Sequel: Pieces of Truth
Status: Completed! (Updated for layout, format, and grammar on Sept. 17, 2012)

Paper Lanterns

I Still Think About You

Billie and I talked for another hour, until he began to get restless.

"Poor Billie, he needs something to do," I cooed, trying not to laugh.

Billie stretched and said, "I think my leg's asleep.."

"What?"

"It feels like its on pins and needles, but I see it moving. Must've fallen asleep or whatever."

"Billie Joe! That's great! You're not crippled!"

"Yay?" he asked, not wanting to be let down.

"Yay!"

"I'm not gonna be crippled," he sang softly.

"But I still don't have anything to do."

"I'll go see if I can hunt Tre down. In the meantime, have fun jacking off or something. Want a mirror?"

"No.. why would I.. OH! So I really am that drop dead gorgeous?"

"Whatever you say.."

"But Grace!" he whined, "my arms are so sore, and they hurt like hell. Can't you do it for me?"

"Nope. That's not my job. Get your inflatable girlfriend to do it."

"But she left me for some dude at a bar!"

"Billie Joe, if I did that for you, I'd be scarred for life. I don't want to think about it anymore.. Ew."

"Fine. Go get Tre," he huffed, then fake glared before closing his eyes and sighing, "Damn.. So close.."

I went out to the waiting room to start my search. Ollie had returned to work, as did Mike, who sent Tre down here to keep me company when Billie was sleeping. But Tre Cool was nowhere in sight.

'Oh duh. The cafeteria,' I mentally kicked myself, heading into the elevator and to the large room.

Sure enough, there he was, annoying an elderly couple trying to enjoy their jello. I went over to them, and grabbed Tre's wrist before he could do anything else.

"I'm so sorry about him. He doesn't get out of the mental wing very often. Come on Tre."

"Bye bye!" he waved to the couple, as I pulled him into the elevator and pressed '4'. I slapped him upside the head.

"Ow!"

"That's what you get for annoying the elderly! I'm surprised they didn't beat you with their canes."

"I almost had them convinced I was their grandson, and it was awesome."

"Good lord, Lardboy. Come on, Billie's been asking for you. He seems to be set on getting a handjob, and I couldn't think of a more perfect candidate." I grinned and pushed him into Billie's room, closing the door behind us.

I sat in a chair against the wall, a small smirk on my face for once, and Tre looked like he'd pee his pants.

"Is.. is she gonna watch or something?" he asked Billie, who shot a questioning look at me. I shrugged, and continued to watch.

"Oh well, let's just get this over with," Tre groaned, and pulled back the sheets covering Billie's lower half.

I gasped slightly, taking in the sight of his bruised and cut legs. It was a miracle he wasn't paralyzed.

Tre moved in towards Billie, who had an odd look on his face, as if saying, 'What the fuck is going on?'

"Uhh. Tre..?"

"Yeah?"

"Get the hell away from my bed, now!" Billie shouted, making Tre jump, and I began to crack up. I got up from the chair, and pulled the covers back up so Billie wouldn't freeze.

"What the fuck were you gonna do, man?!"

"She told me you wanted a handjob!"

"I can't.. believe.. you thought.. I was serious!" I barely got out between laughs.

Once I calmed down, Billie glared at me, "You're one sick fuck, you know that?"

"Nuh-uh! You wanted me to do it! If I'd said yes, you would've been all for it. But when Tre tries to help, he gets yelled at!"

"That's totally different!" he retaliated.

"Oh? How so, Mister Bisexual, and proud of it?"

That shut him up, because he just glared at the wall.

"Fine. You know what? I'm out of here. I'm tired of fucking fighting with you," I grumbled, and went out into the waiting area.

I didn't want to be too far away, just in case. Plus, I didn't really want to go home and see Jeff or Drew. But why was Billie so worked up over a silly joke?

Half an hour later, I'd come up with the idea that he was just miffed that someone had a laugh at his expense. I spent the better half of another hour looking through magazines, until a nurse came up to me.

"Excuse me, but are you here for the Armstrong boy?" she asked kindly.

"Yes, why? Is something wrong?"

"No, no. It's just, none of us could get him to eat. Even his strange friend tried, and told me to find you."

"I guess I could try. What's for dinner?" I smiled, following her to his room.

"Well, in my opinion, hospital food is disgusting, so I let his mother sneak something in. He's got some vegetarian lasagna, rice, and a baked potato."

"Okay. I'll see what I can do," I told her, then went in.

"Tre, out." He nodded, and scurried out.

I went over to Billie's bed, and went to say something, but grabbed his box of lasagna and the fork from its spot in his lap.

"Mmm. Thanks for dinner Billie Joe!" I sat in the chair, and took a small bite.

"You know, its hard to pass up such great food when there's a floor of icky hospital stuff below us. You're so kind to save me from it!" I took another small bite, and Billie just watched.

"Do you want some?"

He hesitated.

"Too bad. The nurse, Becky, said that they couldn't get you to eat it, so I am. Snooze ya lose."

He continued to watch me, his gaze moving from the food to my eyes.

"Grace, can I have it back? Please?"

"Are you gonna eat it?" He nodded, and I got up, setting it on his lap, giving him the fork.

I watched Billie try to cut his food with one hand, then lift it halfway to his mouth, with a pained expression.

When he noticed I was staring, he smiled softly, "What? I wasn't kidding when I said I was sore."

"Want some help?" He nodded once more, and I began to cut it up.

I lifted a forkful to his mouth, and he did the rest. I got tired of standing, so I sat on the edge of the bed with my feet on the seat of the chair, then continued to feed Billie.

"Have I ever told you how awesome you are?" he asked, still chewing some rice.

"No," I felt the heat flow to my face quickly, so I turned away, pretending to cough.

"No, Gray. I love it when I make you blush."

"Sure you do," I rolled my eyes.

"Of course. I love it when you smile too. But I haven't seen one of those in a while."

"Yeah, well, I don't really have a reason to. I dumped my boyfriend, got beaten up, you're here, and we've fought multiple times today," I sighed.

"Yeah, but.." The door opened before he could finish.