The OtherSide

Vance

3

It’s almost sun down and Vesta and I were relaxing by behind the counter while Tyson and Clay fooled around with her potions.
“Vesta, I’m going to be heading home now,” I whispered, to make sure they don’t follow.
Vesta chuckled and helped my sneak out the back, letting my sent linger here. When you have a best friend as witch, it really comes in handy.
I was now outside and I thanked Vesta kindly, and made my way back to the cave.

Vance’s P.O.V

Pillans, tantrums, and even a few pixies were chasing me the whole day. My hair was ruffled and shirt was slightly ripped on the side. I had managed to loose them a while ago, and I wanted to head back to the palace.
“You okay?” I heard a female voice say.
I jumped back in surprise, and I was about to break out into a run. Then I realized it was her, Joy. I sighed in relief, and took a deep breath.
“Yeah, I’m okay.”
She starred at me with her big brown eyes, and I starred at the ground.
“What happened?” she asked.
I can tell she really did want to be kind to me, but maybe she’d thought she’d do something nice once in a while.
“A bunch of females are after,” I said.
She chuckled, then it became louder and harder. Her laugh was contagious, but I don’t know what we were laughing at. She quickly stopped and smirked at me.
“Why would a bunch of females be after you?” she said.
I chuckled sarcastically, and said, “Do you not see this face? This body? This h-”
“I get it” she interrupted. She rolled her eyes and started to walk passed me. “Okay, well I’ll see you around, Vance.”
“You too,” I stated.
I watched her walk away, and a shiver went down my back. Hmph.
“What were you doing with her?” I heard some say.
I rolled my eyes, without turning around.
“Why does it matter?” I stated.
Before I could blink a vampire and shapeshifter stood in front of me, and didn’t look to happy. I smiled victoriously.
“Because it does, PRINCE Vance,” the vampire hissed.
I chuckled and starred back at them.
“Why? Because she wants to talk to me and not you?”
Their eyes furrowed, because I was probably right. She doesn’t like being bothered by creatures like us. I could easily understand that. We are all out to get her in some kind of way, and I’m surprised she’s even alive.
“Hmph, I bet she wouldn’t want to talk to you, if she found out who you are?”
Grrr…
“Jealous much?” I stated.

Joy’s P.O.V

I was a few feet in my cave when I realized something was in here. I rolled my eyes and went in a little deeper. I found out what it was and I wasn’t to happy about it. Even though I had a good relationship with the werewolves on this side of the forest, I still want him out.
“Can you please leave…ummm…”
It cut me off.
“Drustan.”
Hmph. People in this world have the weirdest names.
“Oh well hi, can you go? I need to get some rest?” I asked.
Surprisingly, it nodded sympathetically and started to walk towards the end of the cave. He stopped and looked back at me oddly.
“I have a question,” he said.
“Shoot.”
I dug my hands in my pocket waiting for him to ask.
“How can a human like you survive in a place like this?” he said.
I shrugged and stated, “Well, I’m fearless.” We both laughed and he made his way out of my cave.
While Drustan was walking down the pathway he started humming a tune from Metro Station. I was shocked.
“HEY!” I shouted.
He turned back and stopped humming. “WHAT?!” Drustan shouted.
“WHAT ARE YOU HUMMING?!” I yelled so that he could hear me over the waterfall.
“SEVENTEEN FOREVER BY METRO STATION.”
By then, I ran up to him, and starred at him unbelievably.
“Do you guys have music like that here?” I questioned.
He laughed.
“Well, I’ve been to the human world once, and brought back a few necessities.” He smirked.
“Does that mean you have a charger for your iPod and a computer?” I asked.
He nodded his head slowly, and I threw myself at him and gave him a big werewolf hug.
“This is so weird. Since I’m still in werewolf form and all,” he chuckled.
“Yeah, but that’s okay. Besides it’s been a long time since I hugged my dog anyway.” We laughed and he told me to follow him to his place. “You aren’t going to eat me are you?” I asked.
He looked up at the sky a bit, trying to think.
“Well, I was thinking about it at first, but you seem pretty cool. So I won’t harm you,” he said.
I laughed. This guy was cool. Very blunt and real.
“Thanks for being honest.”
And with that we walked to his place.

