Sequel: Pieces of Truth
Status: Completed! (Updated for layout, format, and grammar on Sept. 17, 2012)

Paper Lanterns

To this day I'm asking why?

"Hmm.. What should we do now?" I asked a few hours later, playing with the elastic of Billie's boxers.

"We could continue our little sexcapade," he smirked, wiggling his eyebrows up and down suggestively.

"Beej.. I really hope our relationship isn't going to revolve around sex."

"Don't worry.. I'm not gonna pressure you."

"Thanks," I grabbed the shirt Billie had been wearing earlier, and pulled it on.

"Why were you out for so long last night?"

"I went to Tre's.. Apparently, they cleared this place of all the condoms and hid out there."

"What fags!"

"I know. They said it was for our own good."

"Yeah, like unprotected sex is much better," I rolled my eyes, "if you're a fucking devout Catholic.."

"Oh come off it," he put on an overly fake British accent, "because every sperm is sacred," he sang from Monty Python's Meaning of Life movie.

"Oh god, shut up! That movie scarred me for life. The Holy Grail is so much better."

"You've got me there.. It is better," he answered quickly.

I yawned, stretching my arms above my head, then leaned back into the pillows.

"Jesus, you're still tired?" he laughed.

"Yeah man. I didn't get much sleep last night.. And today's activities haven't exactly had a caffeinating effect on me."

"Sure. You just don't want my hot sex," he pouted.

"Mm. I'd kill for it babe, but I'm not the Energizer Bunny."

"No, don't try and make me feel better. I know how you feel," he struggled to conceal a smile.

"You know what? You're right. I've found you to be the most repulsive thing in bed.. I mean come on, ew," I laughed, "which is why I just had sex with you. Three times."

"Actually, in our situation. It's referred to as 'making love' and am I really bad?"

I shook my head, "No. I'm pretty sure you're a pro."

Billie laughed, and randomly laughed, "I'm fucking starving."

"Wait. I thought you were fucking me!" I yelped in fake anger, "And I don't feel like cooking. So you do it."

I realized exactly what I had said, "Oh, I mean.... Let's go to Rod's."

"You want to go out for dinner? Are you ok?"

"Well, yeah. I'm way too tired to cook, and you'd burn down the building."

"Alright. Let's go then."

"Uh. No. I need to shower. I bet a blind person could tell we had sex."

After reluctantly agreeing to let Billie shower with me, 'because it'll save water and time,' I was dressed, my hair was dried, and we were ready to go.

At Rod's, we sat in a booth and Sarah was our waitress.

"I'm gonna go say hey to my mom," Billie told me after we had ordered.

"Alright, tell her I say hey."

Immediately after Billie had gotten up, Sarah took his spot.

"What's going on? Long time no see.."

"Yeah, I know. Billie and his band have gotten a record deal, but that's about it.."

"You sure?" she asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because, Grace. You're glowing."

"Oh," I felt my face get hot. Her face changed, like something had just clicked, and something all made sense.

"Oh my god, you and Billie had sex!" She let out in a quiet, excited voice, and I couldn't keep the grin off my face.

"How much would you bet that Ollie knows already?" I laughed, trying to brush off my embarrassment.

"Trust me, she's known since you two walked in."

"Mom!" I heard Billie groan, and I watched him cover his face with a hand, "I can't believe you! I just come by to say hi and.. Yeah. We did."

"See?"

"Are we really that easy to read?"

"Not when you're apart. But you're really you around him. Anyone could see it."

I glanced over to Billie, then back at Sarah, and smiled.

"He just has that effect on me. Pathetic, huh? I'm like a lovesick puppy."

"No, you two are past that. You guys are like.."

"An old married couple," I finished, and Sarah laughed.

"Again, no. Kids our age are lucky to make a relationship last six months. But I can see you and Billie showing up together at our twenty-five year class reunion."

"Really? You think we're like that?"

"Of course I do! No one was surprised to hear that you guys had gotten together.. They just asked why it took so fucking long!"

"I don't know, actually. Not a whole lot has changed between us.. We're still best friends, but we make out a lot more. Now, tell me about your progress with Mike."

Sarah blushed, "Nothing.. There's been like, no progress whatsoever. We just sit around and talk during break."

"That's definitely something! Has he told you about their band?"

"Yeah?"

"Well then he likes you. Mike isn't an open book.. Obviously, the band is very close to their hearts, and Mike won't just tell anyone about it."

"You sure?"

"Positive," I smiled, "I'm gonna give it a week before he starts asking me about you."

Sarah's eyes lit up as Billie came back and sat next to me.

"Mom knows," he sighed, and I laughed.

"Yeah, it figures. She's got that sixth sense of hers."

Sarah went back to work, Billie and I ate, then said our goodbyes and went home.

"Hey babe, let's dye our hair!" Billie grinned, pulling out two boxes of blue and purple dye.

"I'll do yours, but I'm not so sure about mine," I answered with uncertainty.

Then the fun began.