how long?” I asked.

“A month, maybe two,” he really had not thought that far ahead.

“I’m only here for a month,” I said thinking that I’m crazy for even considering something like this.

“I know, but I’m sure by that time we will have the world convinced I’m over my wife.” He ran his hand through his shaggy hair.

“On one condition,” I thought for a moment and it might be to my advantage.

“Name it,” ok for a second he sounded pathetic agreeing to everything.

“You let someone read one of my scripts,” I said and watched his eyes open wide, ha sucker what did you think I was just some bimbo, wrong, wrong, wrong.

“Deal,” he didn’t think about it. I stood up at the same time he did. He wanted to shake my hand but I smiled at him.

“Awww why so formal babe, after all you are my lover are you not?” I said and grabbed his hand wrapping it around my waist and putting my arm on his shoulder, really , really close to him, I whispered in his ear. “Now let’s see how good of an actor you really are.”

I couldn’t believe I had said that but I drew his head lower and kissed him, his lips were soft and after the initial shock, oh so silky. Just like I had imagined they would be. Stop it Jack, it’s just a game.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update.
Let me know if you like it.
<3