Drustan’s P.O.V

We were out of the woods, and the human girl and I were about to cross over to the BlueBlood Boundaries.
She stopped in her tracks.
“I can’t cross over to there,” she said.
I rolled my eyes. Why do they put up a fuss? They are going to cross over anyway. Every time.
“Yes, you can. You’re with me.” I tugged her arms a little with my mouth, but she didn’t budge. I growled.
“Why do you want me to go over so badly?” she asked.
I rolled my eyes.
“Because I live here!” I spat.
She starred at the area for a long time before asking questions again.
“How are you related to the throne?” she asked.
God, I hated this story.
“My mom and dad serve the king and queen.” That wasn’t the whole story, but it was close enough. Besides, I didn’t have time for this. I just needed some sleep.
“Eh, I don’t think I should go Drustan. Maybe some other time, but just not now okay?”
Now, I was irritated, and started pulling on her arm more. She lifted her foot and kicked me in the face. I growled.
“Human if you don’t-”
“Leave her alone Drustan,” I familiar voice said.
I smirked.
“Why hello there Tyson. Clay.” I nodded my head solemnly.
I saw something come across the girl’s eyes, but it was gone in a second. I don’t know exactly what it was. I tell you, it’s hard to read these humans.
“Let the girl go, and just hand her over to us, before we have to get Vance involved.”

Joy’s P.O.V

Drustan’s eye widened and he quickly let go of me. I was bleeding a little bit, and I knew had to get away from that vampire fast. So as soon as he let go, I broke out in a run.

3rd P.O.V

Clay smelled it, and he ran after Joy with all of his might. The smell of the blood was getting closer to Clay’s mouth and he knew he had to have her. Her blood was sweet smelling, and it lingered in the air as he ran.
And soon enough, he tackled Joy to the ground and held her there, enjoying the smell of the blood he was about to taste.
“YOU FUCKING BLOODSUCKER!” she yelled.
He showed her his teeth, but she wasn’t surprised. She continued to squeal under his body, but he wouldn’t get up.
He cocked her head to the side, and bit into her neck. She screamed, but before he could take much blood away from her, he was thrown off.
Tyson grabbed Clay by his shirt, and threw him off of the human.
“YOU DAMN FREAK!?” he yelled at Clay.
Clay wasn’t paying attention to anything except Joy. Blood was gushing down the two puncture marks Clay had made, and she wouldn’t stop bleeding.
“What did you do?!” Vance yelled.
They had no clue why he was near, but he was. He starred at the girl with his eyes and looked around frightened.
“We can help her before she dies. But I need you guys to be swift!” he said.
Clay picked her up, and started to run towards the palace, where Vance was probably going to take her anyway.
He starred down at the girl, and felt more guilty then ever. She was dying because of him, and it was his fault.
Clay got knocked over by Tyson who was now furiously mad. Tyson grabbed Joy’s body, and glared at Clay.
“You’ve done enough,” he said. And ran off with Joy.

Joy’s P.O.V

I opened my eyes, and three males were starring at me from above. Vance. Tyson. And Clay. My eyes cocked when I saw him, and I closed my eyes and sighed.
“She’s awake,” I heard Vance say.
I sat up and starred at Clay with hatred. He frowned and starred at the ground. I took my fist and punched him in the head. He stumbled back and rubbed his wound softly.
“I guess I deserved that,” he said.
I nodded and smiled successfully.
“Where am I?” I asked.
Vance starred at Tyson and Clay before answering and I became worried.
“The Palac-”
I jumped out of the bed I was laying on and made a run for the door.
“JOY!” Vance growled while gripping my wrist.
“I can’t be here Vance!” I yelled.
“WHY?!?!”
I took a deep breath and said, “I can’t be here because of the throne. That stupid King tried to kill me one day, and I was pissed. It was the closest near-death experience I’ve ever had. Next to this one of course. So let me out before I double kick-flick your ass!” I shouted.
Vance looked shocked and so did Tyson and Clay.
I tried to let go of his grip, but it got tighter, and I shrieked.
“We’ll get you out of here as soon as possible. Okay?” He croaked.
I nodded my head and put my head in my hand sarcastically, and said, “Hmm..Can that be managed now?” I yelled.
He sighed and looked back at Tyson and Clay. They shrugged and I smiled.
“Let’s go.”

Vance’s P.O.V

I walked her back to her “house” , and told her good bye.
“By the way…How did you get me into the palace. Do you have connections?” she questioned.
I shrugged. “Something like that.” She nodded and smiled.
“I hope you feel better,” I said.
Before she could walk away, I kissed her swiftly on her cheek and walked away.

When I was a good distance away, I felt a big smile come on my face. Whoa, why was that there? Hm, I have no clue but it was worth it.
I started to walk farther away from her home, when I ran into an angry Clay and Tyson.
“Want to tell us what that was about?” the questioned.

<Vote. Comment. BTW this will be the story I will be working on. So I hope you guys enjoy reading, because I love writing this one!>