Sequel: Pieces of Truth
Status: Completed! (Updated for layout, format, and grammar on Sept. 17, 2012)

Paper Lanterns

We are only Friends...

[Billie Joe]

From the apartment, I drove straight to Tre's, knowing that they had something to do with this. I walked in without knocking, and found them in the living room, drinking beer. To support my theory, there were boxes of condoms lying around.

"You god damn mother fucking assholes! I can't believe you!" I yelled, and Tre dropped his half empty Bud.

"Holy fuck, man! What's your problem?" he screeched.

"Oh.. Hi Billie," Mike greeted, not taking his eyes off the TV.

"Why?! Why couldn't you just let us be! We were this close.." I motioned with my thumb and index finger. "But no, you fags just had to take all the fucking condoms." I was beyond pissed off.

"Dude, you should've seen the way she was eying you before we left. It's our civic duty to protect her from your charm and sex appeal," Tre retorted.

"I'm not the one who pressured her! She was all over me when we got back. Not that I didn't like it."

"Sure," Mike rolled his eyes.

"Seriously! She tried to strip me down. I made her stop, and asked if she was ready. She even had to think about it before saying yes."

"So?"

"So?! I was all worked up, not to say she wasn't too, and I got up to get a rubber, but low and behold, there aren't any in the whole fucking place!"

"What makes you think we took them?" Tre asked, trying to be funny.

"These," I grabbed a few of the boxes and threw them at him, "and the fact that there weren't any in Mike's room either."

"Fine. You got us," Mike sighed, "but it was for your guys' protection."

"Yeah. Thanks a lot," I groaned, and grabbed a box of Trojans, then left.

I got back to the apartment almost an hour and a half later, after making a few quick stops for some blue and purple hair dye for tomorrow. Grace was asleep on the couch, so I shut off the TV, and carried her to bed.

'Should I change her into pjs?' I thought, while getting myself undressed. 'She'd only be creeped out in the morning.. But maybe she'll think its sweet or whatever.'

[Grace]

I woke up the next morning in my pajamas, in Billie's arms in the bed.

'What? Did I miss something?'

The previous night replayed and a wave of guilt hit me.

'I've got to make this up to him'

I got up carefully and went into the kitchen.

'Let's start with breakfast in bed, and see what goes from there.'

I made pancakes and added some relatively fresh strawberries and blueberries, but those were on a separate plate.

Now, Billie loves maple syrup, and I knew just how much to smother over his pancakes, nearly drowning them.

I brought the plates into the bedroom and put them on my bedside table.

"Billie Joe," I called softly, rubbing his arm.

"Good morning," I smiled once I saw his slight grin.

"What time is it?" he asked, trying to pull the covers over his face.
"Ten thirty."

"Don't you have work?"

"I switched schedules and have late shifts all week."

He suddenly sat up, "Something smells good."

"Why thank you," I laughed, then grabbed the plates.

"You made me breakfast? In bed? And you know just the right syrup amount! Will you marry me?"

"Not today," I shook my head. "Hurry up or it'll get cold and soggy.. Then all my hard work will be for nothing. I slaved over a hot stove, ya know."

Billie laughed, folding his pancake like people fold pizza, and shoved it in his face.

I watched him scarf the food, just picking at mine.. I'm not really a breakfast person.

"God, you'd think you haven't eaten in days," I said to myself, laughing slightly.

"Huh?" he asked, giving me a view of half chewed pancakes.

Once he'd cleared his plate, I asked, "Do you want mine?"

He shook his head, rubbing his stomach, "Full..."

"Am I going to have to break out the Thanksgiving sweatpants?"

"Nah, not just yet.. I could go for some desert though," he smirked.

"Oh? And what would you like?"

"I think you know," he answered just above a whisper.

"Excellent choice. Now, do we have proper protection this time?" I held back my growing smile.

"Yep," he began to kiss my neck, letting his hands wander.

Soon after, one thing led to another, and then there was pure bliss.

[Billie Joe]

Grace and I laid there afterward, and I'd noticed that she had fallen asleep.

'God, what a girl. I seriously am one lucky fuck,' I kept telling myself.

I know Grace deserves so much more than what I can give her, or probably will ever be able to give, but you can't change us or how we feel. And the sex... Fucking amazing.

Hard to believe she was a virgin. The weird thing was that I don't feel dirty or like it was a huge, drunken mistake like I've done before. I feel better than any high I've ever had. What we did was right, and so will any future activities.

[Grace]

I woke up and saw Billie watching the ceiling.

"Hey there," I smiled, and he looked over at me.

"I was watching you sleep, but didn't want to freak you out.."

"It's fine," I told him.

"So, you ready for round two?"

"Oh, you bet."

But shortly after I had replied, I realized that I needed to be at work in less than an hour.

"Billie Joe, I gotta take a shower and go in for my shift," I tried to untangle myself from both his arms and the bedsheets.

"Noo," he groaned into my neck, clinging onto me tightly, "I'll call you in sick."

"You sure? Cause we do need the money.."

"I'm sure. One sick day won't matter."

He got up, pulled on his boxers and went into the living room, but I could hear the whole conversation clearly.

"Yeah, hi. This is Billie, Grace's boyfriend. Yeah, I'm calling to let you guys know that she can't come in tonight," he put on a tired voice, "yeah. We went out to dinner last night, and I guess she ate something bad, because she's becoming reacquainted with everything she consumes. Sure. Yeah, I'll let her know. Thanks so much.. Bye."

He came back in, a grin plastered to his face.

"Thanks babe," I gave him a kiss.

"Anytime," he answered, hopping back into bed.