Status: Finished

First Impressions

XV

When Jack gets off the plane, the first thing that comes to his mind is 'what are we going to do first?' He's never had to think about what he and Alex do together - they usually always have fun no matter what. With a slight glance over at Alex, he knows he really doesn't need to worry too much. Alex is rubbing at his eyes, tried from the long 12 hour plane ride. Jack had managed to obtain tickets for a non-stopping flight. It went straight from Maryland to Hawaii.

Alex slept about 5 of the 12 hours. He woke up as the plane began its descent, and he gripped onto Jack's arm for dear life, thinking the worst. Now however, he just wants a bed. Maybe he can get another 2 or 3 hours of sleep before Jack decides to drag him away to some 'adventure'.

"Alex, are you okay?" Jack asks with a slight laugh. "You look like you're going to pass out."

"You're so observant," Alex replies. The smile on his face assures Jack that he's just tired, nothing more. "How far is the hotel from here?"

"About 15 minutes, I think. That's what the hotel website said, at least. We have to get a taxi."

Alex gives Jack a sleepy grin. "I think you should carry me. Because you love me and all..."

"I think that would be a little bit weird, don't you? I'd rather not be stared at as we walk through the airport."

Alex pouts and follows Jack through the terminal, and eventually they manage to get their luggage and walk outside onto the sidewalk. Waiting out there are quite a few taxis and other car service companies and Jack finds a driver who's heading towards their hotel. The drive is about 15 minutes, just as Jack had said, and Alex has quite a bit of hope. The 2 hour nap he wants is looking promising.

But then they get on line to check in. It takes them an hour to do so, because the couple in front of them doesn’t have the correct paperwork, so the manager and everyone else who's important have to come down and fix the situation. Alex decides he can't take standing on his own anymore, so he leans into Jack and wraps his arms around his waist.

"You're so cute and everything, but I'm not exactly a fan of supporting most of your body weight," Jack says.

Alex simply shrugs and continues to rely on Jack to support him.

*

"This is really, really nice," Alex observes when Jack holds the hotel room door open for him. He steps inside and his eyes land on the queen size bed that's located on the right hand side of the room. The white sheets and blankets are just calling to him, and he really can't resist.

He sighs dramatically when his back hits the sheets, and Jack resists the urge to laugh. "Comfortable?"

"Yes. The most comfortable bed I’ve ever been in in my entire life."

Jack looks back and forth from the bed to the bathroom, wondering if he should get into bed with Alex or take a nice relaxing shower first.

"You're going to nap with me right?" Alex asks, making Jack's decision that much easier.

"Of course I am," Jack replies. He kicks off his shoes and hops up onto the bed beside Alex.

Alex snuggles as close to him as he can. Within minutes he’s sleeping.

**

Jack’s nervous. He’s got one hand in the pocket of his shorts and the other hand is tapping gently on the table. He’s waiting for Alex in the hotel lobby so they can go out for dinner. The hand that’s in his pocket is rubbing over the gentle felt material that’s covering the tiny box that rests there. Inside that box is a ring – not exactly an engagement ring, but more like a promise ring. He plans on giving it to Alex during dinner. If only Alex would be a bit quicker about showering.

Five minutes later, the elevator doors open and Alex steps out. He smiles at Jack who is still sitting in the lobby.

When they get to the restaurant, Alex looks around in awe. It’s expensive, that much he can tell just from looking around. He wonders how Jack can afford a place like this, let alone even manages to get a reservation.

After they order drinks and an appetizer, Jack decides that now’s the best time to do this. He’s nervous as it is, and he’ll just get more nervous as the time passes. So, he reaches into his pocket and pulls out the small ring box.

At the sight of it, Alex’s eyes get wide and he halts all movement. He knows what’s in that box – a ring. What kind of ring, he’s not sure of.

“Jack!” he hisses across the table, drawing the attention of the couple at a nearby table. “What are you doing?”

“Well,” Jack begins. He opens the box and reveals a small silver band. “It’s a promise ring… I’m planning on asking you to be with me forever…”

Alex doesn’t say a word. He’s waiting for the official question – and Jack knows it.

“So… will you?”

“Will I what?”

Jack laughs slightly at Alex’s ridiculousness. “Be with me. Forever. Because I love you. And I don’t want to be with anyone else.”

“You have no idea how happy that your words just made me.”

Without warning, Alex is over by Jack in a heartbeat, throwing his arms around the boy’s neck and squeezing him tight. A few people nearby ‘Aww’ at the two boys, and Jack blushes.

“Alex, you’re creating a scene,” he manages to say quietly, and Alex responds with a laugh.

“I don’t care. I love you so fucking much; I don’t care if the whole fucking state of Hawaii knows it.”

Jack decides that he can live with that, and stands up with Alex in his arms and kisses him, creating a scene for the entire restaurant.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry about how terrible the ending was! I really lost all inspiration for this story and I totally forgot where I was going with it and I just needed to end it... I hope you guys understand ):

On a slightly happier note, I do have another Jalex story going on. Go check that out. I'm really enjoying that one and I have every intention of finishing it (: